Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I already preordered it on PC :colbert:.

Also I just finished installing the demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Scott Bakula posted:

I bet the defending AI is still absolutely retarded

Nooooooooooo it is not.

The AI in general seems a lot tougher, I had serious problems scoring/winning games even on professional, when I can score like 10 goals on pro in 13.

e: They also actually make attacking moves and shoot at the goal from range etc.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 10, 2013

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

aellisr posted:

Anyone else getting crazy graphical glitches on PC when it cuts to replay or pretty much anytime there are players being rendered outside of in-game play? Game itself plays nicely with a 360 controller plugged in on PC. Bit miffed that it isn't getting the graphical overhaul that the PS4 and Xbone version is :(

And agreed, using your 9 to hold up play and then thread in through balls = goals GOALS GOALLSSSSSSSS to your CAM or wings.

No glitches here, and yeah, PC didn't get "next gen" (current gen) features and engine until 2010 or so, so enjoy the last year or two of good fifa for a while if things go the same way.

e: So some things I've noticed:

1) Playing against the AI is a lot more fun now that it actually takes shots and does interesting stuff instead of basically just stonewalling and passing it around midfield forever

2) I'm gonna guess it's part of the new ball physics improvements, but running with the ball at full sprint is a little more out of control and sometimes you'll play the ball ahead a little too much and lose it really easily, especially if you move right from first touch-> full sprint. I like this, because it's gonna make running around like a madman with a super pacy team at least a little less amazing.

Anyway, so far it feels really good and I can't wait for the actual game to come out.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Sep 10, 2013

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Pissflaps posted:

Didn't they already make this game last year?

There he is, what took you so long.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Pissflaps posted:

What, exactly, are you implying?

Nothing, someone already made a pissflaps joke.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm hoping there's enough regular PC players so we can have a goon pro club this time.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Except he's still on the team in the demo, so, welp.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Sucks for you guys it took me like 10 minutes to download and install it on PC :smugdog:.

Now all I have to deal with is a much smaller playerbase and the inevitable FUT botting.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

mynameisjohn posted:

this game is poo poo. the defending is terrible you feel like you're on skates.

I didn't have any trouble? Only goals I gave up where when I was screwing around against world class+ AI, even though the AI is definitely better and takes shots a lot.

e: ^^^^^ yeah it fukkin is. It's me, I'm a nerd.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 10, 2013

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

mynameisjohn posted:

im not getting scored on its just the world class AI keeps the ball and the tackling speed is too fast for run and too slow for jog so you just feel like you're always catching up and it's tiring to play. I don't know if it's better on the lower difficulties, but the product im playing is pretty loving frustrating.

i dunno there should just be a bit of leniency for the user, over running the ball by 15 meters because you cant stop when someone cuts inside is ridiculous.

e: and the world class computers defensive AI is SO MUCH better than yours.

I don't know what to say man, this hasn't really been an issue for me. Are you not using the contain buttons?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

TheBigAristotle posted:

I think the same amount. I will look into it.

I just looked at my controller it looks like it still has the same number of buttons and I used them all for fifa so I feel like I've settled this issue in the most scientific manner.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

dkj posted:

Mine doesn't.

Origin is slammed I guess. Nothing relating to FIFA14 will load up.

Origin is working fine for me but I'm in filthy Euroland so who knows.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Gonna have a ton of people ragequit if you just do circus tricks and gangnam style after every goal.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Scott Bakula posted:

Isn't that the point?

Yeah, I'm saying I'm looking forward to it.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

aellisr posted:

Anyone preordered this on PC yet through Origin on PC? You get 24 gold packs that all contain Ronaldo's and Cavani's. I haven't played a season of FIFA on PC before and was just wondering the actual value of the packs given how rampant this botting approach to player accumulation seems to be.

E: For anyone on PC that is getting weird graphic issues with Nvidia cards, turn off the anti aliasing in the nvidia control panel.

It would be rad if they had a higher chance to give rare players, but yeah, I preordered.

The botting was pretty annoying in 13 (less so because of the market prices than because of having to be super careful when you were getting matched against a player to catch bots), but I hope they've continued to improve detection/punishment of that sort of thing.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah, it's the same.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
So I just got from division ten to division one in h2h seasons without a single failed promotion, and 8 of them were division titles. If I can win Div1 on my first try I'm gonna pat myself on the back super loving hard.

Record is like 55 wins 12 draws 8 losses.

All this on 2013 obviously, but I gotta get in shape for 14.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
PES was the loving poo poo during the ps2 days, but it's been awful ever since the xbox360/ps3 generation started.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Reek posted:

ride the cat celebration is a level 100 unlock, dreams crushed

I don't know, I'm like level 50 going in, maybe I'll be level 100 by next summer so I can spend a few months making all the pubbies mad as heck before 15 comes out.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
No I'm pretty sure he's looking for people based in europe one way or another, because of the latency issues playing with people in the US or wherever else.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
So since crossing and corners are apparently the new best way to score, does that mean Miroslav Klose is still the most amazing strike in UT?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

serious gaylord posted:

So what you're saying is I should ignore the thing thats designed to make me want to buy a £45 game because its really bad, and instead buy a £45 game that I already know is really bad to see that, yes, its really bad?

I skipped Fifa 13 as the demo was again awful and full of all the problems they've had since 2010, namely the idiotic AI and I read again that Fifa 14 has all of the same problems with defender AI, added in this new 'bug' where all you need to do is get a corner to score and put it into the middle of the box.

I dont care about the card game and the fact they seem to have spent even more of their limited development time on it makes me worry even more about the quality of the game again being severely lacking. Now that Pro Evo has died Fifa has gotten lazier and lazier.

The demo was bad and I doubt the game will be any better.

Fifa 13 was pretty good and this is significantly better, and for what it's worth I'm not noticing anything unusual with headers playing career mode so far, so it's probably just an adjustment phase where people are getting used to the slightly different timing for defending them. Also the AI is pretty loving good this year.

But I'm not sure why I'm even posting this since you didn't play last year because of the terrible demo that was basically not at all representative of the full game, and you've already dismissed this one for the same reason, so it's not like you really care what people say and are just posting to complain about poo poo for whatever reason.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
There's nobody to play online with on PC yet, since it's only actually released in Korea so far and I don't think many other people unlocked it early via VPN.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
So yeah, I think Bayern and Dortmund are the two most overpowered, hilarious teams in the game the way it plays right now (in Seasons, of course). Both have insanely good, pacey left and right midfielders and relatively tall, powerful forwards (especially Bayern with Mandzukic) to head everything in. Combined with the big strong defenders and you have a team that can fire in headers like nothing but also defend them pretty reliably. Bundesliga Supremecy.

The teams having two of the better goalies in the game doesn't hurt either.

I'm really happy with all of this, since I tended to cross the ball a lot and score pretty reliably anyway, although I'm not finding it quite as overpowered in Seasons as you guys are talking about it being in UT.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Sep 24, 2013

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah, poo poo is pretty hard this year, even on professional the AI is loads better than World Class was last year.

e: Hopefully they'll get my UT stuff fixed today, man. Every time I open the game it's like GET YOUR FREE PACKS but I can't.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It seems like the quality of the videos gets worse every year, but here's a sweet shot with Thomas Müller.

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/profile/media/PC/hopterque/2014/video/171852076

e: Also I found out the hard way that the 5 minute game clock window to leave a game without getting a loss isn't there anymore, which is nice for those times when you score right away and a guy leaves, but sucks for those times when you match up against someone super laggy and want to leave.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Sep 24, 2013

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
There's a friendly quit option but both players have to agree.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Pissflaps posted:

I've read all the posts ITT and decided that, on balance, I will not be buying this game as FIFA seems to be continuing its steady march into being a paradise for button knowers and autistic virtual card game players. Not my scene. Somebody skype me when there is a fun football game for me to play.

You should go buy PES I think it might be your kind of a game.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Sin Dios posted:

Is anybody at all playing it on PC? I need more people to play with.

I play on PC, hopterqueue

hopterque fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 26, 2013

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Sin Dios posted:

We should definitely make a club for PC.

I've been saying this for like 3 year so yeah we definitely should.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
About 99% sure Pissflaps was kidding.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I added everyone I could find on origin, if I missed anyone, mine is hopterqueue.

Some of you need to accept my friend request though.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 26, 2013

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Sin Dios posted:

Not opposed to this but there's already several ppl in FC parmos and I agree with Akileese we should probably keep it in one club since we'll probably have a small crowd on PC.

Yeah, I would definitely keep it to one club, this is the first time there's actually been enough people interested to even think about it on PC anyway.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

I can't find where to accept friend request. What am I missing?

In the origin client just go to your friends list and any friend requests will be right at the top of the list.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Well, all you fellow PC nerds can now add my other account, since I just had them refund the game on my original account and am gonna buy it on my other one.

Origin is: hopterqueue.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Someone needs to tell the Fifa soundtrack compilers that the world really doesn't want to hear more German rap. I can be certain but I think Germans will agree as well.

German Rap owns though? I usually play with my own music but the german rap song in fifa 13 was rad.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

A BALLIN LUNCH!! posted:

The game is fine, the crying is just the same as every year.

Haha, yeah, every year it's the same posts. I hate this version it's different all the new stuff is dumb and then after a few weeks everyone gets used to the new whatever and it's great.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

serious gaylord posted:

Looks like my decision to not buy this after the demo has been vindicated despite some trolls trying to tell me the demo is completely different to the real product.

Pissflaps posted:

Yeah I'm not going to buy this game sorry everyone sounds like this game is rear end.

poo poo, whatever are the rest of us going to do???

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

vaginal culture posted:

I also get irrationally mad when other people don't like something I purchased.

Mad? More like panicking, I mean, what if you had neglected to purchase the game too? That would be a disaster! This thread might not be full of terrible gimmick posts all of the time, and where would we be then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

lolsonic posted:

13 was all about pace abusers running up the wings and over the top through balls. Those are lesser players, which seems to describe a lot of you whiners

Yeah I don't really understand any of the complaints, basically they made it a lot harder to win with pure pace and mad sprinting and through balls, and made it so patient, smart build up play is a lot more effective.

I guess they're mad that the old brainless tactics aren't as effective any more.

• Locked thread