Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

xzzy posted:

Oops and here I thought we were talking about the Chicago Skyway.

Which is also a bridge (and an elevated highway) and a bad place to break down, just not quite as impressive a bridge.

Oh, the bridge is impressive...if you appreciate rolling onto some rickety poo poo that's held together with a few cans of Rustoleum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

If the alternative is stopping on the on ramp then I agree with her.

Yeah, this gets into a rough one.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

yamdankee posted:

On any on-ramp, depending on the angle of approach, I will turn in my seat sometimes (briefly) up to a 135 degree angle

Yep, scanning the opposition. Spotting the gaps. Waiting to dance in the 'game' of motorways.

But yeah, any cloverleaf type thing I kind of enjoy going in behind a Class 8. Makes life a little easier.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I just assume that people that walk their dog without a leash figured it was created by Tesla.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

jfc. Can't make out the state.

I do like the price tag is still attached.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Reminds me, I don't think I've seen a Civic with the tires offset 2 feet from the car in quite some time. Guess all those wheel bearings went up to visit the pearly gates.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

drat.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Curious how they did the endo.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

So then what is your stance?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

We went from 0% roundabouts to let us toss in 3 in a row in a matter of months. Then lets say gently caress it, add the double diamond exchange along with a Michigan left during that time frame.

Traffic engineer must have been an app developer or something.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

waffle iron posted:

These are the unmaintained armored truck death machines you share the road with

https://projects.tampabay.com/projects/2020/investigations/garda-world/armored-trucks/

Thanks, that was a good read. Liked the crate for a seat and the locks that don't work. You would think that would be important when transporting money.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

FBS posted:

stolen from reddit

that's a toll sensor sticker

Sorry to sound like an idiot, can you explain this to me?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

PSA: Folks, don't get a OWI/DUI. What an unfotunate adventure this has been. No wasn't me, another family member. No one was hurt thank god. The stress of not knowing the end result and thinking you failed as a parent.

Anyways, what an environment to be in. Amazing (well not really) how much is wrong on the internets trying to find answers on what really happens now that we basically know the end result. Quite an industry.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Protocol7 posted:

I don't know what your point is. Most people driving today would probably fail a driving test - hell, I probably would too. You should always drive as if the guy next to you is trying to kill you, because he probably is, he just doesn't know it yet.

I mean it's a dumb solution to a bad problem, don't get me wrong, but I don't think anyone in Georgia will see a spike in substantially worse driving.

Heh, same way. When I taught my kid I basically said, "look, not everything I teach you is by the book...it is to keep you alive from everyone else."

Sure enough goes to take the drivers test. I knew we were hosed from the get-go. It was literally Beulah Balbricker from Porky's doppelganger dressed in a white parka that would make the Michelin man jealous. Fails test. Fails second test. Now failing the third required quite a substantial waiting period, but hey, he passed. Just a power trip from the BMV.

Several years later time to renew my license. After the previous incident I started going to a different branch. I'll be god danged she was working there, and out of the 50 people waiting and around 12 agents I get stuck with her. She had a major problem with my SS card that had a rip and I used tape on it. Supervisor basically told her to go gently caress herself and I felt a slight amount of vindication.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Blame the companies. They set the governors for fuel efficiency. So yeah, a 66 taking over a 65 will be quite fun.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

There are the real truck drivers.

And there are the steering wheel holders.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

God that pisses me off.

I deal with it about every day.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Well drat, Hope Tesla picks up on this to customize FSD.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Ah the Peter Griffith approach to hauling a couch out of the Death Star.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

PenisMonkey posted:

I’m still going with staged.

Like the stock price.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

That is some crazy poo poo. What the hell was the driver thinking?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Bum the Sad posted:

Dear god this lunatic jumped on my hood at speed and is trying to kill me?

True, guess a heat in the moment thing. They may not teach that in CDL class.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Were there unicorns and rainbows in your dream as well?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Enos Cabell posted:

Bro had some bruises and a couple scrapes but a clean bill of health otherwise. His little Fiesta was totalled, and they picked up a new 2020 Kia Forte in a nice shade of blue this past weekend.

Frustratingly, the other driver isn't going to be charged with anything or be in any real trouble. There were no witnesses or dashcam footage of the incident, and apparently the damage to the two vehicles wasn't enough to prove who hit who. He still got carted off in handcuffs due to an outstanding warrant at least.

Christ.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah, on the interstate a tire let loose and was flying towards me from the opposite lanes. Something up above must have been looking out for me because it basically hopped over the hood. A change your shorts moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

It's a Tesla. You answered your own question.