Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Does anyone have recommendations for a make and model of dash cam to buy in the US? Preferably off Amazon though I'm somewhat flexible. Not looking for any particular price point. Would fit a late model sedan. I'm just not sure what brands are trash and what is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

CharlesM posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181244084845?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This arrived for me today. I am still trying it out. It came from Korea in less than a week.
Check out dashcamtalk.com. There is a FAQ with a list of some cameras. I had the "Mini 0801" but returned it because the firmware was buggy and the camera would shut off randomly. It is available from an Amazon seller with Prime though.

Dashcamtalk is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, thanks!

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Uthor posted:

I know you're supposed to move over if you're getting passed on the right, but what are you to do if you're already in the right hand lane and some douche in a BMW decides to pass you on the shoulder at 70+ mph?

Immediately after, he crossed three lanes into the left most lane, exactly one car further ahead than where he started.

Speed up and trap him on the shoulder, you want an idiot like that behind you.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
I get that they're heavy and accelerate slow, but is it kosher to be pissed at semis that accelerate really slowly on rural on ramps and merge into highway traffic going 75-80 at 30 per?