Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Not to start you guys on the children (children's parents?) bashing again, but I've just moved house in the last month.. I hadn't looked at the surrounding area as I don't hugely care where I live, as long as it's proximity to the city is pretty good.

I tend to keep upside-down hours. I've driven past what looks like a school a few times at midnight or so. Well today, I had to go to the post office, which, as it happens, the fastest way of getting to is past this school. I'll admit it is totally my fault for not thinking this through, but I had a package to pick up, and I'd only just woken up (around 3pm). In the 200 metres of the "school zone" I saw people pulling three-point-turns in front of all the other soccer-mom SUVs; I saw people literally pushing their kids across the road, despite there being a child-manned crossing 50 metres up the road, my favorite though.. was the mother who decided to ride. Now, Australia is pretty drat hot. It was only about 34 degrees Celsius today, but she decided to ferry with her kid by bike. I guess she deserves some credit for trying to get some exercise, but the way in which she executed this was absolutely astounding.

This road is only two lanes, one either way. She rode straight out from between parked cars into what would have been oncoming traffic (25 km/h limit school times) yelling over her right shoulder at her kid, who follows her like an ever obedient dog. That is, not looking, either. She only turned her head to the left when she went in front of me to take the left turn I was stopped at.

I generally avoid traveling at absolutely any hour near to what you might consider 'Rush Hour'. This though, absolutely blew my mind. Not instilling good road habits to your children is a totally foreign concept to me. I think I'm going to avoid what I think of as a short cut anywhere near that hour from now on. Mind blowing stuff :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU