Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

I remember having this experience last year when I went to pick up a buddy's Dodge Ram from a bar and take it home. I said ok. I got dropped off at the bar by my wife at around 10-11pm.

She followed me to my buddy's place from behind. At this time, the weather was a little cold and was forecasted for some snow so I was expecting some spreaders on the road for salt. Driving down the highway at 70km/hr with the wife in the Jetta behind me. I saw that a salt truck was quickly approaching in the passing lane and I was like, "ok sure" and pulled to the slow lane so they could pass doing their thing.

The salt truck sped up past me and then promptly cut me off spraying tons of salt on me. I shrugged and dropped it down to 60km/hr so he can get some distance ahead of me.

He then slowed down to match my speed. I was really confused at this point. It kinda seems to me that he was intentionally trying to be a dick to me.

I quickly texted my wife and said to pull over and wait for the guy to keep going. So she did as I did.

The guy loving pulled over too. I was flabbergasted and had to assume maybe he was on the radio or something. I called my wife and said, "ok we're going. Get ahead of me and stay ahead. I will meet you there." She said ok and drove past the salt truck.

I waited for a bit and then pulled out and drove forward. The salt truck pulled out just a few seconds later. I doubles the speed limit and blasted past him in the passing lane and kept ahead. I slowed down to the speed limit because I'm pretty sure the cops don't accept, "killer salt truck stalking me."

The salt truck sped up and started TAILGATING ME. Then he flashed me with his high beams and tried to pass me and started to slowly run me off the road. I honked the horn several times with no response. I slammed on my brake before I ran out of roads and pulled over. He pulled over again.

I reached into the backseat and grabbed a large wrench (buddy's work tools) and got out of the truck to confront the driver. I guess he saw the wrench and drove off????

I called the cops and the city and reported what happened. They said they don't know whether it was a contractor or a city worker. I asked for a follow up and I haven't heard anything.

It was a weird moment on the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Is you buddy's pickup running a Duelly rear axle?

Nope. Why?

vvvvv I don't get it... :( vvvvv

E: oh I get it now. I thought you made a spelling error.

quaint bucket fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 19, 2013