Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booya
Feb 17, 2012
Just read the first volume of I Am A Hero. I'm the type of person who, in a lot of stories, will often spend a lot of time looking for the trick, trying to figure out the twist, so for me the insistence on avoiding spoilers in the OP really piqued my interest as you might imagine. From the first panels, I guessed the twist was gonna be horror themed, no reason in particular, just something about the tone said that to me on some level. For a while after that, I was convinced it was going to be about ghosts, or at least Suzuki's delusional ghosts, despite a couple hints dropped in the background about bites and so on. It wasn't until the first time I noticed people in medical masks that I started thinking zombies. Despite figuring it out probably a little earlier than intended (I guess it's just hard to slip some secret zombies in now that we're so inundated,) the manga threw me for a loop a couple times, and I really enjoyed the mysterious tone. The art was good, faces looked a little bizarre at times, but Tekko at the end was loving spot on terrifying. I'm still not convinced we haven't just moved from Suzuki hallucinating ghosts to Suzuki hallucinating zombies, but I'm definitely hooked. I think I'm gonna go read some more now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU