Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pimpedlightsaber
Dec 3, 2005

Snowdens Secret posted:

Apparently the cool thing around here to do when the sidewalks are iced up is to walk in the street. On the right side. In your dark loving coat at night. Nearly hitting the first dude doing that keyed me in to look for the other five fuckers doing the same thing down the road.

These are the people you share a road with, on foot, in the drat freezing rain and dark

Or they bike on the sidewalk because they're shoveled and the streets are slushy. Some kid wearing all dark clothes with no lights on his bike almost rode into the side of my car this morning as I was trying to leave the gas station. I went to pull into traffic and he was going so fast he fell off his bike trying to stop before he hit me. Who the hell rides their bike balls to the wall at 6:00 AM on a slippery sidewalk with nothing to make them visible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pimpedlightsaber
Dec 3, 2005

dissss posted:

The one on my car leaves the lights off for far longer than I think is prudent - it has to be really quite dark before they kick in which isn't great on grey sedan.

Also there are plenty of other reduced visibility situations where you should have the lights on but there is still quite a lot of ambient light.

That's my biggest issue with automatic lights, when it's raining/foggy and people just cruise along with DRL's (or nothing) on. If a car has automatic lights they should also turn on with the wipers, since apparently no one remembers how to turn them on manually. It's dark and rainy right now, so it should be a fun drive home seeing silver/white cars all over the place with no lights on.