Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

oh em gee bee ess posted:

Is there a reason why Juninho isn't in FIFA's retarded list of top 20 free kick takers in the game? I mean the guy only scored an eye watering 75 direct free kicks. Arango #1 free kick taker is a bit dubious to me as well.

Never mind. Link for the curious: http://www.easports.com/fifa/news-updates-gameplay/article/fifa-14-top-20-free-kick-takers

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Sep 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

mynameisjohn posted:

is there a way to see what i made my security question? I don't have fifa 13 anymore and would like to use the web app and can't remember

e: nevermind, apparently the security questions just aren't working for a lot of people

Not working for me either. According to Rob Hodson on twitter they're aware and working on fixing it.

"@RobHodson_: Team's making progress on the security qu issue. When the fix happens your account will also be unlocked."

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Anyone access the web app who plans on going from Xbox to PS4? How does that work. Do I need to specify something. I don't want to miss out on free.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Great, the best player I got was Kevin De Bruyne.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

vaginal culture posted:

Is there a proper dench LB somewhere I could fit in that team?

like this guy looks to be a killer http://www.futhead.com/14/players/8269/gordan-bunoza/

Go with Christian Pander. Dude has a monster shot. He was downgraded from a 76 Gold to a 74 Silver though which may increase his price.

Also, that Camo Napoli kit is going to sell like gangbusters I bet. I'll admit I kind of want it.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Agreed with Pro Clubs being a top Video Gaming experience. Especially when you've played with the same core for years.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
If I can find a hot deal for the PC version I'll join the PC club since I'm already grabbing it for PS4 on release.

Edit: That will also require me to figure out my Origin name won't it.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Thanks for the info. $40 is probably worth it. Clubs is easily one of my favorite gaming experiences I have. It was actually slightly stressful when talking about the upgrade to next gen, but luckily we got most of our core team to transition.

I'll look up my Origin name when I get home and then request to join

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Ok, just bought the PC version. If you can add me, I'm SavetheTurtles on Origin. Same Avatar

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Sin Dios posted:

Origin can't find "SavetheTurtles".

Sent you a friend request.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Some PC Clubbin tonight?

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I can't believe they made the weather settings worse. I've played maybe six games across different game modes and haven't had a dry game yet.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5xyVUI2nCU

Here is some presentation about FIFA14 and next gen, which is something my friends are concerned with since we are (mostly) waiting for the PS4 release.

EDIT: I'm not sure it is worth watching. Not talking much about anything but presentation and animations and such. It's kind of disappointing if you're looking for next gen game play. He is currently talking about how the camera follows the ball a bit too long because that's what happens in real life because a cameraman can't react quick enough in real life. Or some poo poo :barf:

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 28, 2013

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

ZHamburglar posted:

FIFA 14 is currently free on the Google Play store right now.

It went free to play on mobile. It will always be free

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
PC people, how do I get these enb files working. I don't think it did everything after dropping the extracted files in the game folder

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
We just haven't discovered this year's Gundogan yet. Once more people have time to gently caress around with random players we won't find those bargain players. It's a cyclical thing.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Seltzer posted:

75% of goals scored are still finesse shots as well. I've tried before, but I really can't put my finger on why this game is so much worse than fifa 13. I still have a few days left to return it and I am seriously considering it despite the money I'll get back will all be in Gamestop in store credit which blows.

You can purchase amazon gift cards with GameStop points. May be called kindle gift cards but they're the same thing.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
He's going to end up getting an exclusive Lukaku IF card by EA I bet. Haven't they done that for other pros who are fans of the game?

Also, lol he has 88 sprint and 81 acceleration.

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 23, 2013

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

TheBigAristotle posted:

I wonder how non-superstars will look. Obviously there's a lot of detail in the people shown, but I wonder how far down that goes.

Either way, looks to be pretty interesting at the very least

Are we expecting more players scanned in for the Next Gen, because based on PC, they don't even get all of the clubs they have an agreement with. Players on Aston Villa like Weimann, and Benteke haven't been scanned in (which is a bummer to me).

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I've finally begun playing the game a bit this weekend. I started playing a few seasons games online, but when the girlfriend told me that I didn't seem like I was having fun things clicked. I'm avoiding online play as much as possible, and so far it's been fun. FUT Offline has been fun. The seasons are a little varied, and one match you might play a bad team on professional difficulty, the next game could be Everton on World Class difficulty.
It has kept things interesting so far. I still get to have fun team building, but since I'm not playing a bunch of douchebags with credit cards, there is less pressure to immediately get the top players immediately. It's been pretty nice not really caring. I've been bargain hunting and refusing to pay more than 1k for a player, mixing teams with bronze and gold players (silver players are all overpriced), and having a blast trying out different things. Getting promoted and winning seasons definitely helps with an infusion of coins. To those getting frustrated by the wankery of online play, I suggest playing some offline with your squads.

With that said. Koné is a beast. 4 star weak foot, good pace, strong shot, and cheap.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

RCarr posted:

I'd rather eat my Fifa disc than play single player.

I felt like that last year, but when I realized how miserable I was dealing with the ebb and flow of multiplayer I've found this much more relaxing and enjyoable. I'm sure I'll pop on multiplayer eventually and start screaming at the television, but for now I'm enjoying playing FIFA. :shrug:

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

RCarr posted:

Can you play FUT on easy and just rack up coins?

I believe there is a modifier for difficulty. Something like x.30 so you get 30% of the coins you should (because you couldn't do that math in your head).

Disclaimer: That is a made up modifier.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
It's similar to a trackpad on a notebook. It is capable of understanding where on the touchpad your clicking, but it is just one button.

As far as PS4 clubs, I know my club is all waiting for the PS4 version and most of us will be there from Day 1.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

TheBigAristotle posted:

We'll have to have Finn tap you up, maybe set up some kind of shock swoop

Don't mistake the fact that I have a group of people all getting FIFA 14 and a PS4 at the same time to mean that we're any good. We are awful.

KDdidit posted:

What's the strategy for just starting FUT and working up with limited coins. I've got my starting crap players and some coins. Obviously play games to get more coins, but when I get them is my best bet just to buy good players one at a time or get packs and hope for good players to plug in (and what kind of packs)?

Play in the single player stuff. Easy to get coins. Even on PC I've been able to build an average gold team after maybe ten games. When you win a division or tournament you get a decent coin boost. Also, stick with cheap players, and it may be worth purchasing a new player over renewing another's contract at the beginning.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Keepers seem much, much worse in online play. Especially against headers, but that seems to have been discussed to death already. Otherwise, games seem to play out in about the same way. I will say that lag seems to affect the game worse than in past years. In 13 I could put up with being on the wrong side of the host, this year it is insufferable.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Bundesliga LB = Pander

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Soulex posted:

So, first video is out. I'm not trying to be a youtube superstar, this is something I enjoy doing and have been meaning to do for a while. I should have a few more episodes up within the week. Both squad building, and where I actually go against players etc. If you like it, subscribe and like. If not, tell me why please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OS6m6LgomA

The only thing I ask, is to give me some ideas or whatever for squads. I currently have 5 to include the one I just did. I'm needing to build one more at least for fitness reasons.

Great video Soulex. Clean and clear audio is great. Can't wait for the next one!

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Despite there being very few people playing Clubs on PS4, they seemed to have done a good job updating and streamlining it. The fact that you can't pick your kit based on the other team is a weird decision but it's only been a problem once in maybe a dozen games we've played. I haven't noticed any latency problems yet either.

The game is worth playing alone because of the new engine. It looks so good. We giggle at every replay they show of fouls because of how brutal they look:

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

barren_sky posted:

Just bought this on PS4 and can't seem to find any sort of offline team league mode. I just want to pick my favorite team and try to win a cup or two.

I don't know what this is, but if you could expand I'd be happy to try and help when I get home tonight.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

barren_sky posted:

Thanks for that. It must be just the Be A Pro manager mode I need to try. I thought that was something different. I'll give it a shot. Hopefully I can automate things like player scouting, etc, so I can just focus on kicking the ball.

Yea, you'll want the Manager mode. Typically when it starts it will ask you if you want to be a player, manager, or player-manager.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I think players are still settling as they work their way back down the Divisions as it is every year. But additionally, with the adjusted physics, a lot of techniques that have worked in the past need to be tweaked or readjusted for this year. Players can't always easily speed and bump their way through the back line, easy to get knocked off the ball, the ball itself falling anywhere, and momentum makes it very easy to pull a player out of position defensively.

I think the game feels great on PS4, and these are just new adjustments to get used to. I've been doing a lot of FUT single player as I get used to it (plus I need to get used to not playing with an Xbox controller).

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
^^ Yes.

RCarr posted:

Is there anywhere I can see these brutal tackles from the next gen engine? I want to show a friend. He doesn't believe me they changed anything.

This is the one I posted on the last page from one of our clubs matches. Since it is currently a bit of a hassle to edit video -> upload to Facebook -> then make a gif, I don't have anymore, but I know we plan on capturing as many as we can going forward.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
So, I'm streaming some FIFA Ultimate Team now for an hour or so. https://www.twitch.tv/SavetheTurtles

Also, feel free to add me on PSN: SavetheTurtles. Let me know you're a goon as well.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Streaming FIFA Ultimate Team for a bit: https://www.twitch.tv/SavetheTurtles

EDIT: Yay! 3-0 tonight with a title and my first opponent rage quit!

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 22, 2013

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Make money in three ways:
1. Buy Packs, sell the cards
2. Try your hand at the market
3. Win games and tournaments. There are quite a few profitable SP tournaments and seasons in UT that net a lot of coins. Easy to beat with a cheap Bronze team.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
So far the only player from my cheap La Liga squad I'd reccommend is Diego Lopez. He is pretty good.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Wow, it's really exciting to see someone in this thread hit the jackpot. :)

I'm trying my hardest not to spend real money this year, but may throw in :10bux: to fund something. I'm not much for the trading aspect, especially since I can't access the website while at work.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
It seems to be a slow endeavor finding an opponent for a 4star team.

EDIT: Ugh. Lag makes this unplayable...

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 26, 2013

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
CDM Lahm TOTW? Time to make him a striker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Ugh...The PS4 player base is a bunch of turds. I go up 1-0 early and dominate the game so they quit before the half...wtf? W/E That's Div9 down. So far two division in, and two trophies won.

• Locked thread