Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

rscott posted:

I had to show a (male) friend of mine how to open the hood on his corolla, which is his winter beater. His DD is a E46 M3. :negative:

Another proud member of e46fanatics.com :negative:

InitialDave posted:

Yes, but if you lose a circuit, it still has an alarming effect on the braking. More of an issue is that the E30 uses a mini-drum inside the centre of the disc for the handbrake, and it's less than wonderful in terms of power. Though saying that, any car I've owned with a cable operating a disc caliper as a handbrake has seized once it starts getting on in years...

The brakes were the Achilles heel of my E30. Even with fresh everything and bled, if you actually had to emergency stop, it just wanted to keep going straight like a ZX-7R. Maybe it was just my car but judging by all the people doing 4-pot conversions I suspect not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
"Daily driver"

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

DD = Daily Driver
E46 M3 = 2001-2006 BMW M3

Who dropped the fully grown African bull elephant on that poor car?

Also, that's not an M3, it's a 318i auto with stick-on M3 vents from Bimmian and a 2 for 1 e-bay seller mirror + angel eyes kit.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

That's because it is an M3. I assume you didn't get his sarcasm :v:

I sometimes forget that most of AI doesn't come from a place where the 318 even exists, let alone is plastered with poorly executed m badges.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I dunno, a lot of the stuff I'm seeing here is insulting people for not knowing how to change a wheel. Why the hell should everyone know that? There's AAA, a million tire shops around the country, and tires hardly ever blow out, at least in my area. A lot of cars don't come with spares and the tools for it now, some cars have run-flats. And even if you know what you're doing, it's a pain in the rear end to do it on the side of the road and requires some muscle.

The instructions are in every manual for every car I've ever owned. And it needs muscle only if you've lost the jack and have to do it Superman the Movie style. People are just lame.