Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What kind of controller are you using?

A PS3 controller but its emulated as 360. I don't have issues with any other games so :shrug:. Might it be a glitch with the demo? Cause there's some other jankiness (like being unable to leave the button mapping screen because some buttons are unassigned even though all the actions have been assigned).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Patch dropped just at the right time, awesome.

e; okay, how the hell do I avoid Jahzracht's fire tornado attack? I get sucked in then hit by his laser pillars as well and basically he deals my entire life bar in damage.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 16, 2013

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Patch dropped just at the right time, awesome.

e; okay, how the hell do I avoid Jahzracht's fire tornado attack? I get sucked in then hit by his laser pillars as well and basically he deals my entire life bar in damage.

Go to the corners, there's enough room between the corner wall flamethrowers for you to dodge the laser pillars by moving left and right in the space between them, carefully.

slightlyslow
Aug 19, 2002
Cheer up, emo kid.
So, how exactly does one trigger the Yeti above Tagrum? I had read that he appears where you fight the first boss after getting the wall hook, but I returned immediately after getting the hook and there's nothing in that area.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Thanks Internet posted:

pre:
Sep 13 2013, 11:50pm - VERSION: 1.0.0.19
CHANGED
   "Easy" difficulty renamed "Normal"
   "Hard" difficulty renamed "Veteran"
   "Normal" difficulty renamed "Hard"
   Reduced 'Retry' penalty
FIXED
   Incorrect level display on Wyatt's sword
   Jahzaracht refuses to come down and fight
   Soldier Resurrection crash
Can't say I was expecting an update on a Sunday, but can't say I mind. Just found out what the Jahzaracht glitch was for myself and was about to stop playing for the day when this showed up.

Wait, what Retry penalty was there? I thought all it did was start you over at the same screen. Was I losing experience without the game telling me or something along those lines?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Now I'm getting a CTD whenever I beat the second boss. Are they just releasing the patches without testing them first? God I hope not. That always makes things worse.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
It is all of one developer that made this game so I doubt the ability to do a full regression testing exists. Also they just had a death in the family or a close friend or something so I'm surprised we got anything at all.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Wow, I gotta say, the full version's controls are completely different in feel than the demo's, way more smooth and responsive. I can see why it's not so popular on greenlight; the controls in the demo are really awful.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

It is all of one developer that made this game so I doubt the ability to do a full regression testing exists. Also they just had a death in the family or a close friend or something so I'm surprised we got anything at all.

I don't think people would've minded if they said "Hey, someone close died, can you guys wait a couple weeks on patching?". It's not like it was that broken at launch. Or maybe I'm just assuming people are more reasonable than they really are.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Well considering their previous patch introduced a game breaking bug this new one was kinda important.

Also holy poo poo gently caress the cave-in sequence. That poo poo is awful.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why was it awful? I felt like I did it just fine even with messing up a few times. What happens if the timer gets to zero, do you have to do the boss again?

Anyone defeat Garnot yet? I'm not having too much trouble with his first phase, his second gets annoying, and his third just frustrates me, especially if you get caught up in the 15 ways flying around to stun you for what seems like 30 seconds. The bullshit move that takes all of your health sucks too, I can't possibly do that much damage to him in that timeframe.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Also holy poo poo gently caress the cave-in sequence. That poo poo is awful.

I take it that's after the temple, and not something he patched in before it?

e;

Infinity Gaia posted:

Go to the corners, there's enough room between the corner wall flamethrowers for you to dodge the laser pillars by moving left and right in the space between them, carefully.

This worked for me.

My only complaint is the game is sort of bad at explaining stuff. What's armour ruin? I have some but I have no idea what it does. What's a sheath charge?

Is there a best upgrade path for Wyatt's normal sword? I've gotten the +att upgrade, now the choice is between +crit or +armour ruin. Similarly, should I buy any of the braces in particular?

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Sep 16, 2013

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Move the cursor around the stat screen, it will explain what the various stats are there.

Armor Ruin is basically Armor Penetration for physical attacks. If you have 2 Armor Ruin, your attacks seem to ignore 2 Armor. So it's good to have.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Khanstant posted:

Why was it awful? I felt like I did it just fine even with messing up a few times. What happens if the timer gets to zero, do you have to do the boss again?

I guess it's my fault for trying to get the armor and save that one crew memeber but if you mess up at all or get hit by any enemy you're not going to make it out in time. No you don't have to fight the boss again thankfully, though he was pretty easy.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

Move the cursor around the stat screen, it will explain what the various stats are there.

Armor Ruin is basically Armor Penetration for physical attacks. If you have 2 Armor Ruin, your attacks seem to ignore 2 Armor. So it's good to have.

Thanks. I had to google "sheath charge," it's apparently cancel charge. Not sure why they gave it a different name.

Re: the divine smith, I'm pretty much 100% sure he's not in the Western Skyway, unless he's in a secret room. Anyone got a screenshot of where he is on the map?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Thanks. I had to google "sheath charge," it's apparently cancel charge. Not sure why they gave it a different name.

Re: the divine smith, I'm pretty much 100% sure he's not in the Western Skyway, unless he's in a secret room. Anyone got a screenshot of where he is on the map?

Here's where the bastard is hiding: http://i42.tinypic.com/n71chj.png

It's tinypic because imgur is down for me :ssh:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Count Uvula posted:

Here's where the bastard is hiding: http://i42.tinypic.com/n71chj.png

It's tinypic because imgur is down for me :ssh:

drat, I can't believe I missed that. Thanks!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

About Wyatt's sword upgrade paths, I feel like I should mention that one of the end-trees has a Bleed DMG+ effect. You'd normally think this is going to be a small upgrade, mildly helpful, but still making bloodlust the main reason to bleed enemies.

It actually is a REALLY HUGE increase in bleed damage, to the point where each hit of bleed is about the same, just slightly lower, than an actual sword hit. So it's actually a pretty impressive boost to DPS.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I love this game but the lack of documentation, large number of stat/skill combinations, and bonus stats from Sing bosses has really slowed down my enthusiasm.

Full Int on the warrior works rather well. The two skills that give holy/dark damage on weapon attacks scale with your magic rating. I ended up with lots of melee and magic damage without a large hp buffer that slows down suiciding to bosses. Win/Win!

I read that having at least a certain amount of luck allows for rare drops of otherwise limited resources. Does anyone know the minimum luck needed to make everything farmable?

On my monk, I'm really tempted by the Hermit skill. It allows infinite combo breaking in focus mode. The rest of the defensive skills don't look very good. Would people recommend Offense or Magic with a full luck build?

I wonder if a better Gods Hand / Reckoning might make up for my terrible base damage. Most of the offensive skills are % bonuses, and my base stats look like they will end up pretty low. I'm also worried about the boss that strips enchantments completely destroying me.

Help me with my decision paralysis so I can enjoy this great game!

Maybe a no spent stat/skill point playthrough is the solution I'm looking for?

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

KPC_Mammon posted:

Luck needed for drops

The only thing I read about for drops is that ancient coins won't drop unless you have at least 5 luck, and it will only make the coins drop by 1%. I think someone said at 8 luck it's a nice 20%.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Does anyone know where I can get a "snow white mane?" Only thing I need to get an angelic mace.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Genocyber posted:

Does anyone know where I can get a "snow white mane?" Only thing I need to get an angelic mace.

Kill the yeti. He's either above Tagrum early in the game or in the lower right of the Sunken Prison if you didn't kill him before.

Kieyen fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 17, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
How many crew are in the mines? I found the guy with the big sword in the top left, but that's it, and I was fairly sure I scoured the whole thing. Were there any others?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Lemon Curdistan posted:

How many crew are in the mines? I found the guy with the big sword in the top left, but that's it, and I was fairly sure I scoured the whole thing. Were there any others?

The dog with the hat (Sir Pancakes) is also in there, I believe.

I was wrong about the location of the light smith the first time someone asked, though :downs:.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Count Uvula posted:

The dog with the hat (Sir Pancakes) is also in there, I believe.

Crap, guess I won't save then. The boss and cave-in escape weren't too hard, so I can just do those again.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I'm really liking this game since I love basically any metroidvania, but now I've found this thread and seen that there's apparently missable bosses/stuff i'm a little bummed out. I'm only at the fire temple place at the minute but now i'm a little concerned i've been missing out on stuff and might have to take a while to backtrack and explore.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Thievery posted:

I'm really liking this game since I love basically any metroidvania, but now I've found this thread and seen that there's apparently missable bosses/stuff i'm a little bummed out. I'm only at the fire temple place at the minute but now i'm a little concerned i've been missing out on stuff and might have to take a while to backtrack and explore.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure there are exactly three sets of missable things in the game, one right at the start if you don't go back and fight the Yeti, one at the collapsing caves, and one I can't figure out related to Ishk post-collapsing caves. You're already too far past the first one and have yet to hit the other two.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I take back what I said about this game being fun because I just hit Magus. What dumb poo poo.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Thievery posted:

I take back what I said about this game being fun because I just hit Magus. What dumb poo poo.

Magus is a good boss as she teaches you how important chaining combos is. Basically ignore the crystal at the top and just start wailing on her at the beginning. Once her shield shows up, go to the top and kill the angel there to break it, then kill the crystal to stop her regen for a bit. Then start wailing on her again, repeat until dead.

e: Also don't use magic. She'll strip it away and heal herself with it (thought I think offensive magic works fine?)

Also, anyone have tops for the Yeti fight? The second one I mean. He's easy enough by himself (especially since I have 3 skill cancels :v:) but once the ice ferals come in I get slaughtered immediately. Is there any way to take them out withing them bringing up their shields?

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 17, 2013

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
So I when I tweeted Endless Fluff about the boss glitch I also asked them about the "reduced retry penalties" in the patch notes. This is what they had to say about that:

quote:

@EndlessFluff: @ghostcrabgames
Also there are multiple time sensitive events in the game and retries reduce the time you have for these events.
:psyduck:

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

The problem i'm having with the fight isn't even, well, the fight. It's the platforming. Jumping from the middle platform to the left platform when the angel spawns is ridiculous - I make the jump, i'm in the same location I've been to grab the ledge the last 5 times, only my character won't interact with the ledge and just falls off. It's incredibly frustrating.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Yodzilla posted:

So I when I tweeted Endless Fluff about the boss glitch I also asked them about the "reduced retry penalties" in the patch notes. This is what they had to say about that:

:psyduck:

They seem really loose atleast, unless the yeti is one. I finished the game with 120 retries, exploring every area after getting a new mobility skill, and Ishk was lost just before I went to fight the final boss. Guessing there's one for each city.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Thievery posted:

The problem i'm having with the fight isn't even, well, the fight. It's the platforming. Jumping from the middle platform to the left platform when the angel spawns is ridiculous - I make the jump, i'm in the same location I've been to grab the ledge the last 5 times, only my character won't interact with the ledge and just falls off. It's incredibly frustrating.

Hold the d-pad in the direction of the ledge until you grab it. It's easy to let go early and not grab it.

Count Uvula posted:

They seem really loose atleast, unless the yeti is one. I finished the game with 120 retries, exploring every area after getting a new mobility skill, and Ishk was lost just before I went to fight the final boss. Guessing there's one for each city.

Well now I feel less bad about loading my save instead of trying the retry. :v:

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 17, 2013

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Count Uvula posted:

Does anyone have ANY clue how you're supposed to solve the spoilered issue? I ASSUME there's some way to fix it but I have zero idea how.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Genocyber posted:

Hold the d-pad in the direction of the ledge until you grab it. It's easy to let go early and not grab it.

For whatever reason I could do it 100% of the time on the right platform but not the left. Either way I obliterated her after a little while and now i've made my way to the Demon/Angel fight. I don't know who the demon is but apparently I've fought him before according to the dialogue.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Do Life Potions count against your boss score if you use them in the area the boss is in but not the actual boss fight?

Souai
Dec 16, 2007

Genocyber posted:

Do Life Potions count against your boss score if you use them in the area the boss is in but not the actual boss fight?

I don't think so, as when I dumped tanks to fight the thunder boss for quick retrying it didn't penalize me. If the boss nameplate comes up or they are refreshed on a retry then they are counting against you though.

I'll see if anything changes with no retry and being pretty fast in the game, given that twitter response about timed events.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Bug on Yeti - If you do Reina's air skill that makes a replica of her and he catches it in his grab, he'll freeze up completely and turn into a punching bag that you can just wail on. 300 hit combo ahoy.

Souai
Dec 16, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

Does anyone have ANY clue how you're supposed to solve the spoilered issue? I ASSUME there's some way to fix it but I have zero idea how.

Yeah it looks like it's based on time. I got the divine key on this new file in under 2 hours with no retries used and the reactor hasn't even broken yet in Iskh. I think you just have to finish the game before they croak, but since you need the divine key running out of time doesn't kill anyone until you get the divine key.

On my other files the reactor's been broken right after getting the demon key and the town has perished immediately after leaving with the divine key. I left the game running in both and used multiple retries so I have no idea what the actual limits are.

Edit: Hah, ruined my quest for saving all the civies, forgot about the jerk in the first town, needed to swing by after hitting Iskh but before a certain unknown point afterwards whoops

Souai fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Sep 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Oh hey, this game got greenlit for Steam. The demo I tried of it a while ago seemed pretty good, though I was a little overwhelmed by the magic system.

Playing as the warrior character seemed significantly easier than playing as the monk character, even when unequipping the sword. Is that also the case in the full game?

• Locked thread