Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Nocheez posted:

PYF roundabout.

there's nothing particularly bad about these but they are just so out of place. there's no roundabouts anywhere in the area, then you get here and it's like wtf where'd this come from.

when they first put these in to replace all the traffic lights, there were constant accidents to the point where each one had a cop car parked in the middle waiting for an accident to happen rofl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

PT6A posted:

Why would anyone ever drive a RHD in North America?

because the autozam az-1 is my dream car and was never released outside of japan

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

oregon drivers are so terrible it makes me miss living in new york

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

there is no excuse for drunk driving either hth

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

in their case wouldn't that be more like living free and dying

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

El Jebus posted:

I'm getting ready to do I-5 north from LA to Portland. For most of the trip, you are on 2 lanes outside of the cities and 3 lanes inside. Cruise control offers two speeds, 60-69 if you want to stay behind a semi and cruise in the right lane, or 70-75 if you want to cruise behind someone camping in the left lane while you slowly pass the clumps of semis. Of course, if you want to go faster, your best option is waiting for a gap between semi groups, launching into the right lane and accelerating past the group of left lane campers. Flashing your brights in an attempt to get people to move over rarely works during daylight hours. I'm not excited.

i drive on i-5 from grants pass to ashland and back 5 days a week when college is in session and holy fuckin sweet jesus i can't believe the drivers at least on that stretch of i-5 are so much worse than they are back in my old stomping grounds of upstate new york

the amount of left lane campers alone drives me loving batty. also i'm apparently the only person who drives this highway with cruise control on or who knows how to hold a constant speed, because everyone else, no matter how new or old or luxurious their vehicle is, varies their speed by like 10mph so i will pass them at 75, then they'll pass me while i'm still going 75, then i'll pass them back, repeat. it's so annoying, like why don't you just go one speed it isn't really hard.

also i got pulled over for going 72 in a 65 on i-5 which is just :laffo:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Javid posted:

It's almost like 72 is a higher number than 65, the highest number you're legally supposed to make your car go at. Have you considered making your car go 65?

:nallears:

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 5, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

if you get in a hit and run and have a dashcam why even fuckin chase the guy down, you have his license plate number already :confused:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i daily a '91 mr2 that has 200k miles on it. in the 30k miles i've put on it in the past 3 years (plus track day/autocross stuff), no issues have happened. the valve cover gasket needs replaced and has since i bought it (lazy) and the ac did not work when i bought it but did after a new condensor and recharge.

just buy old toyotas. they deserve their reputation as bulletproof cars that never die and are cheap to fix. though i guess this is less of an option if you live in the rust belt.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i know poo poo-all about the trucking business so can someone explain why swift is so, so bad?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Locator posted:

I had a semi do that to me on I-10 once, almost a mile before the merge point, but he waited so long to make his move that I had to just drive onto the shoulder to not slam into the back of his trailer. He honked and stuck his arm out the window to flip me off. The best part is that there is an exit ramp about 100 yards before the merge, and that was my destination, not the lane he was in anyway. loving moron.

And yes, I probably shouldn't have been travelling so much faster than the left lane, but it was going really drat slow while I was probably doing about 40-45 (in a 75).

Edit: So if you ever considered driving your F-250 into the center median and slamming into a parked grader, I would recommend against it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAtpkbWtM7g

"The CalTrans worker had just gotten out of it and was ok, truck driver NO."

yeah describing the pickup driver as NO seems pretty accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

some years back i almost got hit in my 85 rx7 by someone in a pickup towing a trailer. we both had a green light and were turning onto a 4 lane road, i was turning right he was turning left, he turned right into my lane, i gunned it so he would not smash into me and he responded by honking, gunning it, getting alongside me, swerving at me several times all while his window was down and he was screaming at me to pay the gently caress attention and other such nonsense.

ever since then i am extra cautious turning at all onto a road with two or more lanes going in one direction because loving christ people suck at doing anything right when turning (or doing most other things on the road i guess).

i also almost got smashed in the same car in a roundabout by someone in a pacifica who did not understand that people in a roundabout have the right of way, and of course they reacted in pretty much the same way as the pickup douchebag did, with an added trio of brakechecks.

this was all doubly humorous since this was a rotary that had a straightpipe and was therefore so loud i could not even carry out a conversation with a passenger at idle. you'd think even if people could not see my car they could at least hear the fuckin thing.