Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

A jargogle posted:

He was also the dumbest dumbshit protagonist
good thing we are not playing Tales of Graces then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
And now they are locked out of getting backstep on Yuri for a good long time aren't they? It sure would have come in handy for that last boss :allears:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I think the latest game has the characters say a quip when they run out of TP, but nothing after that.

now I imagine trying to use an attack and have them say "It's no good, I CAN'T DO IT" like solid snake when you try to shoot a missile at metal gear when it has Grey Fox pinned to the wall

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Geop posted:

TELL 'EM MURPHY SENT'CHA

Resistances = HOOKZ

He looks like he could have a recolor where his hooks are replaced with maracas :3:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
My favorite part was where I thought you were going to see the next cutscene, but instead you spend 5 minutes messing around when you can't actually do anything else without the rest of the party :allears: I know I am echoing things from earlier in the thread, but this is gonna be a great playthrough.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Isn't there a menu for equipping skills after you learned them from the weapons, and that you have to balance a finite supply of "skill points" to keep skills equipped? Could'a sworn there was one of those, and if so I don't think we have seen it in this adventure yet.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Brunom1 posted:

By the by, if I remember correctly, you skipped a step in that "Judith's spear" sidequest which was to check that room with the weapons Ghasfarost AGAIN (which connects to Rita's Blastia names and Judith's terrorism sidequests).

How the hell you're supposed to know this without a guide? No idea but if you don't do it before it gets locked out, you lose out on the sole reward of this game-long sidequest (even if you only miss one scene, you're screwed).

Fun, fun!

well clearly your first thought after getting the gang back together should be "hey, we never did find where they stashed Judith's spear back at the tower, LETS GO BACK :downs:"

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Vicas posted:

I FORGOT IT WAS DUCE NOT DOGE BUT I'M NOT SORRY :catdrugs:

you could have just played it off as intentionally replacing Duce with Doge, but now we know the truth

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I wonder what the cut-off time on talking to Mr. long-white-hair dude standing at the top of the stairs is for that instance

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Repede just learned Light Spear a few battles before that fight, so he at least he does have some anti-air now

I like how Repede learns sword moves that Kratos/Zelos used

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
it's been brought up before, but the hop-along blastia are basically artillery cannons from what I recall; and bohdi blastia basically the x-spheres or whatever they were called in Symphonia, but these are not made out of people so they are not evil

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

AnotherGamer posted:

I don't think upgrading the Overlimits bar matters much to him since he's yet to use a single Burst Arte outside of the tutorial.

but that is exactly why he should upgrade it; burst artes coming out of higher-level overlimits are stronger, that is only a side-benefit to what the higher-level overlimits bring to the table.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

RareAcumen posted:

Check what skills weapons are trying to give you before you start using them. :v: Karol and dog really don't need any magic.

well wouldn't Nice Aid Smash benifit from him having more magic? :v:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oh good, you got the Limit Trio :getin:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Level 3 Overlimit is always worth using, since you get :siren: infinite TP :siren: during it. So don't worry about burst artes.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Another thing I loved in this game was how some attacks improved with usage, like how Rita's Fireball shoots more fireballs over time, I looked up a FAQ just out of curiosity and among other things found this one:
code:
---- Estelle: Base Artes -----------------------------------------------------

Pow Hammer
  Learned: Level 9
  1 hit  -  FS: Red  -  Element: Light  -  TP: 4
  Info: Chance of causing stun icreases with usage, up to 100% at 9999 uses.
:getin:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I had to forceably turn off Raven from using Love Shot because that was the only thing he would use if anyone was missing any health

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ometeotl posted:

Little Yuri wants to listen in on their conversation.

I think now, more than ever, we can say with complete certainty that this is 100% intentional.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
code:
Gale Dog
  Learned: Level 34
  Grants 5 seconds of invincibility  -  TP: 14
Gale dog is pretty good yo

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
well the Abyss LP got archived two days ago so people can go check that out if they want to find out more

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dastardly posted:

Vicaaaas did you forget about Judith's costume again? :derp:
Talking about Xillia, the only puzzle I can think of is finding the key card or whatever in the fortress and that wasn't really a puzzle so much as just exploring the rooms you can enter.

oh and there was the boat you had to go and destroy the engines on both sides of the stern to get to the bow

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Derpes posted:

This is why it didn't work. Kuvo, when you activate overlimit, pressing right will give you Lv.1, down Lv.2, left Lv.3 and up Lv.4 (when you pick up the Limit Quartet from synthesis which you can get now iirc)
Once he learns what OL level 3 and 4 actually do I don't think he will ever use level 1 or 2 ever again.

(3 gives infinite TP and 4 gives invincibility)

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oh yeah all the stronger starting game enemies there are now "aersick" and therefore different entries in the monster book :shepicide:

and the move Karol learned has him throw random poo poo from his bag; it does not effect your inventory though so don't worry about it. he also gets an upgrade for it somewhere near the end of the game in the end-of-game-sidequest-clusterfuck

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 27, 2014

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Hurrah a mystic arte! one thing you can do to make sure you can do a mystic arte with Yuri even if you get knocked away is to learn Azure Storm; it's an altered arte of Azure Edge when you have the "chain" skill active. that way if you get blown away after popping a level 3 overlimit you can just use that to land the hit you need to start it.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Spatula City posted:

So, uh, is Yuri just going to not mention that he got stabbed by Sodia? Does the game just throw that at you only to drop it completely?

it'll be addressed

RareAcumen posted:

I forget, has the rest of the party even found out about him just going Punisher on people or no?

Ep 50 - Plot Dump
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Kuvo always managin' to miss out on cool things like the other Mystic Arte that Final Duke can use that is a mash-up of the mystic artes of your party members, pretty much murders whomever it gets used on :rolleyes:

Dastardly posted:

Abyss lp when? I must find out more about those cheagles. :stare:

If you don't mind screenshot LPs: http://lparchive.org/Tales-of-the-Abyss/

• Locked thread