Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

On the subject of awful intersections, my town has two that piss me off to no end. They would be entirely reasonable intersections if the town would put in traffic lights, but my town has *NO* traffic lights because they would spoil the historic atmosphere. Most of the time this isn't a problem, it's a small town, but it also happens to contain one of the most popular beaches in Massachusetts, and one of the major scenic routes along the coast goes through the center of town. As such at the height of tourist season there can be some pretty drat significant traffic.

This is the intersection between the town's two busiest streets, route 1a (the scenic road I mentioned) and the most direct route to route 1 and the highway, as well as a road that houses many of the local businesses and the train station. Route 1a is the northwest to southeast road, and on summer weekends is generally bumper to bumper. As such, trying to turn left anywhere intersection can mean waiting a couple minutes or risking an accident.

This is another nearby intersection which is mostly notable for one feature. The primary route of the main road from the south (center of town) is to the Northwest across the train tracks. This road has no yield or flashing light or anything else. Because it is the direct route nobody signals if they're crossing the tracks. Likewise, no one signals if they're going down the road to the Northeast because it doesn't really look like a turn. Traffic coming in from the Northeast has a stop sign here, the only one in the intersection. The road coming in from the Northwest side of the tracks is elevated slightly and blocked by bushes and a fence, so combined with the awkward angle it makes it difficult to see if anyone is coming that way. Since no one signals approaching from the south you can't assume that just because someone isn't signaling that they aren't crossing the tracks, so sometimes you're stuck waiting at this intersection for as much as a minute despite relatively low traffic flow since people go pretty fast through here and no one ever stops for you. Even a couple more stop signs would make this intersection much more manageable, but, too much signage lowers property values don't you know?

This sounds like a good time to spend a bit of tourism revenue having cops directing traffic at peak times. No tourism revenue? Have additional cops enforcing every traffic law imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

The Midniter posted:

These are the people you share a parking lot with.

Holy poo poo, Carmel Commons outta loving nowhere

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

kastein posted:

I hope they loving die.

There should be a policy that whoever causes an accident this bad loses however many years of their life that they wasted for others sitting in their traffic jam. gently caress! Stop crashing into people you retards! If you can't pilot your stupid car at the speeds you travel at without playing pinball with it, you have no business having a license. Get the gently caress off the god drat road.

Chill, dude. You seem way angrier than is really warranted.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I am the guy you share a road with, because I got myself stuck in the middle of a six lane highway with several inches of snow on it. My mistake was trying to drive against the established ruts at an obtuse angle on an uphill slope in a low slung sportscar. Also, I should have turned off the drat traction control sooner.