Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Runners are often taught that the road is much softer and more forgiving on one's joints when compared to a concrete sidewalk. That said, you have to draw the line somewhere...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

xzzy posted:

Rather than try to keep a constant speed I just park my foot at a set throttle and let gravity do what it will. I pick up a bunch of speed going downhill then it all bleeds off by the time I get to the top of the next one. Unless there's a really tall hill I almost always end up at the same speed I started at.
I've heard that this is very nice to gas mileage. I do it when away from traffic sometimes.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Wait what the gently caress? If there is a left turn lane with a left arrow how can anyone be turning left unprotected, without running red lights?

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

That is some poo poo, I mean really there are already enough folks to who can't get it right at a normal intersection :v:

Where about is it?

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

I think that engine brakes sound pretty cool, and obviously they don't exist just to make a bunch of noise but I can understand taking a dim view of them while you are snug in bed trying to sleep.

InterceptorV8 posted:

If you are on a motorcycle, and your tires on on or near the paint, you're over the line!

It has always killed me the way large packs of harley/chopper riders tend to cruise along close enough to hold hands, some of them inevitably running very near the center of the lane with mirrors/elbows/fairings sticking out into oncoming traffic. It's your rear end on the ground if something goes wrong, not the cager's!

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Driving behind a VW, the light in front of us turned red. He noticed my right turn signal was on and squeezed waaay the gently caress over to the left side of our lane so I could fit past him and make my right turn. Thanks bud! I scooted by and looked over at him to give a wave... already, his face was excitedly buried in cell phone :saddowns:

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

I've never heard of such a thing but I can definitely get behind the idea. An anti-car weapon is exactly what I need when crossing the street. They should be made of iron and lead, though.

(not being sarcastic)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

xzzy posted:

Nearby drivers are gonna identify you really fast if a paintball spews from your grille.
If they've managed not to see your car, a few paintballs will be no problem :v: