Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I was looking for an excuse to drop this show after last season and Silas making everyone believe he's Stefan - leading to the usual wacky hijinks - looked like just the thing, but then this exchange happened:

Liz - What are you doing?
Silas - I'm outing myself as not-Stefan.

...and I'm back :allears:

Haven't seen The Originals yet and from what you guys are saying, seems like I'm not missing much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

I just rewatched the first Vampire Diaries and as if to illustrate my point about how rubbish Klaus became I noticed that Elena has him as a contact in her phone book.

What? It all checks out: Klaus only killed Elena's aunt in front of her, so the phone book is as far as she'll let him go. Damon, on the other hand, is a pro and went straight for the little brother; he's now in a lot more than Elena's phone book :quagmire:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Midnight City posted:

I really don't want to be overly negative considering we're on season 5 and I've known it the entire time, but somebody needs to take away the god drat reset button on deaths. I'd seriously pay $10 to somebody going back and just counting up how many times someone's been dead to not dead. There's no way it's under 25 bare minimum.

At this rate there's absolutely nothing that can happen on this show that I feel one way or another about. Did somebody die? Who cares they'll come right back. If not they'll annoy the poo poo out of us as a ghost. Or the xeroxed copy will show up. Characters that should be gone aren't (Bonnie), and characters who shouldn't be gone are (Rick / Tyler).

I am Jack's raging apathy.

Nothing ever had much weight in this show, either for the deceased or the killer. You just gotta roll with it, I guess. Also, you don't want Tyler gone?

Regarding Alaric, I like him as much as everyone here, but he wouldn't work now that Damon's hugging people left and right and trying to resurrect Elena's loved ones instead of killing them.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

I just want the series to tell a new story rather than the same reheated poo poo since season two.

Gotta keep that triangle rolling.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

No new thread for S6 and even with a second show in tow, I had to drag this one up from page 4... seems like I wasn't the only one dropping the show somewhere last season. Well, a few days ago I saw an ad and got curious. Fast-forward to now and I'm all caught up; guess I still care. Few thoughts:

- The second half of season 5 was just as mediocre as the first. Nothing's really standing out for me to comment on. Season 6 is mostly pretty cool so far.
- Binge watching is still the preferable method to watch the show. Oh the joy of skipping ahead all the pointless crap.
- gently caress yeah Alaric's back.
- Pairing Damon with Bonnie was a brilliant choice as both characters improved. I no longer hate Bonnie! In fact, their scenes have been the best part of the season for me.
- Jeremy remains the worst. Just... the worst.
- Tyler remains a close second.
- Matt remains useless.

For the two posters up above that suck at TV : crazy fratri/sororicidal guy said the teleport could only happen in a specific location (that cave in Mystic Falls).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

|Ziggy| posted:

They were giving Bonnie blood so Liv could get them out, not use the same spell that got Damon out. As you probably saw, Damon and Elena were transported out while standing around her house. Thus, meeting in the middle should have worked. I think it's you that sucks at TV.

Well yeah but... I mean.... hmm, so that really was just another pointless dumb obstacle in a long, long list of pointless dumb obstacles. Apologies to Shakugan and Bogwitt. Truly, they are the better watchers of this vampire soap about alcoholic teenager psychopaths.

• Locked thread