Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I didn't buy FIFA13 because it was poo poo. If FIFA14 isn't poo poo I will consider buying it. I doubt any official blog can provide me with the information I need.

but it wasn't poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

mynameisjohn posted:

this game is poo poo. the defending is terrible you feel like you're on skates.

the full version will be a world of difference if last year is any indication

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
The new ball physics are pretty tits, scored a tasty outside the foot 25 yarder with Mkhitaryan last night...

And yes...the ball sounds are pleasingly amplified.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

hopterque posted:

So I just got from division ten to division one in h2h seasons without a single failed promotion, and 8 of them were division titles. If I can win Div1 on my first try I'm gonna pat myself on the back super loving hard.

Record is like 55 wins 12 draws 8 losses.

All this on 2013 obviously, but I gotta get in shape for 14.

yeah but what team/teams are you using?

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Nice of them to start you off with a full squad so you can play right away...too bad you can't sell them :(

RPL looking to be cheap as hell this year...looking forward to owning bones with a front three of Doumbia, Dzyuba/Kokorin, and Honda.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Seltzer posted:

I'm pissed Bruno Alves went to Fener. They moved Hubocan to LB as well. Now Boccetti is the only decent CB in the Russian League.

I'm going to try to use Corluka and Neto as my Bruno replacements. Douglas also looks pretty beastly.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Here is my budget RPL squad:

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/423071/

Will upgrade to Akinfeev, Doumbia, Gonzalez, McGeady and M'Vila when i get some more coins.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
yeah no idea it was such a chore, Bruno Alves had over 30 goals for me in FUT, 95% were headers from a corner.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
I've also been playin FUT since 11 and have opened probably somewhere in the region of 50+ premium packs, all through match coins/division wins and whatnot. In that time i have pulled a Casillas, Balotelli and Walcott....it is a total crap shoot.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Soviets posted:

Any word yet on an Xbox FC Parmos that will accept smelly Americans?

There should probably be an American only Parmos...which i will then join.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Tzen posted:

First game of FUT on FIFA 14 and I go up against Navas/Torres/Willian/Nasri/Vidic/Kompany/Lloris :shepface:
Even with the early release, how the gently caress does someone have a squad that good this early? Fifa points I guess?

You underestimate the amount of actual money idiots are willing to spend on FUT.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Machinegunboyo posted:

Agreed, I just want to be able to whip someone on skill alone and I can't be bothered to trade a shitload of coins for the best players and work out the best ways to exploit the system. Seasons it will be for me.

The thing is....you can still do this with a mediocre squad because the amount of lovely players in FUT is on a much larger scale than Seasons.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Stupid question...but how do i put in the dash for the FUT pack redeem code?! The dash is greyed out for me.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Tzen posted:

You don't, it'll get put in automatically.

yeah i'm an idiot.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
My RPL squad is basically complete: http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/542024/

Honestly like Wakaso better at LM then Gonzalez this year and Cisse is pretty interchangeable with Kokorin as the second striker for now. Still need to get a grasp on how to work this chemistry card voodoo to get the most out of these guys.

Injuries are a LOT more prominent this year, definitely prudent to have a deep squad assembled.

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 25, 2013

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
I'm pretty sure it is xbox.

What camera do you guys use for Pro?

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Soviets posted:

Here's the link. I don't have any more time to play tonight. I have a physics exam tomorrow, but I'll be on in the afternoons and evenings most days probably.

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/clubs/FFA14XBX/37279/overview

Also EA's website is awful. Who'd have seen that coming.

Joined as babeitskiy.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
I'm actually having a horrible time with assisted through balls, i think i'll have to switch to semi-assisted, i'm too much of a baby for full manual.

It's mostly the ones were i just want to drop a ball into space for a lagging man to run on to.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Dollas posted:

I am a kid and here's my gold Netherlands team:

http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=esFwnHt6bdGB:360

Saving up coins for that special someone!

you might want to get some fullbacks?

or go three at the back

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

vaginal culture posted:

I am making coins hand over fist buying this gold israeli player for 250 coins and discarding him for 300

holy poo poo thanks for the tip

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

vaginal culture posted:

Is this sarcasm my friend? In truth I do not know.

no sarcasm friend, very appreciative for your nacho tip ;)

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Tzen posted:

Eder continues to be amazing and chipped shots continue to be hilariously overpowered:
http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/profile/media/XBOX/Tzen83/2014/video/172619197
Eder now has 4 goals in 5 games for me.

uh to be fair that is just a incredibly poor decision to rush the keeper, that's a goal in any version of fifa

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Xeno posted:

Bale is on the Spurs squad.

and the stadium of light is the stadia of dreams

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
i must of missed it, but was there a North American Parmos created?

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

mynameisjohn posted:

what is the xbox360, non-EURO, Pro Clubs situation/thread? I cannot find it in the armchair qb

would like to know this as well

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
i'll add you later tonight bud

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Finally figured out the proper formation for the RPL this year, 3-4-1-2.

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/1105702/

The trio of Witsel, Honda and Costa is fantastic...haven't lost a game with this configuration yet.

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 11, 2013

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
one armed pushup when i'm feeling saucy...

otherwise no celebration, i would hate playing you guys

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Wow, Benzema is garbage. I picked him up because his stats look great, but he's barely noticeable on the field. He doesn't even challenge for headers, despite decent height, strength, and heading ratings.

Sooo...pretty much spot on no?

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
imho, if you are "good at fifa" you can easily destroy though division 7/6 with a budget squad in FUT season.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

AVBrafaDiMatteo posted:

IIRC only one player is not in position (LW in a CM position), and I have a Russian Manager - I just looked it's at like 89%, so I'm an idiot. They're pretty boss for being "nobodies" (sans Honda).

Who are the best RPL strikers and forwards? Seems like the same 5-6 players are all that come up in the simple search of the market, but that there are tons of guys who have stats all in the 70s-85s and cost 400 coin.

Already got Honda, but apparently somebody else on my squad has ever better free kick/bend stats? Honda was ridiculous in 13, so seeing two players with 90+ ability on corners and free kicks is just awesome.

I rotate Kokorin, Doumbia, Rondon and Cisse up front. Wakaso is a GREAT super cheap LM and if you aren't using Ansaildi at LB you are missing out.

This is my squad for reference: http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/1105702/

Also, don't get why you have 89% chemistry with only one player out of position....why the gently caress are you playing a wing as a CM though?! So many good cheap CMs in RPL, fix that poo poo.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
have some lovely goals:

cisse with a half volley(deflected) from about 30+ yards:http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/profile/media/XBOX/babeitskiy/2014/video/175346407

mcgeady with a lovely curling shot from outside the box: http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/profile/media/XBOX/babeitskiy/2014/video/175346315

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
yeah i usually do a 2 games on-line seasons and 1 game single player seasons ratio

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
I didn't even know that the mutual quit was a thing. Thanks for the heads up...although it sounds useless.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

KDdidit posted:

What's the strategy for just starting FUT and working up with limited coins. I've got my starting crap players and some coins. Obviously play games to get more coins, but when I get them is my best bet just to buy good players one at a time or get packs and hope for good players to plug in (and what kind of packs)?

never ever buy packs to actually build up your squad

the market is already pretty saturated and you can get a pretty good squad(depending on what league you use) for discard prices

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
only next gen

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

NeoNaoNeo posted:

You're a dumb if you don't play seasons with either Madrid, Bayern or Columbia for the 4.5 star crowd

or you like challenging yourself

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

KDdidit posted:

Excellent, I'm already doing that. I have 2 squads, a Russian league squad and a French national squad. The French players are better, but they don't have the magical McGeady crosses it to Traoré goal button so they're my 2nd choice. Is Hulk worth it for a Russian league side that just cheeses headers?
http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/2229029/ Is there any other obvious upgrade? Other than Hulk they're all cheap.

Speaking of, there's a 2k coin tournament that only requires a few Russian league players that goes for another day. It's only professional level so it's easy cash.

I have been running this squad http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/1105702/, Costa and Witsel are too good not to use together.

If you don't want to upgrade to Danny on LM, i'd try Wakaso, incredibly strength, Gonzalez is too easy to bump off the ball this year.

And i would say Hulk is definitely worth it, he is impossible to bump off the ball and i have scored some insane long shots with him cutting in from the wing. He can also be had for under 20k these days.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

NeoNaoNeo posted:

Cool I look forward to reading about your next FUT squad made entirely of bronze players with pace less than 50, more 'challenge' more fun!

i am no FIFA superstar, vaginal culture

but yeah, i honestly don't get any enjoyment playing with stacked teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
what's the flair modifier for xbox, RT?

edit: god drat it

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 11, 2013

• Locked thread