Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

PT6A posted:

Out of curiosity, is that giant red circle on the road or the map program? If the former, perhaps he was trying to use it as a roundabout, because that looks confusing as gently caress and I have no idea why it would be there.

Yeah it's real. It's just decorative brick, it doesn't really show up, especially when it's just before sunrise like when this incident took place.

Plus it was definitely intentional, it's not like the traffic light is hard to miss. He came to a stop, then flipped his turn signal on and made his "maneuver".

E:

Plus floridians know fuckall about roundabouts.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

This guy came to a stop, look around, flipped his signal on, then made a hard right (as if to actually make the turn) before cutting hard left, stopping AGAIN at the (now-red) light again, then making a right to continue on as normal.

I assure you it was not confusion about the intersection layout.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The people you share a road with:

My mom just found this on my windshield. Can't think of what provoked it; only thing I've done recently was follow some guys who blew around me at the stop sign in front of my house, about a month ago. I cooled off after a minute and turned around without doing anything, but maybe they remembered and are still pissed that someone didn't just bend over and accept them being pricks (they'd almost rear-ended me several times leading up to said stop sign trying to push me to speed, and were doing about 40 driving away from me. that's why i let off, i wasn't about to go that fast in a neighborhood just for vigilante justice).

Or maybe they just don't like aftermarket exhausts? :shrug: Either way, nice to have an enemy I guess.

I'd like to report this to the police but there's really nothing for them to record, is there?

E: Took another picture with timestamp and a brief description of the incident, just in case poo poo does escalate.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 11, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Remember kids, it's not entrapment if they do it of their own accord!

e: or if you're not a LEO i guess ianal

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I got my initial lessons split between an ES300 and the MSP I now daily drive (and took my test in the Lexus), but I mostly cut my chops driving my dad's truck, a 94 Ram 2500 with the V10. 8 liters, 310hp and 450 lb*ft, which is embarrassingly close to the 240/420 out of the current 3L ecodiesel :laffo: And it was a king cab (because it partly served family hauler duty and this was before quad cabs were really ubiquitous) with an 8-foot bed (because it was also a legit work truck), so maneuvering it was an adventure for a new driver.

I remember being really impressed the first time I ever saw him take it all the way up to 90mph. Such an innocent time. :allears:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

lol single car crash across the street

apparently my mom overheard the driver say he "fell asleep at the wheel", hit the mailbox and flipped. hmmm....

only passengers were the driver and his dog.

i feel bad for the dog, poor thing must be shook up.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

buttcrackmenace posted:

Just how long will a Sebring / Cirrus continue to run with no oil?

https://youtu.be/nJ0S_NJxVK0?t=170

Answer is unclear.

man what a badass he is with those wheelies at the end

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

All I can think of with Tim Horton's chat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=norvbAITAz4

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Some of the Sheep posted:

If you're from the united states it's almost certain your opinions about coffee are completely wrong.

my opninion is that you are smart about coffee

chekcmate :smug:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Geoj posted:

Agreed, if only the liebral media would equally report all of the instances of mass stabbings at schools, theaters and/or workplaces that occur on an almost daily basis in this country oh wai...

THE ONLY THING THAT CAN STOP A BAD DRIVER WITH A CAR IS A GOOD DRIVER WITH A CAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

If you've got a mirror that can see directly behind while the rear glass is blocked, then by all means, share