Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I didn't know parking brakes ever worked until I got a job that paid enough to not buy 10 year old cars that had seized parking brakes or removed parking brakes here in the rust belt. Don't park on a hill unless you are at the bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Jared592 posted:

I've seen a lot of that in tighter areas, and really, I can't imagine where else you'd realistically be able to unload.

In South Philly, there's places (such as South Broad) where people literally park in these, and the PPA seems to leave them alone.
http://goo.gl/8YOd7f

It took me less then 15 seconds to find a shirtless guy.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
That is a rip off of the CATERPILLAR CS433E VIBRATORY SMOOTH DRUM ROLLER. No longer powered by steam.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Well in their defense they don't put stop signs on alleys. You still have to stop though.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
When the defroster is on the traction control light is directly connected to an injector that sprays gas onto the exhaust manifold.

How are these cars even starting do people in the south even use antifreeze?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
How does someone force you off the road? The correct thing to do is maintain your lane integrity and let them hit you if you cannot slow down enough to avoid the accident. You swerving off the road is your own fault. Defensive driving though keeps you out of those situations if you maintain your no dent space.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I don't think he is in a county that values human life over traffic inconvenience. He could have probably blasted that kid into the great beyond and sued the parents for denting his car.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think autozone gave the guy the wrong part when he asked for a big rear end tire plug.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I need a bumper sticker announcing that my engine has so much power that dumping the clutch at idle won't stall the engine even at a 170 degree incline. Also who drives a car that down't have a brake line lock?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Regulations are not laws. F the police.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think we have to be missing some toyota fuckary that was not inlcuded.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am still going to drive in the left lane as slow as poo poo to piss off all of you.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Most of you will get old. I am just saying when you pass the soylent green laws you will eventually be subject to them. (Not that you could ever overcome the fact that old people have nothing better to do then vote) That said the older I get the less I care about having a valid license or insurance or traffic ordinances. Just saying what are they going to do?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I never use a parking brake. I have never had an auto roll away. If you use a parking brake eventually some moron will drive all day with it on.

Edit beaten by someone with moron friends.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If you turn your wheel properly the curb will stop your car. If there is no curb then use a tree.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
He is daring you to tow it. He probably doesn't want it back. It is like a free trailblazer disposal spot.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

If that happens, you yield to the person on your right.

If four cars all come to a full stop at the exact same instant, well, go buy a lottery ticket.

There's a somewhat busy 4 way stop I use regularly, and if I notice cars coming from all directions and there might be same grey area on who stopped "first" I'll intentionally lean into my brakes to make sure I get there last just to try and erase a potential stalemate.

I do the opposite and don't stop at all.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Will self driving cars understand the Pittsburgh left? I bet if you get out in front of one fast enough though they will stop in time. This will become a new hobby for people.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

I'm just impressed with that 2d Blazer at this point.

Did he leave his house with the blazer in that condition cause that is awesome.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

TotalLossBrain posted:

I think they are still getting used to the turning radius of that land yacht. I am not impressed.

If it is a coupe they need that much space to open the door.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

The Ferret King posted:

I understand but the ER doesn't currently withhold treatment for fear they'll lose money, do they?

Some will ship you to the county hospital if you are not in a real emergency or will stabilize you then move you.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

dissss posted:

That'll lead to people disconnecting the odometer between inspections.

1999 called, cars don't work that way anymore.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

LloydDobler posted:

Time for buses to have high quality dash cams front and rear that can easily pick out plates and faces. And hats off to that driver, if that were my kid they'd be a member of cake of the month club or something equally awesome now.

I like the RPG idea just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

nm posted:

For occupants school buses are extremely safe. The engineering is amazing even if they are ugly and lack ac.

Also lol at you if you run into a giant yellow rectangle that goes 30 mph and stops every block. You probably deserve to have your car destroyed.