Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
I could have gotten Angry Jeep Guy out of that rut in one go. Idiot was just tromping on the gas and yanking the wheel to the left when he could have cruised right back onto the blacktop. I used to drive Mk2 Jettas with bald summer tires in Maine winters, no problem. And when I bought a '01 Cherokee Sport with proper tires, nothing stopped me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Personperson14 posted:

I want to know the context but at the same time it would ruin the magic.

Given how many times it's shown up in multiple threads here, my Facebook feed, Twitter, and half a dozen "news" sites, there's no magic involved. It's a viral marketing ploy and I'm sick of seeing it. </curmudgeon>

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Beach Bum posted:

This reminds me, I need to visit my ex and fix her headlights. She's been riding around with fried headlight harnesses for the past year, and only the highbeams work. I also need to bleed her brakes, since the shop that did the brake job hosed that up too.

I'm not following your logic here. Your ex? I'm not bitter or anything, but "ex" usually means "went your separate ways".

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Something similar just opened up near Miami. The new I-595 Express is a separate, reversable stretch of highway in between the East and West travel lanes. It's open for eastbound travel in the mornings and westbound travel in the evenings. It also has a variable toll, though I've never seen the toll set at anything except $0.50. At each end (I-75 in the west and the Florida Turnpike in the east) the on-/off-ramps are closed by several sets of swinging arms.

When it first opened, people were very confused, since the Express lanes have signage pointing both ways. They've made a few changes (adding "gently caress-off orange" flags to the swinging arms and removing some extra signage for the toll price). Now, it works great, provided you commute at the same times the Express lanes operate. I, for one, love it; for 50 cents I can bypass the normally horrendous I-595 traffic, and the dedicated ramps means skipping the normal interchanges (which were designed by the Devil Himself).

anonumos fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Dec 22, 2014