Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Honestly excited for this game as the amount of Action RPGs with any effort at all put into them is pretty miniscule.

Totally preordering this as soon as Amazon lets me, suck it haters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Arzachel posted:

The last entry in the series couldn't classify as having any effort put into it by any stretch, so I am curious what exactly makes you excited for this one, but I do hope many more goons follow your lead. If this ends up being less of a trainwreck than DA2 and ME3, I'll be somewhat disappointed.

First of all DA2 had a lot going against it but it's still one of the better action RPGs of this generation purely because it's competing with garbage like LOTR: War in the North. I don't like the Two Worlds or Dragons Dogma style of RPGs so this is pretty much it when it comes to fantasy RPGs that might interest me.

Besides that; the videos they have up on Game Informer look good, longer development time, Mike Laidlaw and Mark Darrah actually seem like they acknowledge that DA2 was flawed and Biowares marketing of it was flawed. I like Bioware and I like the setting, I also enjoyed the first half to two thirds of DA2 and all of ME3 once they released the extended ending. Bioware doesn't need to prove anything to me.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Lotish posted:

The evil behind the scenes is literally the Maker himself and he's going to purge the world like he was going to before he married Andraste. It turns out the only way to stop them is to use Andraste's Ashes to resurrect his dead bride as a lyrium ghost who will explain that the cycle of destruction will continue because mages and nonmages cannot coexist. You can choose to make everyone mages, take away all magic from the world by causing all the lyrium to explode, or marry the Maker and create a new world in your own image.

Yo if I could gay-marry God at the end of this or any game it would be the best loving thing.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Lotish posted:

If they bring Hawke back, I don't think the Keep save import tool will be able to handle anything but the default Hawke; maybe they'd allow PC users to directly port their Hawke over, but I'm not one to hold my breath.

Why would you think the Keep couldn't handle anything besides default Hawke? Do we know more about it other than it exists and is cross platform yet? From what I understand it's gonna be an official version of Gibbed's save editor, maybe mixed with the comic thing they made for Mass Effect. I don't know how that would limit you to default Hawke.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Pick posted:

It's funny as all hell when fans do weird poo poo. In one of the behind-the-scenes pics from Bioware, it shows someone with the "Dragon Age 2 beefcake calendar" on their desk, and that fan got a C&D so obviously they weren't actually on board with it. It's just funny it happened.

It's honestly kind of ridiculous that you think that because some folk wrote a game you didn't like that they're literally retarded and can't enjoy or process things like normal people.

But that ruins the narrative that Bioware is literally the worst game company who are the worst writers and take themselves super seriously and only care about the BSN fans!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Mymla posted:

I'm not gonna say they look bad, but it looks a little bit weird to have almost photorealistic faces and plastic hair. But then, that's kind of been a thing in Bioware games since like Mass Effect.

Hair is apparently really hard to animate well. My friend sent me a quote yesterday about FFXV saying that the only difference in that game between the gameplay models and the higher polygon CGI models is the hair.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I have no memory of Cullen. I played DA:O and DA2, but I have no idea who he is. Is he just from the books/comics?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Darth Windu posted:

I never said DA3 is going to suck? I think it looks amazing and will be a Good Game, whereas this forum seems to be the one with the gimmick.

The forums are incapable of praising any RPGs not made by Obsidian. I think this games gonna be pretty sweet and the only reason I haven't preordered is I haven't decided whether to make the jump to next gen yet. My dream game is a fantasy version of Mass Effect 2, so I'm hoping this will come close to satisfying that for me.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Krowley posted:

Yeah, certainly there's no reason to be cautious when it comes to Bioware games the last few years.

Bioware made 1 bad game and one good game with a lovely ending.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Disco Infiva posted:

From Mark Darrah, Executive Producer of Dragon Age: Inquisition

I’m writing to let you know that Dragon Age: Inquisition has a new release date of November 18, 2014 in North America (November 21st in EU). We appreciate the enormous support we’ve received from all of you to get to this point, and while this extra few weeks may not seem like a lot, I know the game you’ll play will be all the better for it.

Since we began working on Dragon Age: Inquisition almost four years ago, our goal was to create the best Dragon Age experience ever. It was that goal that motivated many of our decisions: moving to Frostbite, bringing race choice and customization back, improving tactical camera, building a team of characters whose relationships evolve based on your actions, and most importantly, crafting an epic, nation-spanning story that both draws upon past games and takes you to many new places in the realm of Thedas.

I’m privileged to be a part of a team that has been working very hard to surpass every measure they’ve set for themselves. That has meant completing huge amounts of game content, fixing bugs both big and small, and improving the overall experience. This last bit of time is about polishing the experience we want you to see. Ensuring that our open spaces are as engaging as possible. Strengthening the emotional impact of the Hero's choices. And ensuring the experience you get is the best it can be in the platform you choose to play on.

Thank you again for your patience and support!

Mark

Cool, my October was pretty saturated with games I wanted to buy and this eases that up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Zyntherius posted:

why would anyone pre-order any game that's coming out..

all your doing is paying for extra content which is basically "Pay to win" items in a single player game. Doesn't really make sense

I buy everything from Amazon and when you preorder from them they don't charge you till it ships, and they also charge you whatever the lowest price the item was at between when you placed the order and when it ships. $60 isn't that big a deal to me since I only buy a couple games a year and I have no desire to wait till things hit the bargain bin.

• Locked thread