Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Fuzz posted:

because for some lovely reason they didn't HDify it liker everything else.

Kojima didn't direct it so he doesn't like it. Kaz even makes fun of it right at the start of Peace Walker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Aurain posted:

Subsistence is the MGS3 one. I recall reading that MGS2's PC port was dog poo poo bad, like the Xbox one. The content of Substance is fine.

As someone who's played both the Xbox and PC versions, the PC port is a god awful mess and the absolute worst version of the game. Even if you get it to run (which is a loving chore) it's barely playable, the frame rate is power-point presentation levels for the whole game and all the cutscenes are in Japanese w/ English subtitles. One of the worst PC ports in history.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

John Luebke posted:

Yeah, the VA bit is bullshit if you consider that Substance never even had japanese VA until the HD collection.

The PC version was my first experience with MGS2, except for some graphical glitches during the bridge opening and missing effects it ran fine, though good luck getting the game to run properly on any current system.

I haven't played it in years so I'm likely remembering it wrong. I totally remember all the audio being in Japansese. I still have it lying around so I'll go reinstall it and check. :psyduck:

e: to add to the topic; I've been ready for a Kojima game that wasn't MGS since MGS2. Konami really need to let the guy make something new. I'd love to see him tackle a totally new IP.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Ausmund posted:

So those that have seen the leaked footage and without spoiling anything, how is Kiefer's take on Snake? Does he make the character better or too early to tell?

Very, very good. It takes a bit to get used to but he's fantastic in the role.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

The box is loving camouflaged. :allears:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I just realized the "MATHERBASE" thing in the TPP pre-order chart isn't a typo. Mather is a given name meaning "powerful army". Either the DLC exclusive personel are going to be uber-soldiers or there's actually going to be a distinction between Matherbase and Motherbase.

Kojima. :psyduck:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

His name will still be in the end credits... right!?

Produced, Directed and Written by ALAN SMITHEE

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

El Hefe posted:

I really hope there's a "Date with Quiet" mission

And hell why not a "Date with Skullface" too

Both of these are essential. Also "Date with D-Walker"

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

In Training posted:

That's kind of a silly criticism. There's very few creative works in existence that are completely flawless.

MGS4 has a lot of clear areas for improvement, though. Basically the entirety of Act 3 could be removed without seriously affecting the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Also that tranquilizing enemies with headshots from the Mk. 23 is the most boring way to do a no-kills run but also objectively the most effective way, so the only way you'll really use all the bullshit improvisational strategies that make no-kill runs so great is to self-impose a no-tranq rule.

I'm grasping at straws here.

• Locked thread