Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

StormDrain posted:

When you get to the light, go through it without stopping, or follow convention and stop?

I figured if everyone just drove through, like what I was taught to do, gaps would open up for the people on the minor road, but with this setup it was never gonna happen.

State law here says you proceed with caution through the intersection. I have seen cops write people tickets for stopping at flashing yellow lights. I wish they would do that more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.

LloydDobler posted:

The one that's getting me lately is the split drive through lines. Has that been covered in here yet? I can't tell if it's the fault of the restaurants for doing this or if it's people being assholes and not caring about common courtesy.

Basically there are clear lines painted on the parking lot, for a single line of cars, and as you approach the window, the lines split the traffic into two lanes for the two ordering screens. But for whatever reason, tons of loving stupid assholes that never learned in kindergarten that you don't take cuts, see this as an invitation to jump the line and merge in where the lane splits. I mean, even if there were no lines on the parking lot clearly delineating the drive through lane, where do you get the brass to see an entire line of people waiting to order, and then just drive past them all and start a second line in front of them?

I almost got out of my car and lost my poo poo at a dude on Sunday morning trying to get an Egg McMuffin. Just like this pic only imagine more cars lined up. This is the actual McD's in question, and it was a sunny day, the lines are big, bright, and easy to see.

We solved that problem here by painting two sets of lanes in the parking lots. It also helps guide people to the outside lane instead of having everyone queued up just for the inside lane.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.

West SAAB Story posted:

Is this how they mold tracks for Caterpillars?

Delicious frozen pork waiting to be covered in sweet, sweet bbq sauce and stain your shirt.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.

West SAAB Story posted:

What part of a pig looks like that? :stonklol:

Whatever parts can't be made into something pretty.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.

Beach Bum posted:

Some of those are not constant on.

Edit: wrong thread.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.

Ringo Star Get posted:

These are people you share the Tail of the Dragon with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoBg9vmKbz0

That looks more like Mulholland drive in CA. Note:I haven't been to either place.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.
Don't be that guy. Someone turned left in front of my dad tonight and he hit them on his motorcycle. They couldn't see his Goldwing or neon yellow riding jacket or pulsing headlights.

I hate people. This is the second person who has turned left in front of him since I graduated high school. I honestly hope he quits riding this time. I'm a loving mess and need sleep now.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Is he okay? I've seen way too many horror stories from people turning in front of motorcycles or opening car doors blindly. I remember one guy from medical school who dislocated one knee, shattered the other femur ... and we found loving lung cancer on his chest CT.

He woke up this morning. He has a fractured tibia right below his knee, a couple of fractured ribs and a little road rash on his right knee, shin and top of his foot. I'm very thankful he is doing well so far.

He started to wake up this morning and let the nurse know he was hurting a bit. They had him moving his fingers and toes so I'm hoping he is going to be OK soon.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.
http://www.wbrz.com/news/200-accidents-2-weather-related-deaths-in-la-/

People have been sitting in traffic for hours today.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.

Devyl posted:

People there rarely see temps below 30. When the roads ice over & it sprinkles a tiny bit of snow, people freak the gently caress out and it's like hell trying to get anywhere.

Tell me about it. Today was a pretty long day. Freaking cold, rainy and lots of ice here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.

other internet forums posted:

Make/model wheelbase turning radius
99 Jeep Cherokee 101" 17.9'
09 Ford Escape 103" 18.3'
00 Chevy Suburba 130" 21.7'
05 Chevy Cavalier 104" 17.8'
10 Ford Edge 110" 18.8'
01 Hummer 130" 26.5'
97 Geo Metro 93" 15.7'
05 GMC Envoy 113" 18.2'
05 Jeep Liberty 104" 17.9'
08 Toyota FJ 106" 20.9'
05 Toyota 4runner 110" 18.7'

I love that I can almost pull a u-turn on a two lane residential street. If I drive down to a stop sign at a cross street, I can almost always u-turn there without a problem. The tight turning radius is probably what I love most about my XJ. My DSM needs a 4 lane highway to u-turn.