Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Played for the first time today, and had an absolute blast. Giant TVs and bulldozer things shooting at each other... What could be better? Got up to level 3 in my 6 matches, and I have no idea what I'm doing, but my team won 5 of them and I led in assists in every game. Very impressed with this so far, and I can see myself sinking a heap of time into this game. In-game I am veddermatic so if I could get on the goon list, I would appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
So I played for my 2nd night, and left the apparently safe world of TVs and Bulldozers where I was pretty good to a "what the hell is *that* oh poo poo I'm dead" world that was scary and where I was not very good. Still, even getting stomped on in all my games the other day, this game rocks!!

Is the level curve on equipment such that a level 9 guy has mech / weapons that pretty much guarantee he's going to win against a level 3 guy? Obviously those who have been playing longer than me know the maps, know how to handle their mech better, are more comfortable with dodging and so on, so they will generally have an edge on me even with the exact same equipment, but I was just curious if this was more of a rock, paper, scissors situation where different stuff just behaves "different" versus higher level stuff == better than. The main reason I ask is that all the goons I added that were online when I played last were all levels 9 - 13, and I didn't know if there was any point to me joining "upper level" games.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Luigi Thirty posted:

Does the Rocketeer suck? I unlocked it but I hate the primary weapon (the firing rate is so low it never feels like I'm hitting anything) and I can't figure out how to make the secondary rockets lock onto things. I like the starter mech better.

I figured this out the other night much to my amazement... if you are in "normal" mode, hit middle mouse, and you'll scan for targets to lock onto. You'll hear a noise / see your sights change when you do. I think after a moment of scanning it will stop if it doesn't find anyone. When you are in "turret mode" (you get into that by hitting 'F') it will auto-lock onto anyone you see.

I didn't like that one at first, but once you get used to it a little, and learn to hang back with it, it wasn't awful.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Pr0phecy posted:

Is there a competitive scene in this game because I've been absolutely poo poo stomping the lower levels.

I was too, then I left the kiddie pool and the tides were turned!

Been busy as hell all week, but I have some free time this weekend and looking forward to playing the bejeepers out of this. What game modes do folks generally play? I've only played TDM and Siege, as I just unlocked the other modes, and siege was the only non DM / TDM one I could get into. I have no interest in straight DM, as I like a bit of strategy in my pew pew pew, but will attempting to play mostyl non-TDM leave me looking for open games most of the time?

• Locked thread