Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Removed or restricted? As in, could I still build a Rabadon's on Caitlyn and it'd actually do something for her, or could I not get it at all on her?
There's one stat called "Power". Each Shaper treats Power as both AP and AD, but different Shapers receive different amounts of AD per Power, and of course each skill scales on Power differently.

For example, Amarynth, a ranged magical carry, gets a 100% Power to AD ratio, so for each 1 Power she gets, her autoattacks will do 1 more damage (before Armor), and her spells have a Power Ratio of 100%+(20% per 0.5s), 80%, 95% and 120%, so that last spell gets 1.2 damage per Power.

Zeri, a ranged magical support/utility Shaper, gets a 20% Power to AD ratio, and her spells have Power Ratios of 65% with a 13% MR Shred ratio (more MR shred with more power), 70% with a 0.2% Silence Duration ratio (more silence duration with more power), and an ally-targetted 115% Heal with a 3% AOE Lifedrain effect (think one tick of Swain).

The same applies for the stat "Haste". Amarynth gets 0.2 Attack Speed per Haste, and 0.6% Cooldown Reduction per Haste. Freia, a melee assassin/carry, gets 1 Attack Speed per Haste and 0.2% Cooldown Reduction per Haste.

You can build the hell out of Rabadon's Deathcap or B.F. Sword or Phantom Dancers, no matter who you are, and the game will automatically apply it properly to your character in a way that benefits them the most based on what type of character they are.

Unfortunately, this means that an "AD Zeri" gimmick isn't really possible, since you'll just be beefing up your spells just as much at the same time. Those didn't really work anyways though :v:

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Yoya posted:

I think this flavour of damage math is LoL's greatest sin even above paying for characters and grinding for +0.5 damage buffs. The genre is screaming out to be simple and intuitive and not even EA will oblige it.
It's not really that complex in Dawngate, I just showed all the ratios as an example of how Shapers are different. If you build Power, your autoattacks and spells will do more damage, period. If you build Haste, there's less time between your attacks and spellcasts, period. Autoattackers just have what they get benefit autoattacks more, and casters have their stats affect their spells more.

You can see the entire item list here. It looks like they ripped all the randomness out of items, so that's nice. At least, except for Life/Vigor/Rampancy which give a % chance to heal some health whenever a nearby enemy dies.

Last I checked though, their Item Store is kind of a pain in the rear end to navigate. You can experience it yourself here, if you want. If I wanna start building towards a given late-game item, and I know the name of it or major passive effect, I can't just go straight to the item, I gotta click around in every single item on the list first before I figure out exactly which Magic Resist item leads up to it. I do like the icons though, everything's color-coded so an item that has a blue-purple-orange icon is going to be Will(MR), Haste(CDR/ASPD), and Resilience(Armor). You can tell what combination of basic stats it gives just by looking at it. ...except for the Haste/MR item Motion which is purely blue and doesn't have MR's telltale eyeball in its icon. The Haste item Clarity/Insight also have the MR eyeball but aren't MR items. EA :argh:

Dizz posted:

The dude with the big rock arm spins around and stuff if I'm not mistaken. I can't say much because the only games I played were all Raina.
Cerulean's Q, maybe? I've never played him either though.

• Locked thread