Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Had a good one yesterday.

There's two turn left turn lanes. I'm in the left lane with one car in front of me, and there's nobody in the right lane. The light turns green, we both start to move forward. Immediately, they start to drift to the outside of the turn, and by the time we're past the turn and onto the road, they're half in each of the two lanes doing 15 under the speed limit. I give 'em a little beep on the horn, thinking they were looking at their phone or something stupid. Just trying to get them to look up and realize they were being dumb. Doesnt work. I give them a solid 1-2 second honk. Nothing. I lay on the horn, and after about 5 seconds, they finally get over, still doing 15 under. As I passed them, the woman literally leaned out of her window to yell at me.

What the gently caress man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

The Locator posted:

A section of I-10 west of Phoenix used to be 75mph. It was your typical 2-lane interstate, reasonably maintained, but nothing special. Then they completed a big re-work and the same stretch is now 3 to 5 lanes plus a carpool lane, and beautifully smooth with rubberized asphalt. The speed limit is now 65mph. :iiam:

Arizona is full of old people. Old people hate speed. Old people vote. :ms:

Signed,
A Floridian

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

box truck in left lane
20 under traffic flow
rot in hell, dipshit

It was on a 3 lane, 2.65 mile (just looked it up) bridge over Tampa Bay (the bayside, if any locals are curious). People regularly do 80+, and traffic usually flows ~70ish since theres no way for cops to sneak up on you while you're on this bridge. This chucklefuck was doing 50 in the left lane, and steadfastly refused to move even as literally 5 cars passed his dumb rear end.:mad:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

grumplestiltzkin posted:

(the bayside, if any locals are curious)

these are the people you share the forums with:haw:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

wrt to "idiots trying to force-merge their way into traffic by counting on others to avoid crashes" chat, the one thing I completely loved about my old beater craiglist car was that I never had to back down to idiots trying to shove their way in. Having a bumper held on with duct tape, paint peeling off, and more dings than you could count really gets the message of "loving hit me, idgaf" across in a way that yelling or profanity never does. I'd just keep going the exact same speed regardless how likely they were to hit me, and 100% of the time the rear end in a top hat would slam their brakes. Calling their bluff is seriously stupid (its me, I'm the idiot you share a road with) but goddamn is it loving satisfying.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

sleepy.eyes posted:

Had some old fart lay on the horn for a couple minutes straight when I decided moving into the middle of an intersection for a left turn was a bad idea when oncoming traffic was solid as far as I could see. There was finally a break and he flipped out when I decided to not run down a group of cyclists, only for me to go about a minute later.

I gave him the stink eye and flipped him off and he avoided me like the plague the rest of the drive. He went well below the speed limit and stopped 2 car lengths back from the next guy so he wouldn't pull up next to me. It must be my beard, it seems to frighten the elderly.

Yelling at anonymous metal boxes is super easy. Pulling up next to them and facing the actual human they've been acting like a oval office towards is hard.

People suck.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

A friend of mine had his bike stolen, then found a few days later sans ignition. Gets it road ready again, and two weeks later, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6rdQW9h65Q

He's ok, but (as evidenced by the lil helmet throw at the end) is clearly pretty pissed. Apparently the other drive was found at fault and his insurance is taking care of it though, so :toot:

And yes, I specifically asked and he said it was ok to post here. No goons were doxxed in the making of this post.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

um excuse me posted:

Jesus. Just because you dont believe someone else's beliefs doesn't mean you shouldn't respect them. It's like rule one of not being a shithead to other people. It goes both ways in this context.

"Respect my beliefs which require me to actively distespect you"

Lol k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

It takes an impressive degree of obliviousness to not notice that the road in front of you isn't illuminated.