Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
There is a magical jump on the bike path near the Wal-Mart to hop from the far right gutter to the center of the right two lanes on a four-laner which is perpetually busy. Of course this means that the bicyclist who is actually obeying these directives would dart across a whole lane of traffic to get out of the way of the low price mouthbreathers and trying to avoid the single lane going forward beyond the intersection.

I'd want to just sit there and record watch the near-misses, but being the normal bicyclists, they just ride on the sidewalk and scowl at the people walking on it, sometimes forcing THEM to step into the gutters. :v:

E: :regd08:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFFrsvgu1Y

Viggen fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

EightBit posted:

Good to see all the sociopaths come out and rage that they're slightly inconvenienced by legal use of roads.

Legality does not imply the sort of belligerent entitlement you appear to be seething with. I hope you can reread this with a clear head and realize what a oval office you sound like.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

EightBit posted:

If a powered vehicle were there that you couldn't pass, you probably wouldn't go on the internet and rage at truckers. But it's a group of cyclists, so somehow it's different.

I don't even understand the sentiment this is meant to convey, to be honest. I think you are taking the statements here bitching about BAD BIKERS far too personally. They're not all poo poo, just as not all day truckers are completely incompetent.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
As a man of refined gait and balance, I find that riding a unicycle is not only proper, but brings the entire concept of self-propelled travel to the masses. Not the unwashed, mind, but the properly refined who are more than capable of holding their heads (and spines) high. Those who do not agree are obviously unlearned, unwashed, and likely to have the plague.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

PainterofCrap posted:

Actually, you nailed it.

Oh god, KEN htit the schoolkids? :mad:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

jamal posted:

Naw man, just do it and let us know how it works out.

After all, you could always pull the bicycle out of storage.. :shrek:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

StormDrain posted:

After mine was hit I contemplated adding a coil spring to the bottom for that nice bo-yoing action when it gets hit next. It may look great in the wind too.

..until some liquored up teenager decides to smack it with a bat and sues you for their broken radius. :v:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Empty meme quoting tends to result in probation, Pilky.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Vindolanda posted:

So many of my facebook friends (actually one. 1 many) are complaining about driving in snow. One girl said "I had the speedo at 160 and it didn't unstick itself! I thought a Beemer was supposed to be quality!". Jesus christ.

So she had no traction on ice and the car was eating itself as her car looked like a dog dragging its rear end on the ground? Smart friends. Smart facebook.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

ijustam posted:

instrument clusters that light up with the lights off

..and idiots who confuse their DRLs for low beams.

That reminds me, I need to do a slight mod to have both reverse fog lamps on. Useful for tailgaters as well as the blinding snow.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

CannonFodder posted:

I've done the 'keep goosing the throttle so it doesn't stall' with a big rig, because the oil pressure would fall dramatically when braking. I was heel-toeing it the whole 1000 miles home so I could get it to a real shop and not the company shop that gave me the blasted thing.

If you have a two cycle car, this is also kind of required, too. :v:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

BraveUlysses posted:

I do this too and it's amazing to see how many people get mad that you're not accelerating towards a red light :jerkbag:

I still get strange looks when I'm asked why I am slowing down by my own drat passengers. Well, in about 1000ft it drops 10mph. There is no viable reason to hammer down straight up to the next speed limit sign and reseat your brake pads while testing your seatbelts' automatic locking mechanism.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

InterceptorV8 posted:

Heh, I keep my foot in it until I see a white sign that says otherwise. 6 wheel drifts are awesome, I dare you to say otherwise.

But, but, but my MPGs. :negative:

(You can also tell the older residents from where they slow down from where the sign USED to be, rather than where it is now.)

InterceptorV8 posted:

Guy was trying to tailfuck the dude's DOT bar for some reason.

We need to put cameras up on the 80E/Nugget exchange, and the new clusterfuck from 395580N-80-80-80 lanes. Not a goddamn day that I happen to be near there that at least one person has to hop across three lanes because HOLY gently caress THERE IS AN EXIT!

I don't think daytrippers understand the code of the road. I'll give them a double-tap flash to merge ahead of me (like I'm gonna be pushing a penske out of my lane anytime soon) and in so many years, I think I've had a handful of courtesy flashes back.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Geirskogul posted:

Every. Single. Goddamned time I drive :siren:my fiancee's:siren: Explorer, I stupidly hold the brake pedal down like a clutch pedal when starting it.

Some vehicles make you do that in order to start them. :confused:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

nsaP posted:

New rule: anyone from a state where rain causes accidents can no longer make fun of Georgia for the snow debacle.

Just so you know: Rain is thawed snow.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

FogHelmut posted:

Most of these anti-cellphone driving laws have exemptions for cops literally written as part of the law. Apparently they have some kind of advanced hyper driving abilities.

Wait until you find out about the new healthcare laws. :regd08:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

stevewm posted:

I don't care if they where old. I am 30 with no debt but my mortgage and I intend to keep it that way. I am not going to be saddled with $100k in medical debt. The insurance company is going to pay; it is what they are there to do.

Good luck with this. Get a lawyer.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

some texas redneck posted:

To contribute, tonight (well, last night, now), saw a guy on a crotch rocket weaving through traffic. Cut off a 3/4 ton truck bad enough that the truck slammed on their brakes and missed him by about a foot. Cut off plenty of others bad enough to cause the same. Apparently this wasn't enough, once he'd been at a red light for about 15 seconds he cut between the cars (lane splitting isn't legal here) and ran the light.

I was kind of expecting to find his remains further down the road.

I had someone do this in a Mitsubishi Galant in a parking lot a couple nights ago. Pulled onto the island to cut around everyone stopping at the stop sign, then blasting past 3 other stop signs before cutting hard right onto a busy-traveled road, then taking a wide left into moving traffic, nearly taking out multiple relatives' cars, and cutting in front of the next car in front when he was unable to get completely into the road (but still blocking half of a lane in a 4 lane road). He proceeded to force his way, into traffic, and blast through THE MAIN loving THOROUGHFARE and somehow survive without hitting anybody, and then jumping the curb to take off into Drugville suburbia. This took about two minutes, and this maniac wasn't getting there any faster than I was, despite this behavior. :iiam:

I wish I had bought a G1W when I could afford to - it was so surreal.

Well, I got your plates, too. The cops are more than happy to follow your plates upstream - but I'm pretty sure the car/plates are stolen.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Snowdens Secret posted:

You would think with roughly an entire generation raised on rhythm games this problem would be self-solving, but no

As Catholicism has proven, the rhythm method doesn't work.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
I have a Magellan. If it was listened to, it would have me on a perpetual loop going on, and off cloverleaf exits on pretty much any offramp from a major highway. It hasn't been turned on in several years due to this. The 2009 SD card update is superb. If you touch anything, it freezes. If you set more than 3 destination points, it dies randomly between them. If you ask it to recall your membership IDs (AAA, etc), it is prone to redirecting you back home. You know, because gently caress that.

I really, really, REALLY hated the navigation built into the SAAB. So, I used it in my West-East-West endeavor a couple years back. By the time I hit Penn, I didn't mind it. By the time I started heading back, and turned on "Avoid Major Cities", I absolutely adored it. I wish there were updates for it after 2008. :comeback:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

InitialDave posted:

You're hardly the Kwisatz Haderach mate.

Sorry, I may fix kindles, but I only speak superset dialects of nerd. I only go two neckbeards deep. :shobon:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Bucephalus posted:

These are the people you share a forum with.

Quick, post pictures of our homes. :v:

..and I'll tell you exactly why they're poo poo and Obama is to blame, evidently from my PMs.

I didn't get a picture, but a local neighbor with a complete turd of a dark grey Nissan Cube tried to take out the garbage mans' shins when he was plainly colored IN BRIGHT loving GREEN AND HAD ABOUT HALF OF A STREET TO HIMSELF. She swirved, but that shouldn't have been even necessary - they weren't taking up but a quarter of the cul-de-sac, and it wasn't in the middle. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Y'know, I don't *care* how shite/insane drivers are, I desperately need to get wheeled again. because I just got drive-by Witnessed this morning. :catstare:

You are taking the wrong approach. "If only 144k are going to go to heaven, don't you think that recruiting me will slim your chances?"

That worked really well in the 90s. I told the Mormons that I turned satanic for insurance purposes, then asked one of the guys if he wanted to make out.

Last I heard, my folks still have a check on their house for most soul solicitors.