Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm so confused by everything about this game. It plays vaguely like DotA, but it has AP, but it has the apparently now cool thing to do in new MOBAs of multipart items, and the characters are all just DotA+League character mashups.

I think I like it? I can't tell. :psyduck:

On a serious note, it seems a bit busy graphically. It looks nice, but the map is just a little overstocked on poo poo to see.

E: No, no I don't like it.

Orv fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
One of the ranged carries does the kind of damage beta Akali did, it's a little crazy. Are you somewhere on the map within twenty feet of a bush? Not anymore you're not.

Which is another thing. The map is loving tiny compared to how many places people can suddenly pop out of. There's a lot of "another things" basically and they all combine to make this game a real mess.

Orv fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 12, 2013

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dizz posted:

It really does seem to be heavily inspired from it's predecessors but at least it's doing a lot of things better.

Such as? Not trying to be a dick, genuinely want to know what you think it does better. It controls a bit slowly. The abilities are (almost) all cribbed from League, HoN or DotA with minor statistical or secondary effect changes. The itemization is terrible. Balance is horrendous, and while normally I'd ignore that as a beta issue, League still has occasionally questionable balance while being the most successful F2P game in existence, though they do a lot better these days. The map is not particularly great, being both too small and having too many hiding places. It has too many odd gameplay elements stacked on top of each other and they all fit poorly. All towers respawn. Finally, the beta is already full of people who will act like the shittiest people MOBA communities have to offer, which is just great.

Orv fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 13, 2013

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dizz posted:

5 wards isn't enough for a game with bushes.

My map complaint centers around the fact that everything in this game is bushes. There are so many bushes so close together that people vanish into the LoS fog every time you almost catch them. It also means that with the tiny lanes an entire team can suddenly materialize and murder you to death. Wards help with that, but you only have so many wards, and every exit into the lanes has a bush.

Orv fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 14, 2013

• Locked thread