Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Amazing! Your depth of knowledge about the game and high tech capture techniques makes my updates look like Baby's First Slender Scarecam LP. Added to the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Welcome back y'all! I've got everything up and running again. I'm still working on a full update, but for now I've got a smaller one that shows another exploit you can do to help break the game.

Over in Scrap you may notice a store called the Junk Shop.

The idea is fairly simple. You pay some money and go into the back room and pick out three random items.

Around the backroom you'll find spots that will trigger a prompt for you to pick an item or move on to something else. Each spot has a weapon or armor type that they will give you. This open box gives swords.

This box in the middle gives cannons and heavy weapons.

This green thing gives out regular guns.

This corner gives gloves and shields.

This box to the lower right gives helmets and boots.

And this lower left alcove gives body armor and suits. Well, let's see what we get why don't we?

Well that was underwhelming and frankly, it could have been much worse. Let's look at how the junk shop works.

When you go to the junk shop you are give a rank based on your main characters HP from 0-4. This rank will also affect the price the shop keeper charges. There are 8 total possible ranks from 0 to 7. When you go to pick up an item from one of the item spots it will give you a modifier on your base rank from 0 to +3. The game will then check what item is assigned to that final rank for that item spot.

Here's an example. Say you enter the Junk shop with 300 HP. At that point your base item rank is 1 and the shop keeper will charge you 600 credits. You go up to the armor item spot. Here are the ranks and possible items you can get.

0: FiberVest
1: HardLeather
2: CombatSuit
3: ArmorVest
4: ElectroArmor
5: JumpSuit
6: WarLord Armor
7: CyberSuit

So your possible items from that item point are HardLeather, Combat Suit, ArmorVest, or ElectroArmor with the lower ranked items being more likely. You can't get a FiberVest because your rank is too high and you can't get any of the rank 5-7 armors because your rank is too low.

HOWEVER, for each item you pick up their is a 50% chance that you can get either a Repair Kit, Broken Bumper, or Junk. These items are relatively worthless so getting them is far from ideal. For some reason though, they waived this chance for T260G's scenario and he will always get ranked equipment.

So overall it looks like the Junk Shop is a pretty terrible deal that you should never use, and that would be the case if it weren't for two bugs.

First of all we go back to the shop keeper and choose to sell some things. We act like we're selling one repair kit and then we scroll down to the bottom and try to select the Hyperion Bazooka. Then we go back into the junk room.

For some reason the game has given us 7 more picks! But that's not all...

The quality of the items is much better. In fact, all of these are the rank 7 items! There are two separate bugs going on here. The details of which can be found in Zaraktheus's mechanics FAQ. By attempting to sell a Hyperion Bazooka, it has adjusted our remaining picks based on the position of the Bazooka in the sell list. Also, by attempting to sell an item that we actually have (in this case the repair kit), it adjusted our base item rank based on our money. If you have approximately 1800-65,000 credits, and try to sell an item in your inventory, your rank will be automatically adjusted to 7. The sweet spot is actually between 1540 and 1790 credits because some of the rank six items are good too and that way you can get both ranks, but that can be hard to maintain.

You can repeat the bug as many times as you'd like to get as many items as you want. We stock up and then head on out.

Before we leave Scrap we'll stop by the Inn because there's one more fun thing we can check out.

It's another Type-7 mech! He's actually quite rude to us if you don't choose to stay, but it's something I never noticed until this LP, and I thought it was neat. With that we're done here in Scrap, but there is one more way we can exploit the junk shop glitch.

Over in Nakajima robotics they will buy Osc-Swords for 110 credits. That's not a lot, but since they're the rank 7 item in the junk shop you can get about 30 of them in a minute or so. Because of this, the junk shop is a good way to make a bunch of money as well.

Overall, the junk shop glitch won't get your mechs end game ready, but it will give them a good start and can also give you enough money to do the Takonomics glitch and pick up some other end game equipment. I mean the results speak for themselve here.

Before

And after

Needless to say the game probably won't be challenging us for a while.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 7, 2014

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Most fans theorize that the inn's Type 7 mec was supposed to be able to join you at some point in development.

And I did not know about the pretend selling setting your "rank" in the junk shop. I just always assumed that repeatedly selling RepairKits was what improved the rank. I love learning new things about old favorites.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bufuman posted:

And I did not know about the pretend selling setting your "rank" in the junk shop. I just always assumed that repeatedly selling RepairKits was what improved the rank. I love learning new things about old favorites.

It's still pretty useful to sell repair kits because it's a good way to fine-tune your bank balance (which is what the game actually reads to determine rank) 20 credits at a time. The guides are still technically correct, but for all the wrong reasons.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I knew about pretend-selling the bazooka, but I was either unaware of the RepairKit thing or was operating on the information that repeatedly selling them raised the rank. My memory's fuzzy.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I always liked to think that the shop clerk is just too enamored with the other lizard to give half a poo poo about what you're doing.

"Hey, wait, what? You're selling me a bazooka? Sure take 7 more things from the back"

*8 hours later*

"Where's my bazookas? I should have 90 of them!"

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
So, am I right in thinking that The Last Remnant is somehow spiritually a SaGa game?

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
Generally speaking, if your game credits include Kawazu prominently anywhere, it's safe to say it's gonna be fairly SaGa-like. Which The Last Remnant does. Haven't played it myself, but I've definitely been told it's pretty much the unofficial last SaGa game (in the sense that since then the only SaGa games have been remakes for the DS that didn't leave japan.)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CmdrKing posted:

(in the sense that since then the only SaGa games have been remakes for the DS that didn't leave japan.)

:eng101: Both of those remakes have been fan-translated! I don't think either of them is officially "complete", but both are pretty solidly in "close enough to be playable" state if you need more SaGa in your life.

The problem is, SaGa 2 and SaGa 3 are nothing at all like the Romancing/Frontier games; they're more like Final Fantasy 2 for the NES and a bog-standard JRPG, respectively. The real depth in the combat is mostly absent, unless you enjoy loving around with Monster transformation results. So while the remakes certainly exist, and are arguably playable depending on your tolerance for Gameboy-era RPGs, we're not going to get a game with the same depth as Last Remnant or the two SaGa Frontier games again, I don't think.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

KataraniSword posted:

The problem is, SaGa 2 and SaGa 3 are nothing at all like the Romancing/Frontier games; they're more like Final Fantasy 2 for the NES and a bog-standard JRPG, respectively. The real depth in the combat is mostly absent, unless you enjoy loving around with Monster transformation results. So while the remakes certainly exist, and are arguably playable depending on your tolerance for Gameboy-era RPGs, we're not going to get a game with the same depth as Last Remnant or the two SaGa Frontier games again, I don't think.

Have you actually played the remakes? The gameplay is VERY different from the GB incarnations, and the battle systems in both are now very much like SaGa Frontier. They basically kept the names and basic plots and then redid everything else completely from scratch.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

-You can only learn magic new magic if you have the gift for it which is obtained by doing various sidequests.

There are minor shenanigans possible with this.

Recall that you have to throw out opposing spell schools if you buy spells. But they can't take the gift from you if you have it. Why does this matter if you don't have the spells to cast and learn? There's a few items that cast proper spells(Rune Sword comes to mind), and they count for learning.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Raitzeno posted:

Have you actually played the remakes? The gameplay is VERY different from the GB incarnations, and the battle systems in both are now very much like SaGa Frontier. They basically kept the names and basic plots and then redid everything else completely from scratch.

I've played SaGa 2 DS, but only briefly scratched the surface of 3. While I admit that the battles are more fleshed out than they were in FFL2/SaGa 2 GB, especially with the "bond" system they introduced (as poorly translated as the fan translation's explanation of it is), there's still a distinct something missing from that game that I think significantly separates it from the Romancing and Frontier games.

That thing is sparking.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

KataraniSword posted:

I've played SaGa 2 DS, but only briefly scratched the surface of 3. While I admit that the battles are more fleshed out than they were in FFL2/SaGa 2 GB, especially with the "bond" system they introduced (as poorly translated as the fan translation's explanation of it is), there's still a distinct something missing from that game that I think significantly separates it from the Romancing and Frontier games.

That thing is sparking.

Sparking is in the remake of 3, I don't think it was in the remake of 2.

In 3, Sparking is actually tied to characters but only has limited cross-weapon functionality. It's weird. DISCLAIMER: I am going to make up example tech names rather than boot up my game now, and make up character names because holy poo poo the translators came up with some dumb ones.

Say a Longsword has Slash, Slash More, Slash Better, and Shut Up and Slash. Douchebag hasn't sparked any of its techs, so he can only use Slash while it's equipped. However, Moron has sparked Slash and Slash More (both of which replaced what he was going to do with the sword that turn, complete with breaking any combos you were expecting).

However, a Longersword has Slash, Slash Better, Shut Up and Slash, and Slash Fiction. If Moron picks up the Longersword, he immediately has access to its Slash Better skill. If he sparks Shut Up and Slash, he can then use that skill on a Longsword too.

(Each weapon and spellbook has Durability, and when it hits 0, it breaks; better techs use more DUR. DUR can be refilled for cash at any inn. There is no MP, WP, or JP.)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
What does get your Mecs ready for the endgame?

Eh, I shouldn't ask, I'm sure you'll tell us in time.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Glazius posted:

What does get your Mecs ready for the endgame?

Eh, I shouldn't ask, I'm sure you'll tell us in time.

Skill downloads. Right now they've got the stats, but nothing much to use them with. Once we start getting Plural Slash or something on some guys we'll be good to go. We can also give out slight equipment upgrades like swapping out Osc Swords for Zero Swords or Cyber Suits for Powered Suits.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
I assume you're also going to put a bit more focus on T260G's Intelligence? 10 INT is only good for, like, 2 or 3 skill slots, as I recall. That's going to seriously gimp him no matter how good his equipment is.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bufuman posted:

I assume you're also going to put a bit more focus on T260G's Intelligence? 10 INT is only good for, like, 2 or 3 skill slots, as I recall. That's going to seriously gimp him no matter how good his equipment is.

If I recall, there's some things Dude can get pretty soon now that will help with that.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Yup, T260 gets a scenario specific thing for that, and it's (un)surprisingly useful in freeing up some slots for other things.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Welcome back! Today we'll be continuing on with T260G's journey to learn about his mission.

Our first stop is this apartment behind the chicken on the lower level of Koorong.

In most quests there's absolutely nothing to do here, but some nerdy shutin left a lot of information that T260G can use. Just a heads up, this wall of text jumps around a lot and cuts off at weird places so anything that sounds odd or incorrect isn't a typo, but rather actual game script.

Might still need adjustment.

has been discovered!? There are many ruins deep in the jungles of Shingrow. For years, many ancient artifacts of a primitive civilization were excavated at Shingrow. This time they've dug up something completely different. They found a mec core. Apparently many years ago, there was a civilization far more advanced than Trinity.

of the diagram can be understood by analyzing the program horizontally. That is, you need to see if the horizontal lines match the right expression. The best way to check the route is from left to right. But, you need to

He speaks gialy of horrible things and laughs readily at pain and disease. He is exceedingly crueSince the power of government is derived from the common people, government assumes a certain obligation toward them. To prevent the federal government from tyranny, there must be another institution...9620 Nakajima Robotics Inc. Main Office: Shrike Border Area Great Slope 211 Status:Factory was once shut down by a Trinity investigation but today it has been reopened. Currently they're planning to launch a new mec on the market. Business is picking up again. Board Members:Shotaro Nakajima(President) Tomo Arai(VP),Masa Otani(VP), Hiroshi(Manager)

Goodness that was a lot to go through. Also at the end of the wall of text is a huge string of numbers that I'm not transcribing because gently caress that.

Anywho, the information may have been more wordy than we would have liked but it does give us some good leads on where to go next. Our first stop will be the abandoned ship ruins in Shingrow.

Well preserved given the enviroment and amount of elapsed time. Slight energy detected within.
Could be a monster.
Energy emission pattern is unique. Pattern identified:Defiant Class Ship PG.
Whatever that means. But it's curious.

So here we are back in the Shingrow ruins. We were here in Blue's quest, but we're going to be going a bit more indepth here.

As I mentioned earlier, this is a great place for mecs due to all of the mother boards and mec enemies running around, but this is also a really good place to make money.

Of course the biggest roadblock for some early game teams is going to be the sonic bats. Running into any of the Sonic bat sprites like the one seen below will trigger a fight with 2-5 bats.

But for this team, they're no problem as the mecs either one shot them with lethal guns or come really close. AT-Missile is one of Zeke's special moves by the way. It shoots out a bunch of small missiles to explode one enemy for moderate damage.

(sorry for the pause here, not really sure what happened)
Micro Missile is the type 7's special move. It doesn't hit for much but it looks cool.

I know we were here earlier but I can't get over how cool this place looks. The treasure piles contained a jump suit and a memory board if you were wondering.

In the command room we find the Duel Gun again. Normally the Duel Gun would be useless to us because we already have a pile of lethal guns, but the duel gun sells for over 3000 credits in the junk shop. Between that and the about 1000 of credits lying around you can make a lot of cash really quick.

When you get this message you know you're getting close.

An emergency energy source is being utilized.

Here we are. In an earlier fight T260G managed to absorb combat mastery. It's nice but I would have rather Zeke got it instead. You'll see why in a bit.

This is why. After reading the info on the computer we can download one and only one of these skills. Since we already have combat mastery we pick up shooting mastery instead. Also after searching for T260G we can choose to search for RB3 but the data is damaged. Very suspicious.

Data obtained regarding T260 model and HQ. Mission: destroy RB3 model.
What the hell are HQ and RB3 models?
HQ may be a command base. No data for RB3 model.
Our next stop is the command base?

With that we work our way back out of the ship. Next how bout we head to Manhattan and see about meeting this Leonard guy.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

I don't remember a single bit of this. I liked bringing T260G along on other people's quests, but I never much cared for his.

That wall of text on the computer sure is something though--especially seeing as it's cut off the text just runs to the next line.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. What are the odds the RB3 model still exists after all this time?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Glazius posted:

Huh. What are the odds the RB3 model still exists after all this time?

Gotta go with 100% and I have never played T260G's.

Of course, :thejoke:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Welcome back! Today we're going to visit this famous Dr. Leonard and see what all the buzz is about. We've got a lot of plot today so strap in. (Also please forgive the mouse cursors in these next two updates. I need to check my setting since they don't show up on the emulator window, but they do when I take screen shots!)

So the first step is making our way over to Manhattan.

Manhattan plays an important role in a couple of scenarios, but otherwise doesn't have much to offer aside from this mall where you can buy some neat accessories.

Our goal is here in the cafe where we need to talk to this man. No points for guessing who it is.

Yeah...
Do you know him?
As a matter of fact, yes.

It is at this point that I realize that we need to be in T260G's original form to trigger the next storyline event so we hop to Shrike to change back. The conversation starts the same but splits off here. Also, Manhattan has a different ship design. It's pretty neat I think!

Sir Taco? An amateur made you! Nice work...What do you want to know about Leonard?
Must have him analyze me. (T260G explained very simply.)
I see. I think Leonard will be interested in your case. I can take you to his office. Come along.

Leonard's Labratory

We head on over to the central building in Manhattan where Dr. Leonard drops the charade.
T260G
Let us start the analysis right away.

The computer analyzes us by projecting the image of T260G with various color filters on top. I just showed off three, but it actually goes through about 7 or 8 colors.

I see your original core is quite different from your present body type. You have some similarities to Trinity types, but also many differences. The computer is having problems analyzing your original core. That Sir Taco is quite the mechanic he must have had 4 or 5 hands to do a restoration like this. He wrote notes on each of the parts he added. Looks like I can't help, but I've added a memory chip to your system.

As others have mentioned in the thread, T260G's low intelligence isn't much of a problem. This is why, Dr. Leonard gives him a free boost when he installs the memory chip. It's a nice bonus.

Anyway, at this point the game doesn't really give you much direction on where to head next. I decide to head back to Shrike because Nakajima Robotics is one of the major players in T260G's quest. I'm sure nothing major will happen along the way.

WHAT!! This is one of the silliest things Saga Frontier does. There's a good chance that you just met Leonard and the game has an NPC tell you that he got blown up off screen. It's ridiculous.
:science:But it was no accident. He was assassinated by a terrorist or organized crime.

:cop:What's the matter? It's a valid pass.
:clint:But this one was issued by the late Dr. Leonard.
:cop:You must let him in. He's got a valid pass.
:clint:I guess it's OK. Thank you for your patience. You can go in now.

With guards like these, it's easy to see how an assassination could take place. Welp lets head in.

Fortunately, Dr. Leonard left some contingency plans in place in case something like this happened.

I've left a copy of my mind in this machine, just for times like this. I guess now we're brothers.
How should I call you?
I am still Leonard. But now my body is made of steel. Nothing else has really changed. Any luck getting data about yourself?
(T260G explained the situation.)
I also began looking into many things. But I was stopped by Trinity's information security program. I guess you'll have to get into their building to get more information. There is a central information bank in Tartaros. Let's go there.

Let's sneak into Tartaros by hiding in this container.

So here we are at Tartaros. It can be a really really nasty place for an unprepared team. We're more than prepared but even then it won't be a walk in the park, however that is something for the next update. See you then!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
This is the point where 12 year old KirbyKhan got lost on T260G's storyline. Cant wait to see what's next.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Tartaros and pretty much all of T260's dungeons up to the endgame can be totes nasty. LOTS of fighting, to the point that reserve team members can make this a whole lot easier, or in my case, are required since I couldn't fight bosses with my main team running on fumes. I'm curious to how you'll handle it with your limited party.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I really like how the super-smart NPC was also super-smart enough to keep a copy of his brain in his computer, ready to go into a mech in case he got killed in some kind of accident or, in this case, blown the gently caress up.

It's a nice touch, really.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Getting through Tartarus really isn't that much of a task, assuming you examine everything.

Getting everything OUT of Tartarus, on the other hand, can be quite the challenge. Hope you've got Evasion Rocket on some of your bots!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Huh.

When I played this I thought Dr Leonard transferred his mind into a Mec core and killed his body in spectacular and unquestionable fashion so he could move free of corporate interference and work with the most interesting thing robot science had seen in the SaGa Frontier world in thousands of years.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Huh.

When I played this I thought Dr Leonard transferred his mind into a Mec core and killed his body in spectacular and unquestionable fashion so he could move free of corporate interference and work with the most interesting thing robot science had seen in the SaGa Frontier world in thousands of years.

It was either industrial sabotage or a set-up, yeah. I forget if Essence is ever clear on it.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I thought Dr. Leonard was an old woman in a babushka the first time I played, and I'm still pretty sure the mec version had arms growing out of the back of it's head. His sprites are weird.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Man, now I don't feel nearly as stupid for thinking he was an old bald guy. Leonard's sprite IS weird.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
So here we are in Tartaros. As others have mentioned this can be a very dangerous dungeon, but also a very profitable one for your mec team members. There's a lot of mec enemies running around so you should be able to get some good skill absorbs.

See what I mean? The first couple rooms are almost entirely against mecs.

Tartaros seems to be some sort of mine. I don't recall if the game mentions what they're mining.

As you go further into the mine you'll come across these enemies with the Vulcan sprite. They're the main reason why this dungeon is so nasty.

Meet the Big Digger. There are 4 of them wandering around and they are very tough.

Or they would be if most of our mecs didn't have sky high defense. By selling the Duel Gun and Hyper Scale from the ancient ship, I had enough money to do the Takonamics glitch to pick up some Powered Suits and the like.

Yeah Gen doesn't do to well here since he can't get the ridiculous defense from wearing multiple armors. I believe this damage came from a dashing attack.

One of the other attacks they can used it called Chain Heat where they basically bust out a circular saw on one character. It has a chance to cause instant death on non mecs, but it can also be blocked.

Eventually though, the first Big Digger goes down.

If you can handle them, you really want to fight the Big Diggers. They all have great skill absorbs, and each of them drops a high level item. Also scattered around the mine are these blue switches. We need to activate all of them to progress.

Each of the Big Diggers are actually different from one another. This one can use Maelstrom and when downloaded gives the Dragon Program. The Dragon Program allows mecs to also use Maelstrom when equipped with an Octopus board.

Leonard is a type 6 mec like Engineer Car. He's also skilled at healing other mecs, but there are a few differences between the two. Leonard has a more advanced Repair Pack that can also restore WP to mecs and he comes with a Beam Sword instead of a vulcan. It makes him a bit more interesting and versatile than Engineer Car.

Here you can see the Big Digger's grain cannon attack.

Gen picks up Headwind against one of the Diggers which gives him a much needed damage boost.

Leonard was frustrating me for a while by refusing to download any programs so I gave him the guaranteed Dragon Program. Of course then he immediately downloads Plural Slash against a random mec. I would be mad, but I'll never say no to Plural Slash.

One of the Big Diggers comes equipped with a Hyperion Bazooka. When it's about to use it, he'll rear back into this ridiculous pose.

Yeesh. I hope Engineer Car is okay after that...

Oh...mecs are completely ridiculous when they really load up on armor.

We get the Bazooka after we beat him though which is a really nice reward. They're incredibly rare and give huge stat boosts to mecs. The downsides are that it only has two shots and Bazookas always seem underwhelming on damage to me for some reason. Maybe they're just hitting really high defense stats.

T260G's stats are quite ridiculous right now. In case you were wondering, the other items we get from Big Diggers in addition to the Powered Suit and Hyperion Bazooka are a Zen Gun and I believe an Octopus Board.

Just showing off the mine a bit more. Also looks like there's another Big Digger!

Our damage is getting quite good. One thing that also makes the big diggers nasty is that they all have high defense but combos ignore that.

Nice! Maxwell Program gives passive WP regeneration.

Once we've pressed all the switches the door opens leading to this elevator in the back.

Up we go!

Quite the neat looking area if you ask me.

Don't make it more complicated than it already is!
It didn't accept my password...Maybe this will do it. There it is.

What are these numbers...? It didn't work. I can't believe it. Your information can be accessed by the commanders. You must be some sort of secret. I wish I could make sense of these numbers...
Is there any relation to model [RB3]?
Is that a robot? Let's see. Right now nothing.
Any relation to HQ?
You mean the command base?
It is eithere a place or an organization.
Let me see...Oh I get it. These numbers must be the ship's travel data! I don't know if it leads to HQ, but if we set a course by these numbers, we'll find something. This is really exciting.
We gotta travel by ship again...?
Afraid of flying sir Gen?

I can't imagine that booze and those rickety ship rides across the void of space go together that well.

And with that we're finished up with Tartaros! Next time T260G's team will continue their snooping around in places that you think would have better security for being so high tech.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

T260G looks funny in his artwork. I guess it shouldn't be surprising that he looks mis-matched as hell, but I didn't really think of it. His sprite doesn't show much, but holy poo poo that artwork.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I could never decide who was my favorite between Asellus, T260G or Red. I've beaten the other two stories but never this one, looking forward to the finale

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

It's been a while since I read about it but doesn't the Compendium supposedly say that T260G is female? I always thought that was a neat detail.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

a cartoon duck posted:

It's been a while since I read about it but doesn't the Compendium supposedly say that T260G is female? I always thought that was a neat detail.

Well, T260G's core WAS originally that of a space battleship of some kind, and ships are traditionally considered female, so it's not a huge stretch.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

T260G's comment back to Gen about being afraid of flying made me smile. :3: I like to think it was a little sarcastic, though it probably wasn't.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing how it all goes down.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is an OctopusBoard supposed to be built by Taco?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Glazius posted:

Is an OctopusBoard supposed to be built by Taco?

I don't think so. I think they're named as such because they allow you to use Maelstrom like Krakens and other Octopus enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

dude789 posted:

Here you can see the Big Digger's grain cannon attack.
I'm sure you meant to type groin cannon, but the image of a grain cannon is just so magical. (I mean, I've heard of silos exploding...)

• Locked thread