Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
Will someone post the soundtrack so I can download for my girlfriend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

ZHamburglar posted:

Ha!

Girlfriend.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Hegav posted:

Might wanna check out the PES demo as well, think they had developed a new engine or something? Would be great if they upped their game so EA had some decent competition again.

The gripe I've had with PES is that it just feels like a couple good mechanics inside a really awkward and janky engine. You feel like you can see all the animation hitches and such, and there's just something off about the visuals.

Also everything is blurry

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ZHamburglar posted:

FIFA's soundtrack is never actually good, but gently caress if you don't hear half-a-dozen or more of the songs in commercials and poo poo later that year

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Hegav posted:

Been playing a few matches. Can't believe someone who had beta access claimed that the pace was lower in FIFA 14. This is the most arcade like FIFA I've played so far. Don't like the changes to dribbling either, I wanna do a long touch and I keep loving it up.

Might wanna check out the PES demo as well, think they had developed a new engine or something? Would be great if they upped their game so EA had some decent competition again.

Its almost like someone completely made poo poo up!

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

Hegav posted:

Been playing a few matches. Can't believe someone who had beta access claimed that the pace was lower in FIFA 14. This is the most arcade like FIFA I've played so far.

If you have played any of the demos before this, then you would know that speed in the demo in absolutely not representative of the real game. It is changed because the halves are 3 minutes rather than the standard 5/6 minutes.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

scoring from 20+ out is so satisfying in this game even if you hit the woodwork a bit much

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The UT demo was trash but the normal game is okay. Players seem to dance around within their 2 yard circle and turn into trouble randomly.

Dembele owns though and I got little Tommy Carroll to score a blinding header.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just got a few matches in, I think I'm gonna like this game.

Touch is a bit more difficult and using turbo leads to a lot more turnovers than before. Hitting Square then X for that cutback move is a bit more weighty, players overrun the ball a bit, which is nice. It's not just turning on a dime.

Or maybe I just haven't broken this version yet. Either way Parmos is gonna own this year, highly recommended

e: oh and dummying doesn't make the ball speed up through your legs and get turned over, it's actually reliable now

drbesty
Sep 11, 2001
broke 3 of my fingers playing computer golf

Hegav posted:

Been playing a few matches. Can't believe someone who had beta access claimed that the pace was lower in FIFA 14. This is the most arcade like FIFA I've played so far. Don't like the changes to dribbling either, I wanna do a long touch and I keep loving it up.

It was a beta it's wasn't the final product, everyone playing the beta probably moaned that it was too slow

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Are there fewer buttons this year ?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think the same amount. I will look into it.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

TheBigAristotle posted:

I think the same amount. I will look into it.

I just looked at my controller it looks like it still has the same number of buttons and I used them all for fifa so I feel like I've settled this issue in the most scientific manner.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

hopterque posted:

I just looked at my controller it looks like it still has the same number of buttons and I used them all for fifa so I feel like I've settled this issue in the most scientific manner.

Mine doesn't.

Origin is slammed I guess. Nothing relating to FIFA14 will load up.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

dkj posted:

Mine doesn't.

Origin is slammed I guess. Nothing relating to FIFA14 will load up.

Origin is working fine for me but I'm in filthy Euroland so who knows.

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:
I wish there was a multiplayer demo as I just find singleplayer insanely dull. Until the computer starts sending you angry messages calling you a human being after you beat it I'm just not interested.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

vaginal culture posted:

Well anyone is free to post their own better record, I'll just wait.

What was your record?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You can't play local multiplayer in the demo?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Spiffeh posted:

I wish there was a multiplayer demo as I just find singleplayer insanely dull. Until the computer starts sending you angry messages calling you a human being after you beat it I'm just not interested.
Same. It's hard to gauge any changes when you're playing against the boring CPU.

julian assflange posted:

You can't play local multiplayer in the demo?
That would require friends though.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Spiffeh posted:

Make a friend or two

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Just when you thought victory celebrations couldn't get more annoying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roTF3c8IbUE
I don't even know what is going on with RVP at 1 minute in.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

lol at all the white guys trying to do the sturridge dance

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
those are pretty ridiculous, even by fifa's standards

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mynameisjohn posted:

lol at all the white guys trying to do the sturridge dance

In the mo-cap videos for FIFA 13, USA defender Jay DeMerit was the one who did the weird bendy-armed version of Balotelli's flex celebration.

He's probably the guy who poorly imitated Sturridge's dance

e: oh ffs they have the 'showing respect to your former team' celebration

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 11, 2013

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Seltzer posted:

Just when you thought victory celebrations couldn't get more annoying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roTF3c8IbUE
I don't even know what is going on with RVP at 1 minute in.

Definitely doing the Arrested Development chicken dance after every goal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf2e8z7EoF8

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

kcer posted:

What was your record?

It causes meltdowns if it gets posted, rest assured it was a stunning record.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

TheBigAristotle posted:

In the mo-cap videos for FIFA 13, USA defender Jay DeMerit was the one who did the weird bendy-armed version of Balotelli's flex celebration.

He's probably the guy who poorly imitated Sturridge's dance

e: oh ffs they have the 'showing respect to your former team' celebration

I'm just going to keep doing the airplane and trying to get my VP to hug the goalscorer

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
In 09 or 10 I forget which one they had a celebration where the player would lift both arms up and stand still like Zlatan did once after an outrageous head-height back heel and then they took it out and I want that one back

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

tbp posted:

In 09 or 10 I forget which one they had a celebration where the player would lift both arms up and stand still like Zlatan did once after an outrageous head-height back heel and then they took it out and I want that one back

That's the last one in the video I think?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I'm still disappointed that they fixed the feet first slide so the player can't slide through the back of the new anymore. That was my favorite.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

Just got a few matches in, I think I'm gonna like this game.

Touch is a bit more difficult and using turbo leads to a lot more turnovers than before. Hitting Square then X for that cutback move is a bit more weighty, players overrun the ball a bit, which is nice. It's not just turning on a dime.

Or maybe I just haven't broken this version yet. Either way Parmos is gonna own this year, highly recommended

e: oh and dummying doesn't make the ball speed up through your legs and get turned over, it's actually reliable now

Yeah this is pretty much my experience. I like it. The ball has more weight and not being able to just mindlessly sprint past defenders is a welcome change. Challenge is good.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Is it me, or have they made kicking the ball sound way louder. Every pass and shot is a quite loud thud.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 11, 2013

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

T. Finninho posted:

I'm just going to keep doing the airplane and trying to get my VP to hug the goalscorer
I always collect the ball where possible and hug the goalscorer where it's not

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

T. Finninho posted:

I'm either doing the celebration Cantona did after this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNxinAWaiiI

Or some variation of knee-slide.

Would like to mix in a bit of that thing Drogba does when he sprints away from a goal, the wing thing. Welbeck does it, ton of players do it. I want to do it in Sunday league but I just jog back because I'm generally a donkey

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Hegav posted:

That's the last one in the video I think?

Oh yea I just got to watch it you're right

Good thing there are 4 version of La Cirque whatever and the loving Gangam style dance

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Gonna have a ton of people ragequit if you just do circus tricks and gangnam style after every goal.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much fun this demo is and the soundtrack sounds a million times better than 13. Only thing that bothers me is the commentators are already getting repetitive. I'd gladly fork out a few dollars for dlc that was just more commentator audio.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I just hope they didn't remove the 'dead fish' flop celebration.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
The new ball physics are pretty tits, scored a tasty outside the foot 25 yarder with Mkhitaryan last night...

And yes...the ball sounds are pleasingly amplified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

hopterque posted:

Gonna have a ton of people ragequit if you just do circus tricks and gangnam style after every goal.

Isn't that the point?

• Locked thread