Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Customer states vehicle pulls to the right after alignment. Recheck alignment for 0.0 FRH

Verified customer complaint: vehicle has 2 used tires in wrong size on passenger side. Tires were put on after alignment. Recommend 2 new tires + rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Almost forgot - replaced a bad brake booster on one of the newer Mazda CX-?s and the customer didn't even leave the parking lot before they came back in to complain about a soft pedal. WTF.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

I'm not a mechanic, so grain of salt and all that, but this "idiots with cars" thing goes both ways. There are plenty of guys working in shops that have no business touching vehicles. Stripped oil drain threads, hosed up wheel studs, etc. This is easy poo poo that routinely gets screwed up at shops.

The other thing I would disagree with is the "if you have a car, you should definitely at least do (or know about) X, Y and Z". Do you guys all routinely get dental cleanings every six months? Do you floss every day? Do you get 30 minutes of exercise each day? Do you contribute to your 401k? The point is, car maintenance for a lot of people is just white noise - and very likely there is something important in your life you tune out much the same way. (We all do this - I'm not perfect)

None of that is to take away from the extreme cases where people are trying to get stuff fixed for free by the shop. Those people are shitheads and deserve the angst.

Cars are one of the biggest financial investments people will make in their lifetime so knowing a little about them couldn't hurt.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

trouser chili posted:

I disagree with the notion that a car is an investment. Given that they rarely appreciate, it makes much more sense to think of them as an expense. However a car is usually the second largest expense in a person's monthly budget, so it does make a lot of sense to have some understanding of them, lest the expense of ownership rocket away on you.

I chose my words wrong but you got what I was saying. Not investment in the "will make money in the long term" sense, investment in the "this poo poo ain't cheap" sense.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Giblet Plus! posted:

I get that the bikers are stupid for confronting the driver, but there wouldn't have been an accident in the first place if he wasn't following with less than a car length's distance. The dude on the white bike brake checked him and he didn't brake back.

The SUV driver was clearly impatient because his "right" to have the road all to himself was being impaired by the mass of bikers.

It looked bikes were cutting him off and slowing down in the beginning of the video. His following distance would have been constantly decreased by the riders ahead of him unless he came to a dead stop in the middle of the road. The actions of both sides seem stupid in this case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Giblet Plus! posted:

seems like a pretty clear way to communicate "give us a little more space"
I agree and applaud the biker and his actions. When driving I often get in front of large trucks and jab at the brakes to tell them "Hey this is my lane now so don't crowd me."