Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Is this the thread where I can get angry and bitch about people who feel the need to come to a complete stop or slow down to 2mph to take a turn? Dear shitheads, your car can handle driving on curved expressways at over 80mph. You don't need to slow down to a crawl just to stay right at a road split. All you're doing is encouraging people to swerve around you.

People who are scared of driving should just take the bus.

I also hate people who stop at the end of merging on-ramps because they have anything less than a loving major airport runway's length of open road. Press on the gas, motherfuckers.

barnold fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Are you supposed to use your blinker in a dedicated turn lane? It's been so long since drivers Ed and I've pondered the question for a while, but not hard enough to Google it and read through the handbook to figure it out. Depending on the area, sometimes I use the blinker if I'm the first car up just so opposing traffic knows which way I'm headed and that I'm not going to do the dipshit thing where people get into the left turn only lane and then just go straight through the intersection.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

PT6A posted:

Do you mean a lane that actually separates from the rest of the road in question and then ends with a yield or a dedicated lane after a right turn? In that case, I do not use a signal if I'm already in the proper lane, given that continuing straight would be a physical impossibility -- it's essentially a must-exit, except from a road instead of a highway. If it's a dedicated turn lane that's beside all the other lanes, but has a sign indicating that you must turn either left or right, then I signal both to confirm to people that I'm aware I must turn, and to show other directions of traffic who may not know it's a dedicated turning lane which direction I'm going.

No, I'm not talking about a jughandle kind of turn, I'm just talking about your regular two/three lane intersection where the left lane is left turn only. I got the answer to my question, though!