Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
From the thread title I thought that someone was either having another go at making a DoA movie, or had rediscovered the original movie as some kind of lost gem.

I disagree that a PG-13 rating means anything at all for the quality of this movie. Good PG-13 movies have been made (DoA was PG-13! :haw:). You can tell a good story and keep it PG-13. The lower the rating, the better - lower ratings means more people will see it, which means more opportunity for people to reflect on whatever bone this movie has to pick (looks like drone warfare).

I really like the angle they're going for with Gary Oldman's explanation that the man in the machine is pretty much obsolete. The machine literally does the fighting, Murphy is just for show and they make him think he's in control. Love that, that's a horrifying concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

foodfight posted:

Hey what gives?

That's so devoid of context that it's the least spoilery spoiler in existence. I don't actually think it's possible to "spoil" Only God Forgives, I mean it's not about plot in that sense.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
"What is this?
A Robocop movie for ANTS???"

• Locked thread