Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Giblet Plus! posted:

seems like a pretty clear way to communicate "give us a little more space"

Seems like a pretty clear way to communicate "I want to die by being run over by a car but I don't want to leave any legal confusion as to who was at fault (me)."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

iForge posted:

The driver of the SUV should have put it in reverse and ran over all of them. Every person in that group had the power to stop that from spiraling out of control and they did nothing but either watch or participate. A certain motorcycle gang around here likes to do big-dick stuff like that all the time and more than once I have almost run one over for that poo poo. gently caress em.

Actually when he stopped the first time and they slashed his tires he hit three of them when he sped off.

Sadly, no injuries.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Delivery McGee posted:

My mom does the hazards whenever slowed down on the interstate. She's paranoid about truckers hitting her. I keep telling her truckers are the least likely to hit her because their career is over if they do; it's the people like her in four-wheelers she needs to worry about.

Also with her hazards on nobody has a loving clue when she's going to change lanes, because in many/most cars the turn indicators are made worthless with them on.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Anghammarad posted:

I've heard some newer cars (Mercedes and Citroen spring to mind) that will put the hazards on automatically, if you slam the brakes on hard enough. Used to see hazards for slowing on trucks a couple of years ago, and now everyone seems to do it

edit: whoops, was this window open that long?

If you watch Top Gear from series 8-onwards, a lot of their car tests around the track flash the hazards during hard braking, even something like the 2007 Ford Fiesta.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Huge_Midget posted:

When did it ever become acceptable for people to use the center turn lane as a merge lane? Just because you might have to wait a few seconds more to safely turn left from a side street doesn't mean "Hey, I'll just use the center turn lane as my own personal acceleration lane. Somebody will let me in eventually!" No. In fact, if I see someone doing that I'll make it my own personal mission to make sure they know the fact that the center turn lane is for traffic that is already on the street trying to decelerate and turn left. I swear to god oncoming SUV, I'll play loving chicken in my shitbox 1992 Accord. And guess what motherfucker? I ain't gonna be the one that blinks. Oh I'm sorry did I inconvenience you and your mewling crotch spawn because you had to slow down for someone using the center turn lane for it's loving god given intended purpose? Good, I hope you roll that loving monstrosity and it kills your entire brood. God knows the gene pool needs a little bleach in it around here.

That's what it is for, fuckwad.

QuarkMartial posted:

That's what I was taught to do in driver's ed. If you're in heavy traffic, you can make sure that the closest lanes are empty, the turn lane is empty, then pull into the turning lane, then merge into traffic from there.
Exactly. By law...everywhere this is the description of a turn lane.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Frankenstein posted:

Dash cam chat. I picked up a Zentronix zDrive-HDi a while ago. It was more expensive than I wanted to spend, but had all the features I wanted including start recording on power-up, auto-overwrite oldest video first, and timestamp. It claims it's HD, which technically it is (1280x720), but it's a wide angle lens so looks like a movie it does not. Also, it captures at 24fps and not the claimed 30. That said, the wide field of vision which is great; on a regular road the video includes a good portion of the left and right so you clearly see side roads as you approach them. I have it wired into a accessory switched circuit so when I start the vehicle up, it starts recording. When I shut the vehicle off, it records for about 10 additional seconds and then shuts off; it's perfect. I have it mounted on the passenger side of my rear-view mirror so it's quite unobtrusive to my field of vision and the wire runs along the rear-view mirror and up into the head liner area; very stealthy. Overall I'm pleased with it and I primarily purchased it because based on the daily driving I see on my commute, it's only a matter of time before someone blasts through a stop sign or red light and plows into me.

I want these features, but weatherproof so I could put one on each of my motorcycles, and one in the car. Seriously, I die just about every day due to the new influx of snowbirds into Phoenix (and also native Arizona drivers; I thought Idaho was bad but at least we can deal with inclement weather without sheer panic) and I think it would help greatly in my inevitable future court case.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

TATPants posted:

I am that guy. I will not drive into an intersection without being able to leave it legally. There are stop lines for a reason. Not only will I put myself at risk by driving into a busy intersection, I will put other drivers behind me in danger because they will not be able to see beyond my car. So honk at me all you want - I will not be an accessory to a potentially fatal T bone crash that kills my passenger.

I agree with this. When people pull forward on certain intersections, they make it so I can't see the oncoming traffic. If they were to just stay at the line, everyone can see the gaps in the oncoming traffic and, I believe, more people could make the left before the change. All pulling forward does is ensure that the first guy, and only the first guy, gets through on many lights.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

some texas redneck posted:

Just ordered one.

That's the knockoff with the pinhole camera, versus his which is the genuine one. Let us know how the video quality is STR.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Oct 13, 2013

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

quote:

he Good: Custom Geo Truck, water tight, turns heads, stays warm inside, great for hauling tools, or whatever and getting great gas mileage. lots of new parts, to many to list, nice kenwood stereo and kenwood speakers. bench seat makes it feel way roomier, very comfy and fun to drive, fully functional cobra CB with a loud PA system. radio shack radar detector. new tires, brakes good, new wipers, battery, oil changed every month on the 1st. I only run royal purple full synthetic oil and premium fram oil filters. dont want to sell but i am moving east and need 4 wheel drive. passed final emissions test recently. and got rid of the catalytic converter and put new exhaust on it and gained 2 mpg. new radiator and electric radiator fan.
The Bad: Small oil leak, clutch needs adjustment. needs new hood, drivers and passenger door, both doors work fine, just dont look to pretty, both lock, windows work, ect. also needs drivers fender. can replace these parts for you if you want to pay, also willing to paint and fix mechanical problems for extra cost. could use a new carpet kit and door panels but those are also easy fixes.
Asking: 1250 obo, or trade for small truck, 4wd MANUAL TRANS ONLY. or a 87 or newer bronco. can fix if something needs work and also willing to throw in cash on a deal.

If it needs new doors and a hood, it is not a 7/10 on exterior condition. Also, it is not and can never be 7/10 on anything because it is a Geo Metro with a hacked-on reclaimed-wood pickup bed on it. Also lol at "premium fram filters" and "I only run Royal Purple."

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Just a few days ago I was on my motorcycle, and some guy in a blue Mazda Protege (with spoiler for downforceeeee) merged between me and the PT Cruiser I was following in a school zone (temporary 15mph limit zone), and just barely clipped my front tire. I didn't go down, but it was a pants-making GBS threads moment and I, purely instinctually, had my left thumb clamped down on the horn button, along with my toes pointing down and both hands gripping both the brake and clutch lever (I think it's a learned response or something :???: ). Immediately after I recovered from the tire clip, while still holding the horn down, I tried to pass him in the center turn lane, but he swerved to block me and almost caused a second crash; I actually locked my front tire up for a second.

In the span of ten seconds, I had gone from peacefully cruising in a school zone, to nearly making GBS threads myself with my first actual vehicle-vehicle contact on a motorcycle, to experiencing the worst road-rage I have ever had. I didn't know exactly what to do at the moment, but all I knew is that I needed to get out of that situation, but I wasn't thinking clearly. I tried passing him again, and he blocked me again. I tried passing on the right in the bicycle lane, and I was almost forced up onto the sidewalk. I would back away to build up some speed (I'm on an Enfield, so my 14-17 horsepower needs some run-up room), and he would swerve to the left to block me again before I even started charging up. I finally made it through by backing away to build speed and having him swerve, but I passed on the right instead. Keep in mind, all of this happened in a few city blocks just past the school zone.

A block or so after I passed him and was speeding away (probably way too fast, but I was seriously flustered and crazed at this point), the road split into two lanes again, and he started running up in my lane and I barely avoided being rear-ended by swerving into the oncoming lane, and he sped away at about 70-80mph. I had just started cooling down, but this launched me back into super-rage-mode, so I swerved back and started chasing him. He drove down a few streets, and I saw him turn off onto a side street. I followed, and after six or so turns around residential blocks, I had caught up (because I could keep my sped up in corners or could speed up faster after a turn, I guess. The Enfield is slow as poo poo). On a longer straight residential street, he sped up a bit and pulled a quick u-turn in a townhouse parking lot, and parked the wrong way in my lane blocking the bicycle lane so I would be right at his driver's door.

Up until this point, I was riding and chasing on pure adrenaline and rage, but I very quickly had my second (figuratively) pants-making GBS threads moment of the day when I saw him do that, because I thought he was blocking me in to pull out a gun or something and shoot me. I was going too fast to pull to the left to escape, so I decided to book it and tried hopping up the sidewalk to pass. Unfortunately I buggered it, and accidentally killed my (kickstart-only) engine instead - right beside his car.

To my surprise he didn't look angry, or even scared, but just mildly perturbed and white-knuckled. I'm trying to hide my very real fear that I'm about to be shot or run over, so I keep my helmet (modular) chin-bar down. He starts talking first by, calmly, saying "I stopped because I knew I wasn't going to get away from you." At this point, I'm flabbergasted that he hasn't started screaming or pulled a gat, so I do the only thing I could think to do in the situation, and open my helmet up. I left my built-in sun visor down, but looking back I simply forgot to raise it - I wasn't trying to look intimidating or anything.

All I can sputter out is something along the lines of, "You cut me back off there in the school zone, and it was very scary and surprising. You saw what happened afterwards. Normally I call the police for things like this (I pointed to my bluetooth control button on the helmet at this point) but I was too busy chasing you." (I have a feeling this was actually spoken in much simpler English). After a few more exchanges of surprisingly calm words, we shake hands (with left hands because of position - I even said "Sorry for the left-hand shake, but 'here' <I put my hand out>"), he says "Nice bike," and I blurt out "Your car is pretty loud." :facepalm: After I wave the few cars that have backed up behind me (in front of him, facing the wrong way in the lane), we shake hands again and he drives off. I made sure to drive off in the opposite direction he did, even though it was away from my house.

The moment I got home, I took off my riding gear and grabbed my tools to start disassembling my motorcycle for painting. It's needed a paintjob for quite awhile, and I realized that I probably shouldn't be riding for awhile due to what just happened. I experienced some of, if not the, worst road rage I have ever had in over a decade, and I've had some pretty bad experiences. One of mine in the past ended up with me pulling into a parking lot and calling 911 because I thought I was dying (turned out to be the first, and only, panic attack I have ever had), and another ended up with me buying new front suspension and bumper pillars for my Olds 88. This one, though, could have ended badly in so many various ways along every step of the incident that I am still mulling over it a few days later. I still get irrationally angry when I think of how he both clipped my front tire pulling into a space that wasn't big enough for his car (just took off from a stop to let kids cross and he came flying into the lane from a side street without stopping), and how he tried blocking me off so many times to the side when I just wanted to escape and forget him forever. I even still remember his license plate number clearly.

That rage combined with the totally bizzaro-world end to the conflict that completely lacked any violence or even shouting has left a still-very-strong dissonance. The only thing I can think of now is how I didn't die in any of the turns that I've never before taken at that speed, or how I'm not in jail with a felony on my record for riding <very fast> in a slow zone, or how I'm not dead from any number of other factors.

The moral of the story is, I'm one of the people you share a road with.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 23, 2013

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The smugness of that sign makes me think

has finally become appropriate.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
For almost two years this video had the audio stripped due to that.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

SFH1989 posted:

Not only is it unsafe but accelerating up onramps if fun then some rear end in a top hat in front makes me brake after I've gotten up to the speed of traffic.
It's the only time I legally get to "open up all the taps," and I'm pissed when an rear end in a top hat interrupts me.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Black88GTA posted:

After a close call last week, I'm looking into getting a dash cam myself. I rounded a blind corner on my way to work (on a narrow, windy road barely wide enough for bi-directional traffic) and some stupid gently caress in a CR-V came flying around it in the oncoming traffic lane, because he was taking the corner faster than his piece of poo poo would allow. All I had time to do was stand on the brakes, lean on the horn, and hope he either stopped or got out of my way. He (barely) did the latter, while giving me a "my bad, bro" handwave. gently caress you rear end in a top hat, you almost ramped off my hood. :mad:

As long as I'm picking one up, I want to get one that'll shoot simultaneously through two lenses so I can get everything in front and behind me. HD through both lenses would be awesome, but I'll take what I can get as long as the video is clear enough to see a reasonable amount of detail, and in a standard video format. Also, I wanna keep it $100 or less, and easy portability between cars would be a major plus (so no permanent installations). A secondary remote mount lens would be a bit of a pain in the rear end, but I'd deal with it if I had to.

There's a whole bunch on Ebay that seem to at least come close, but dashcamtalk doesn't seem to know much about these. Either that, or I'm not seeing it. Don't suppose anyone has any first-hand experience with any of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331013368582
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321089910370 <Kind of leaning towards this one atm, but I have to do more research.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360765035510
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400541072358

I will follow this closely, as I want one for both my Subaru and one for my motorcycle, and dual-lens seems pretty good for catching sideswipers or something on the bike. For the car I think I'm going to boost for the one STR has.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The ironic thing is that I've driven a Bradley, and you have way better vision out of one of them than most "tank commander commuters" do.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
659-SVJ is the license plate of the fucker that tried (honestly tried) to kill me while I was on my motorcycle a few weeks ago. Never forget

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Ephphatha posted:

Motorcycle low beams are wired to the ignition, you have to actually disable the lights (wire in a switch etc) to be able to run a bike with no lights on. So he's an rear end in a top hat.

Only on newer motorcycles. It varies across years and across brands. For instance, my Honda CB650 has a headlight switch that was disabled with a jumper in-between the handlebar switch connector, and if you removed the jumper you gained full functionality of the switch. My 2009 Enfield has a functioning switch, but as discussed before an Enfield isn't anything to go by legally or mechanically in any example, so it can be disregarded.

Some states started requiring it in 1979, but federally there is no law requiring it. I think that only 30 states require it (can't find an exact number right now). There was also that period in the US when everyone thought DRL were the poo poo so even the motorcycle manufacturers that made switch-equipped models for the states that allowed it stopped for awhile.

The guy is still an rear end in a top hat, though.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

rcman50166 posted:

I speed up when someone tries to pass me on the right. Because, like, if I'm in the right passing lane and someone passes me on the left, I'm not going fast enough, clearly. I just happen to stay next to the guy until he runs into the slower traffic in the travel lane. :getin:

Also, a lot of the fastest drivers I see on the road drive Priuses, strangely enough.

Is GBS leaking again?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

West SAAB Story posted:

What part of a pig looks like that? :stonklol:

Every part.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CharlesM posted:

I want a rearward facing one too but I would need to figure out how to get power back there without making too much of a mess.

License plate light circuit.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Sorry for the potato-quality picture, but this was what I saw while working at Home Depot today. Yes, that's 30 PVC pipes taped together with packing tape. Yes, they're almost dragging the road. Yes, the only thing holding them down is one budget ratchet strap in the front.

The worst part about all of it? He said he was driving to Glendale with that contraption. He's going to hit a bump, the pipes are going to fly upwards, then swing sideways in a turn and take out a pedestrian or oncoming traffic. I told him that he should fix it before he leaves because it is unsafe, but all he did was yell at me that he only had one ratchet strap and he was going anyway.

This was about 30 minutes ago, so PhoenixGoons, stay off of 51 northbound for awhile.

(they're not taped down to the bed in the back, just wrapped)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

dissss posted:

I'll bet there is a story behind why you can't

Because changing the law would put the gas-pumpers out of work. Initially it was about "safety," but now every time it comes up in Oregon or New Jersey, the n-number of jobs it would kill always become the sticking point. It's like a weird skeuomorph but with jobs or something.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

StormDrain posted:

I've found the only way I can truly relax while being tailgated is to 'turn off' my mirror by pointing it toward the sky. I try to do so in such a manner that it's obvious I don't want to look at the person behind me. When I need to change lanes later I'll aim it and hopefully the troubles have passed, or crane my head around to check blind spots.

These seriously have to be top-rate GBS trolls, right?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CharlesM posted:

I set my cruise control at the speed limit too. When I go to pass people they then speed up and stay right alongside me or in my blindspot. :doh:

Also that guy on the scooter was drunk maybe? That must be a decent size well, did you see the delayed splash?

The splash was immediate (you can see it) but it gets darker as it soaks into the concrete.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Happened this morning on my Enfield. I was puttering along at 40 in a 40 during the sparse 5am traffic, and a brobiker in all black leathers and a mirrored facemask was weaving unnecessarily behind and around cars behind me. He catches up to me at a red light, and I'm blipping my throttle a little to keep the motorcycle from dying in the cold. He must have thought I was trying to race, because he took off and hit probably 70-9p mph within the block.

I didn't see him for long (he disappeared quickly) but I did see some blues-and-twos in the distance about where he would have been at the time. I like to think it was cops catching him :unsmith:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Armacham posted:

I get so irrationally angry every time I see a car with blacked out tail lights.

It's not irrational to be angry at them, though.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Galler posted:

Maybe all the bulbs are burned out including whatever bulbs might signal that the bulbs are burned out :v:. Still, you would have to be pretty loving oblivious to not notice that you're unable to see where the hell you're going.

I know this was a sarcastic post, but half the bulbs in a Prius 2006+ are LED.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I had to drive around the city for 30 minutes properly (lane changes, stop lights, etc), then parallel park at a shopping center in one of those sideways handicapped van spaces, then drive to the DMV to hand them the SEALED ENVELOPE with my SUPER SECRET TEST SCORES in it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I punched a car's hood once that almost ran me over in a crosswalk, and the woman driving it started yelling at me about touching her car. Bitch, your car touched the side of my knees first.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

leica posted:

Why do you need to signal when you're in a left turn lane waiting for a green arrow? There's no point, really.

Are you trolling? Incoming traffic knees you're turning, pedestrians know you're turning, traffic coming up behind you knows it's a turning lane well ahead of time, and a blinking light generally makes you more noticeable in any situation

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The long and short of it, though, that if you're not using your turn signal then you're a dumbass. Yes, even at an arrow.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

xzzy posted:

That's why flat black paint is popular, no reflections means they can't bounce a laser off you right? :downs:

This is actually what rednecks believe.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yep, this. My speeding ticket was laser and they even print out the distance they busted you at on it.

680 feet. I will remember that forever (loving 72 in a 70 goddamned motherfuckers gently caress bitch poo poo gently caress)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Backing out allows a tighter turning circle and requires less linear motion for a greater angle change, similar to why a forklift has the turning wheels on the back. Combine this with a bed that can extend feet past the rear axle and pulling out forward in a cramped lot can result in a bad time.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

cursedshitbox posted:

I have a form colorblindness that when people use blue/purple hued lights it just rapes my eyes. I almost ran over a lovely civic the other night because of his blue tinted HIDZZZZ.

I generally wear yellowed glasses for night driving, or 3000k headlights (which I've been ticketed for in the south).
I like you, I really do, but you're only hurting yourself and endangering others by wearing yellow glasses at night. Light flash recovery times (the time it takes the retina and the brain to recover from a bright flash and restore night vision) are more than quadrupled with yellow lenses. Pupil recovery times are, in some instances, more than octupled.

Driving with yellow lenses will certainly make you feel better at night, because your pupil stays small and therefore bright headlights seem more tolerable, but you can't actually see nearly as much on the actual road.

The recovery times and vision inhibiting effect of the yellow lenses is the same and is not affected by any types of color blindness. The problems they cause are so prevalent that wearing them at night has been banned while driving in many places (like sunglasses), including the town that I work in as a refracting optician.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 12, 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Satellit3 posted:

Runners are often taught that the road is much softer and more forgiving on one's joints when compared to a concrete sidewalk. That said, you have to draw the line somewhere...

And they're totally wrong. Hate to quote a comment from another site, but this is a nice sum up:

quote:

Elastic modulus is for this kind of construction material is measured in gigapascals (GPa), which is an enormous amount of pressure. 1 GPa = 145,037.738 pounds per square inch.
Asphalt: 3-12 GPa
Concrete: 30-50 GPa
So, using an average of those values converted to PSI, you're looking at 1,160,302 psi to deform asphalt vs 5,801,510 psi to deform concrete. Bearing in mind that the average human foot has an area of about 25 square inches, this just gets kind of crazy.
Long story short, the difference between running on asphalt and concrete is easily wiped out by the compression of your shoes.
Also of note, cracks in concrete actually reduce the elastic modulus closer to that of asphalt, so poorly maintained sidewalks would (by the 'softness' measure) be more beneficial to run on.
if the person stepped with 300 pounds of force each time they brought a foot down. Even less if E were higher (same order of mag. though). 5.0x10-5 inches is ~1/20,000th of an inch.
If the sole of the runner's shoe deforms ~1/8th of an inch on impact, that's 2,500 times as great a distance as the concrete/asphalt would deform. This makes the compression/"springiness" of the concrete vs. asphalt completely negligible compared to the deformation of the runner's own shoes and feet (both of which are designed to absorb the impact on the ground like a "spring," so to speak). If you're running on clay or rubber on a track then it's a different story (somewhat--still rather low deformation distance, but much more elasticity).
I honestly bet that the runner would feel no difference if running over a literally incompressible surface vs. concrete vs. asphalt.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 25, 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I used to drive from Lewiston, ID to Boise about three to four times every winter with a 1988 Oldsmobile Delta 88. FWD, no TC, no ABS, no SBC car. Often the two-lane highway would be either six inches deep in snow, or an icy sheet. It's amazing what you can do with a careful throttle pedal, FWD, a heavy engine (3800, the best V6) and patience.

I was bad, however, with preparing anything except for the base driving. Ask me about how I kept refilling the windshield washer fluid with plain water and having it freeze multiple times mid-trip!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

xzzy posted:

Could have gotten you a chat with a cop if you were caught, law mandates putting chains on your drive wheels for the two passes between Missoula and Spokane if the warning signs are lit up.

More than once have I left unprepared (first time I forgot cables, second time I lost the retaining clips for the cables and didn't have any wire on me) and had to stop halfway over Snoqualmie and wait for a plow to head through (used to go from Moscow to Seattle quite a bunch). After those first few times I was sure to test everything beforehand.

There are other times, though, when I know I can make it if I'm not an idiot careful and plan accordingly. Sometimes, though, the roads are just hosed and you can't go any further, even with chains or cables.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Molten Llama posted:

Arizona doesn't want to be left out! On several state highways they didn't bother properly removing the old lane lines when they restriped.

When it rains or the light's at the right angle, two sets of markings suddenly pop into existence and all hell breaks loose.

ratbert90 posted:

Do they put gravel on 90% of the roads once every few years to spray a tiny thin coat of tar over them so that way people can destroy their paint and tires for a few weeks while they kick up rocks/tar whenever they drive? :allears:

After growing up in Idaho then moving to Arizona, both of these are true.

What's with Arizona grinding away old lane paint? It leaves huge gouges in the road in the exact shape of the old lanes, which are convenient if you're new to the area and it's raining (so they're the only thing you can see). Maybe they're trying to guide newbies into opposing lanes to kill them off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Snowdens Secret posted:

I left foot post sometimes and its okay. I don't read them so I don't see the big deal.

But everyone behind you sees them and they think something's wrong so they veer around and post somewhere else.