Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I absolutely know that this movie is going to end with Robocop about to do something off the deep end and his wife and son are gonna yell "REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE" and Robocop comes to his senses and is good again or something like that.

:toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

edit: wait, was penismightier toxxing or was he forcing Detective No. 27 to toxx using mod powers he no longer has?

What the gently caress are you talking about?

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Oh I just found what he's talking about. That was back in September when I was still mod, but I wasn't serious. What an odd thing to remember five months later.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

wyoming posted:

Well you see, a big part of being a nerd is buying things you hate (comics, movies, TV shows, and so on) and then complaining about how terrible they are. Every nerd worth his nerd salt that bitched about the Robocop remake is going to pay and see it, and then whine on their blog that they just knew it was going to be terrible. It's so ingrained they just assume it's the norm.

The Plinkett Life.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

I really liked this movie, and I knew I was gonna from the moment Robocop breaks out of the iPod factory in rural China.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

api call girl posted:

Wait, holy poo poo, really? gently caress me, now I gotta watch it in the theater. I've been letting too many movies slide.

It's worth a watch for the choice of end credits song alone.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I absolutely loved the leadup to that, especially since from the commercial you assume he's doing superhero stuff and landing in the Iron Man three point stance and it turns out he's in a rice paddy. Also, like two scenes later where he's talking to his wife on Skype and he looks like Darth Vader getting orders from the Emperor.

Also, I was impressed at how dark the ending was, even if the second half was pretty muddled with generic action stuff.

The reveal that it was a Skype call after all the "zoom ins" was just gutwrenching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

WarLocke posted:

Right up there with Goonies.

WarLocke posted:

At least tell me you've seen the original Red Dawn.

Don't watch either of these movies.

• Locked thread