Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

I was cruising in the right lane on a four-lane highway yesterday, at the end of a line of traffic, in a spot where another two-lane merges in and has about 1/3 mile or more of a lane for merging. Since my exit was coming up within only 1/4 mile of where the merge lane ends, and there was only one car merging from that highway, I figured I would be okay, he would slow down and merge in behind me, so it didn't bother me when he disappeared into my blindspot.

Well I assumed wrong. Suddenly, at the VERY LAST instant where the lane ends, he decides to floor it and pass me to merge in ahead of me into the <1 car length between me and the guy ahead of me. There was nobody behind me! I'm damned lucky I didn't smash into his ignorant Jetta rear end. I mashed the brakes as hard and after the shock wore off I leaned on that horn the rest of the way to the exit, because gently caress that guy.

What the heck was he trying to prove with something so stupid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Count Freebasie posted:

Specifically, the on-ramp from Chester on 95 North right before you hit the 476 exit. I've seen countless rear-ends there.

That's bad, but nothing compared to the insane(ly cramped) interchange at 352 and 1 in Lima..

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Today I had a tailgater really on my rear end when I came up to a light at a stale yellow, and decided because of the cameras I'd have to do a quick stop because it was certain I'd run it otherwise. Tailgater had to swerve onto the shoulder to not hit me and boy was he pissed off.

Does that make me the rear end in a top hat in this situation? Because I feel like the rear end in a top hat.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

This loving thing right here. See how each lane balloons out into two separate merge lanes? Good intentions but often frustrating results since it depends on Maryland drivers knowing how to A.) Read signs, and B.) Use lanes

Runner up:

A circle with both yield signs and traffic lights in it? Sure, why not.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

IronDoge posted:

Some poor girl got shot and killed near me in a road rage incident.

I go down that way frequently, and the way people jostle and zoom past each other there I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened before to be quite honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

The other day I was going eastbound on the Bay Bridge from Annapolis. One of the two spans can have two-way traffic via a single lane depending on the volume of traffic.

Anyway, I found myself going the normal speed in this lane with a line of cars in back of me but no one in front of me -- that is, until we came up over the rise of the bridge and had we all had to brake for our lives because a minivan had stopped dead in the lane so that their passenger could take pictures out the window. No blinkers, no nothing, just open road, a bend, then...minivan.

Like, what the gently caress.