Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

rcman50166 posted:

I speed up when someone tries to pass me on the right. Because, like, if I'm in the right passing lane and someone passes me on the left, I'm not going fast enough, clearly. I just happen to stay next to the guy until he runs into the slower traffic in the travel lane. :getin:

That makes you an rear end in a top hat. The person is trying to get past you because you are going slower than him. I miss my Cadillac STS for people just like you. It caught everyone by surprise when you went to pass someone. It had a brutal pull from 50-70

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

Kill-9 posted:

I love it when I'm walking through parking lots and someone decides that they can't wait for me and the family to finish crossing the crosswalk and cuts us off.

Here in FL, it's quite illegal and cops will stake out places just to bust people doing this.

My favorite was when I took my nearly deaf and half-blind dad to a convention in Miami. We were walking across the giant pedestrian crossing area right in front of the convention center when a car gets the jump to cross before us while we're standing in the middle of the road. I had to physically grab dad before he got hit by the car. I stared the driver down the whole time. The car behind us patiently waited, waved us across, then peeled out as he simultaneously hit the blue lights and set the siren on the irritating GETOUTTAMYWAY speed and pulled the guy over. Yay for unmarked cars! I'm fairly certain the dude did NOT talk his way out of that one.

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

The Midniter posted:

The light turns green for the third time, and the SUV in the lane next to me decides "gently caress this" and just guns it straight through.

I agree it was a lovely thing to do, but the crossing guard should have had the common courtesy to halt the kids and let traffic pass after the second light. Cars get one round of lights, kids get two.

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

I was just behind a guy in a red Fiesta with Florida plates. While merging, he opened his door, stuck his head out, and looked backwards behind the car. :stare: It was a pretty new car and he had side mirrors.

As I read that, I actually made the :stare: face. People never cease to amaze me in their stupidity.

Disclaimer: I am from Florida and it wasn't me.