Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I hope this game will be great, as I like the character Big Boss, and want to see what happens between this and the Original Metal Gear.

Gameplay mechanics wise, MGS always had this rigid way of doing things, either intentionally or by coping with severe limitations of consoles (MGS 4 being the intentional, the latter being every other Metal Gear). With this Fox Engine, I hope we'll be able to control snake like Kojima always wanted to make him to via the cutscenes of the past Metal Gear Solids.

Any Metal Gear Solid knows that there is a lot of Big Boss fellatio going on in cutscenes, but with nothing to prove it because we've never seen him, so we, the player are expected to just accept it and deal with it. Metal Gear Solid V will show why everyone knows his name.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I still think Kiefer is perfect for Big Boss. He's gonna turn into a bad guy, and we're gonna enjoy it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Blackheart posted:

That's weird because since I heard The Boss first, now I only hear her reading the news instead of the other way around.

Doesn't she voice Wonder Woman in the cartoons?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

I'd like to think that is Solid snake actually showing a shocked sense of disappointment on his face from learning this fact.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Hollenhammer posted:

archive.org still has it though. Go check it out

That's wierd. I just checked and it's not there.

It's a shame because that LP was loving hilarious.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Celery Face posted:

I'm replaying MGS2 and I just realized something: why did Emma decide to work on an offshore oil rig if she was afraid of heights and insanely afraid of water?

To face her fears?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Miffed, but not surprised at exclusive content for the PS4.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
They just said Hideo's Preview is coming on the stream. Get ready.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So is Ground Zeroes basically one map of the Hitman: Contracts portion of Absolution?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
If you want a Chopper to show up, you'd better send a clear message while it's covering fire and providing your means of extraction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_t2HDFM4nQ

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I still think Kiefer is cool, seasons of 24 make me think he's perfect for a focused, serious big boss. Serious Boss.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I don't get it though, they mentioned that Solidus Snake was the perfect clone, so unless he was going through the same stage the other sons did, we could have a complete clone of big boss running around Africa, working for the CIA right when Big Boss himself intervenes.

OR maybe he was literally going through the same stages the other sons did, and it was a younger big boss clone training kids, which might explain why Raiden didn't even recognize Solidus until Solidus himself explained it all. But if it was a Younger version, he wouldn't look like what is supposed to be liquid around this time, because that would be wierd. A kid working for the CIA doing dark super spy poo poo sounds like a 1984 movie.

Either way, we're all acting under the assumption that everything we know now is true. Kojima already said he's gonna do some changes to what's already out, and not to freak out about it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Solid has his dad's hair, Liquid has his mother's hair.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
As for the music, I loving love the Metal Gear Solid music more because it just feels cold and desolate, but it sounds like there is a crisis going on and you have a mission to carry out, like you're in an action movie. It fits perfectly I think.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Does anyone actually enjoy revengence? This poo poo is just pissing me off as I keep dying because:

Enemies have a too wide range of attacks
Parry is the most bullshit thing as I rarely pull it off unless I stand still and wait, and them if I block one attack the enemy just breaks throw my defense.
Enemies have insane health unless you parry at the right time then get you qte to cut them up.

This game is not fun.

Seriously, this was my thought when the demo first came out on the consoles and I didn't get how to parry anything, and it really put me off until the PC port came out.

Like they linked before, watch the Chipcheezum primer, Offensive Defense is a priority one move to purchase as soon as you have a chance to purchase stuff.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Holy poo poo.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

havenwaters posted:

Fulton's back. Wonder what else will show up tomorrow after more people see and sneak pictures of the gameplay demo.

How can you put up trailers of super serious war, and have the disillusioned war hero pop out of a box to tranq a guy, plus fultoning a ram.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Is it possible that all this time you're playing as Solidus or something, and the end cutscene you lift up your eyepatch to reveal an eye?

This also kinda explains how Big shell was built just like this particular facility, due to Ocelot being there. But it doesn't really explain why they'd build a facility with specs dating around the 1980s somewhere in America in MGS2. Was it just that reliable?

So many questions, no chance to answer any of them right now.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Elephant Ambush posted:

It would be really nice if a single one of these complaints was, you know, new, and not the exact same copy/paste eyeroll-worthy white noise whining we've all had to endure for the past 10 years on these forums.

Just sayin'.

I seriously hope you're trolling because these idiotic theories about not really playing as Big Boss are getting incredibly tiresome.

Honestly? Considering big boss has a piece of shrapnel stuck to his forehead would probably suggest he is probably big boss. But I am serious about Big Shell though. It's a little too similar.

I still want to see if there's a guy running around africa training child soldiers, and from interrogation you figure out from this guy who looks like you that you got kids, but none that you really asked for. Or maybe it's probably from Eli, who knows, we'll see when it comes out.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Whatever, I like the way the game is going. I want to see why this dude becomes a bad guy. It's not exactly shakespeare, but Shakespeare didn't have you kidnapping soldiers and goats, and popping out of boxes knocking people out.

That being said...Is MGS better than shakespeare??

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Oh damnit. I thought he said "We'll dine on their ashes, carry them onto battle." suggesting they'd be ritualistically adding the ashes onto their food and eating them like some sort of hardcore hosed up Warrior cult.

Which is exactly what this is looking to be.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
They probably said unknown assailant because not everyone has played Metal Gear Solid 1.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
sort of counterpoint. Lords of shadow 2.

Can't tell you how badly I wanted that to be good. Both the followup to the first, The Mirror of Fate, and the sequel itself. I get the feeling that the cutscenes are right, but the gameplay is awful though. I hear Kojima had a hand in the storytelling, so maybe it's just Mercury Steam that I wish did a better job at the game.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
After seeing the last part of the chip cheezum uncut, it really puts it in a different perspective. Like a "Wow, how can you fall for this tripe" attitude.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm a big fan of 24, and I think Kiefer Sutherland can definitely pull it off.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Grinning Goblin posted:

Look, at this point a sappy romance between Jack and Rose is just a sinking ship.

And Outer Heaven is a ship in MGS4? Coincidence?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
That's the kind of swastika that you put on a custom piece of armor and put up on the nexus, and argue it's not promoting the third reich.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Butt Ghost posted:

I'm sorry for Kotaku, and this is only tangentially related, but OH MY GOD.

That's pretty loving crazy.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Thanks for pointing it out. I like that you can find a player and if you're good enough, steal his poo poo and leave.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Iacen posted:

Since this is the catch-all MGS thread, this is kinda amazing/sad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLGSxQifJW0

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=15510

Well that sucks. I thought there was a news thing before where Kojima took a look at it and said he was cool with it?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I really hope it's not all desert combat.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Flytrap posted:

God, I hated that about Red Dead Redemption. In Elder Scrolls games there's at least a good chance of running into a neat set piece or a cave to plunder. Traveling in RDR just felt like one big empty load screen.

Maybe it's you, but I had an awesome time in RDR because the music was awesome, and the game was beautiful and I felt like I was in a western, even when travelling. Again for me, when I walked to places in Skyrim for the first time on the Xbox 360 launch, I never felt so bored in an elder scrolls game, so maybe it's a me thing.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
What's wierd is, the tank scene from twin snakes was a little more realistic than the original scene, but everything else was balls to the wall crazy.

Let me correct myself, the first tank shot was a little more realistic on Twin snakes than the original.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 27, 2014

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I would absolutely love doing a mission gamescom presented as co-op. It's like a carefully militarized saint's row. I think i'll use that as a definition for MGSV from now on.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
What the gently caress, I missed everything!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Kojima and Co should have Jetstream sam as a secret assist. Order him to run into the middle of the field, flaunting and taunting at the soldiers, letting them get close before he murders them in a spectacular fashion.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Can you fulton snakes?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Godamnit, I missed everything again! What happened? A dog with an eyepatch? it's all i know.

EDIT: I like how ocelot nods in agreement when the dog really likes you on that scene.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I hope this game really succeeds. It looks like everything I want in a Metal Gear game, and it's now under an engine where you don't have really awkward controls or animations.

If Kojima said he's finally making the game he wanted to make after 27 years, I believe it.

Kinda weirded out by the made up names for weapons, he's usually real spergy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
They haven't shown new weapons, but I sincerely hope there is at least an M60.

• Locked thread