Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.

kastein posted:

90/95 Interchange

You forgot the best part of that interchange: trying to get onto 95 South from 90 in either direction. You can see it if you got a little to the left on that google maps link, but you have a merge area about 400 feet long in which all traffic coming from 90 Eastbound that wants to go to 95 South has to merge into or through all traffic from 90 Westbound that wants to get onto 95 at all. 90 Westbound traffic going to 95 North has to merge out of that onto the overpass and then go through the rest of that mess. I'm absolutely amazed I've never seen an accident there in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
In my town the crossing guards are all the same traffic enforcement officers who check the meters downtown (and do some other stuff I guess?). They're actual police officers and can and will write tickets to/radio in people who do things like in that story. Course on the other hand they actually know what they're doing and usually keep the flow of traffic moving as best as it can.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
also this?

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
Could be using them as free firewood too, dried out old pallets burn drat good.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
I saw the legendary taillight-less Ford last night! About 1:30am going eastbound on the mass pike black or dark blue focus with no tail lights driving with their high beams on. Not a new one either, looked like a first generation hatchback though I didn't stick around long enough to get a good look at it.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
These are the people I share a small, dead end road with:

They decided that the best place to leave one of their cars in a snow storm was on the street, at the end where the plow has to push all the snow to.

This is their other car, they drove their kids to school in that earlier today. Probably with more snow on it at the time.

I didn't take pictures yesterday unfortunately, they leave it on the street too and force the plow to go around it completely loving up the road in the process. Apparently they put it in the MBTA parking lot nearby overnight then called the town to complain that the road hadn't been plowed. Yes, they have a driveway and a garage. No, I don't know what their problem with using them is.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
Just the other week I saw something new in obnoxious lights - a pickup truck with some sort of LED light bar across the front edge of the hood. It was blindingly bright from the other side of a divided highway, I really hope this doesn't become the new HIDZZZZ fad.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
Today I saw someone change their mind about entering a highway mid-onramp. Stopped on the ramp, then went across the grass island to get onto the off ramp. I can't really complain since he did this all fairly quickly and smoothly, and didn't cut anyone off getting onto the off-ramp, but still, that poo poo's not kosher.

Bonus: There's an off-ramp 1/4 mile down the highway there that would have put him right back where he came from if he'd just had a bit of patience.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
Earlier today had to wait a good five minutes to leave a parking lot because someone decided to drive the wrong way down the one way lot and then fumblefuck their way through a 15 point turn to get into the angled parking spot. At least they kept yelling about how sorry they were every time they backed out and tried to ram their car into the spot from the wrong direction again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.

PT6A posted:

At that point, why not just back into the spot and deal with things on the way out? Wouldn't that be just the easiest thing ever?

"But that's not my favorite thing!"
-them