Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I will be buying FIFA 14 for PC using my student loan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I can't wait to play with the 4-3-3 with the false 9 in UT, strong striker with good ball control feeding the LW/RW/CMs while a High/High CDM anchors the operation, it's gonna be tasty.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

T. Finninho posted:

I'm just going to keep doing the airplane and trying to get my VP to hug the goalscorer
I always collect the ball where possible and hug the goalscorer where it's not

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

It means they can't play in any formation, it's part of EA's revolutionary new "positionless football" feature

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I'm up to nearly 80k coins now on UT, can't wait to actually buy the game when my loan comes in

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

250-coin bids are a slow and stupid way to make money anyway, get a little capital (like 10k) and just browse through players on the ultimatedb app and snap up the newly-listed way-too-low-BINs

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

sassassin posted:

It's a zero risk, zero thought way to turn that 10 into 12 with 2 mins of clicking. It's fine unless you're desperate to get that Ronaldo or something.
Yeah but at that point why not just buy some packs

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

vaginal culture posted:

I think Strength is the thing to abuse in this edition. I got Bony up front (94 strength, he definitely lifts) and he is a one man goal machine. Game still kinda sucks.
Bony looks very tasty, strong as hell, rocket shots, decent ball control, links up with some top strikers, a couple of good wingers, and Leon Britton, definitely considering building a hybrid around him

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I'm gonna buy this on PC in like two weeks or maybe one week something like that anyway add me at RaightningUK if you want

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

vaginal culture posted:

I think I will be giving my 100,000 coins to Soulex as long as he promises not to spend it on Albanians. And i will go back to wrecking shop at fifa 13 the superior game
Every Albanian in the game can be had for a total of 3,500 coins

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I've never opened a non-bronze pack, and have nearly 150k on FIFA 14, a game I don't own yet. C'est la vie

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Yeah, it's just that I wanted to use honda (who is a monster when he is a lone CAM) and this allowed me to get a better back four, because aside from boccheti and criscito the RPL defense is rear end.
You can do that anyway in the 4-3-3(4), a Mexes-Konko-Pogba triangle on the right side is self-sustaining and Honda's only got links to the two CMs and the ST so Traore and a CSKA CM (convert one of the gold CDMs I guess) works fine.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

sassassin posted:

Biabiany at RW maybe
Problem there is that with Traore and Honda this becomes your only option at LW http://www.futhead.com/14/players/5895/alan-gatagov/ and all of the other strong RPL strikers play for lovely clubs

e: did totally space out on the RW area being a problem in general though, might be best just to have a perfect chem CB-RB duo and a goalie to go with the CB, that'd work

Chris de Sperg fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 2, 2013

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

sassassin posted:

Have the UT servers been dead all day or is it just me?
They were down for maintenance 5am-11am UK time and then the maintenance overrun slightly but I think they're up now?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

sassassin posted:

Still getting maintenance messages on the web app
Looks like there's a lot of stress on them, I can get in but it takes a few refreshes.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Spent 48k on these, can't wait to play with all these big strong blokes with perfect chemistry and such diverse origins, "phwoar" is a thing I expect to say often.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

PC rules the roost yet again, can't wait to pick this up on Monday.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Hegav posted:

The new patch is pretty drat nice but it seems like switching players after the opponent crosses is really broken. It always switches to your fullbacks instead of the centreback marking his attacker, loving annoying. I'm conceding a million goals.

Also this is a pretty fun and cheap squad. Jackson Martinez is a loving beast. 86 strength, 85 jumping, 82 pace with 84 finishing and 86 heading accuracy.
http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/1024111/

Only weakness is Bodmer so taking suggestions on replacements
Marco Verratti?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Just got the game, played a few games of FUT, second game saw me have two shots on goal (both terrible no-hoper efforts) but win anyway after my RW got a weak shot off in the 89th minute, it pretty much slowly coasted just above the ground towards goal, and the other team's centre-back hammered it in with a diving header. I feel that kinda encapsulates the FIFA 14 experience in a nutshell tbh.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Serie A got downgraded, too. It looks like the BPL stayed about the same. Some of the prices really confuse me and i see a bunch of players who dont seem particularly great going for crazy money. Fullbacks especially seem to be overpriced this year.
Fullbacks are overpriced every year and Serie A is particularly bad for it this year because there's just so few out there: http://www.futhead.com/14/players/lbrb/gold/all/11/all/all/all/all/all/rating/table/

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Reek posted:

sell the game already if it makes you whine this much
every.loving.year.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

zeldadude posted:

for a few hundred coins more than the cheapest BIN
no stop what are you doing

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Babby Thatcher posted:

the you suck rear end in a top hat police have now reached videogames ffs

Thanks EA, great feature that, Totally Awesome.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I just hammer buttons and usually get the "mowing down teammates with an imaginary AK" celebration, I'm a fan of that

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

im gay posted:

How is the PC port? It's $27 on Origin. Any goons on it?
It's functionally identical to the 360/PS3 version so

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

There's a substantial amount of autism-shaming in this thread and I'm not comfortable with it.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

hostile apostle posted:

Is this market crash temporary from 100K packs or something? I was making a fair amount of coin mass bidding this one player (~1.5K) and reselling at higher BIN, but the market has completely tanked now. I'm left with a lot of inventory. Should I just cut my loses or will the market come back at all?
I think prices usually re-stabilise after Christmas but there's a general downward trend in non-IF prices over time so you should always be shifting your inventory ASAP anyway so idk.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I feel like I should get some real teams together instead of my gimpy four-league hybrid squads but they're so well-tuned to my play-style and I love knocking them in with Big Jô

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

They didn't change Costa's nationality to Spain? I wonder if they will next year. I guess it isn't something that happens too often.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

hopterque posted:

Sorry, I think I mean the PC version of Fifa 11, which was back before the PC version was the exact same as the console versions so it was super terrible.
FIFA 11 PC had the same engine as the consoles.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

hopterque posted:

Noooooo it did not.

It had an upgraded version of the ps2/original xbox Fifa engine, but Fifa 12 was the first year when the PC really got straight ports of the xbox 360/ps3 versions.

e: it also wasn't even close to feature complete compared to any of the console versions, it was pretty bad.
It had, at the very least, the FIFA 10 engine, which was when they brought in that whole new engine that enabled stuff like 360-degree movement. It wasn't feature-complete and it wasn't a straight port but it had the 'current-gen' (at the time) engine.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I bet it was a different Soulex tbh.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

drbesty posted:

If they're so worthless how about you share them with a fellow goon so I can buy TOTS Modric :)
How about you get a job.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

RCarr posted:

If everyone did that EA Sports would be out of business.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Some disturbing heightism going on ITT.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

hopterque posted:

I'm Hard Gay and am getting it on PC who's with me?
I'm going to get it on PC like every year and then never play Pro Clubs because there's never enough people around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I'm gonna order it on PC because I don't have FIFA 14 anymore because the Chinese got into my account and did a chargeback for it and they won't give me it back now thanks EA you loving idiots :thumbsup:

• Locked thread