Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

swamp waste posted:

Peace Walker requires you to roll with some weird poo poo; you have to like the surreal funny side of Metal Gear to enjoy it. Luckily, I do like that.

It has loving grinding in it though. It's not required except for the very end / postgame but that still sucks. Grinding boss fights in an MGS game isn't something I want to do.

In my eyes, the only major flaw in Peace Walker is that it replaces all the crazy and interesting human bosses of the other MGS games and replaces them with giant robots. It's kind of cool since it's like you're fighting another Metal Gear every 5 missions or so, but I was kind of hoping to fight more men that shoot bees at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm thinking Skullface might just be a placeholder voice of sorts. Maybe he is a character from a past game and they just didn't want the voice to reveal it months before the game even comes out.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Don't forget he was breeding POISONOUS ZANZIBAR HAMSTERS for his own evil ends!
And somehow managed to brainwash every soldier in the Zanzibar Land army into freezing completely when the national anthem is played.

I'm hoping Big Boss isn't retconned into being a nice guy who's merely framed as the villain by the Patriots. I want to see 2 desperate men throw away all their morals for revenge. The shittier BB's situation is, the more drastic the measures he takes until he's recruiting soldiers nicknamed "Shoot Gunner" and "Jungle Evil".

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I cried when I heard the homeless man shouting "gently caress You!" during Psycho Mantis' death scene.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sprat Sandwich posted:

It's Vic Boss you D rank soldier!

Dumbass probably doesn't even know Santa is real

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
For those of you who watched the stream: Is the roll back?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

K8.0 posted:

Shoulda used Kaz instead.

well you won't have to worry about that

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
mission where Snake must teach a young Armstrong how to play football so he can get a scholarship

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fargin Icehole posted:

Kojima might as well make Metal Gear Solid 6 and 7 have you play as Major Zero to get any idea of why he's such a prick that needs to be stopped, If they won't accurately portray him as a Villain in 5. He murdered most of your people and made you lose everything, including an arm and 9 years of your life. Sounds like a good start so far.

Skull Face doesn't work for Zero

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the ponytail's alright but I think the big piece of shrapnel lodged in his head is even cooler

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Frankston posted:

Can someone explain to me in short layman terms what Kaz has been doing? I've tried to read the metal gear wiki but my eyes just glaze over at the walls of text.

Basically the entire plot of Peace Walker was a huge plot by Kaz who was collaborating with Zero in order to grow MSF into the world's greatest military ocean funhouse. Kaz didn't really mean to hurt Big Boss with it but I don't think he'd be pleased to hear his 2nd in command was working with his worst enemy.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The "creative differences" was probably Konami wanting Kojima to do a dozen more Metal Gear sequels, Kojima refusing because he'll probably be burned out on Metal Gear come September, then Konami throwing a shitfit and firing him

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
you'd be surprised at the things a dog will do for a Calorie Mate

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
ground zeroes is free on PS+ now if you haven't played that poo poo yet

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
you get a secret recorded phone conversation if you beat every single mission

edit: you can also unlock Paz's diary

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
so we've got robo-CQC
superfast zombie enemies that can outrun a horse
the possibility to put a snake in your pocket and throw it at dudes so they have to wrassle with it

why did they fire Kojima again?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Snake never suspected a thing what with Kaz constantly distracting him with naked shower wrestling matches

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
From all of Kaz's rants in the trailers it sounds like Kaz is going off the deep end too, the split's probably going to come from them both being totally batshit crazy, just in different ways.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
some of the best parts of the MGS series have been about the cool boss fights against people with weird powers and poo poo, and for PW they decided instead to turn it into monster hunter where the monster can carpet bomb you

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RJWaters2 posted:

Are we going to have to put D-Horse out of its misery or is he safe because we did the same to Boss's horse already?

D-Horse is invincible, as the previews apparently say.

Hopefully that means we get to see strategies where you strap C4/Sleep Gas Mines onto your horse and send them towards enemies

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
playing as Quiet would be pretty cool if they let you do that weird super jump thing she can do

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Big Boss still believes in Santa Claus

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Terminally Bored posted:

- the game will loving own
- most previewers didn't play Peace Walker and have trouble understanding the lack of codec
- people played for 15 hours and didn't even see half of the story, playtime may go into triple digits if you're intent on getting the 100%
- it's not really open world because each mission takes place in a big designated hot zone
- you can freeroam the whole map though picking stuff up and completing sideops
- some of the songs on the collectable casettes are "disappointing covers of a classic tune" (Eurogamer)
- Sutherland has really few lines and everybody made the "he was expensive" comment
- some people didn't have any options to customize mother base but maybe they didn't unlock them yet
- there are probably more buddies than the dog, horse, quiet and mech
- Johnny: one of the tapes contains the sounds of one soldier making GBS threads himself
- there's a second silly hat you get if you suck really bad and fail using the chicken hat
- the game will loving own

- one of the radios plays the broadcast from PT

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
If you beat all the side ops you get a secret tape where Kaz screams "friend of the family" at a comedy club

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Terminally Bored posted:

- the game again generates animal names for soldiers, but it's funnier this time: Brass Armadillo, Dizzy Centipede, Sinister Tiger or Ochre Capybara

why didn't all the previews mention this, this is the best part

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
we need to decide on a goon name for our forward operating bases

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RoanHorse posted:

I have a hard time believing you, a person that still calls people retarded, about the nuanced opinions being presented in a video game made by a guy who's best game had a segment where you could knock out and drag an npc woman through mud and she'd mumble about how horny that makes her feel while you did it.

i dont remember that happening in peace walker

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
is big boss retarded? find out in metal gear solid 5 the phantom pain

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
"violence towards defenseless people" aka what's gonna happen when i own all of you online

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I just want more footage of Big Boss strapping balloons to animals

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
dont turn that dial now we're just getting started

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
im sure it'll be fine. this reviewer gave the order 1886 an 8 out of 10 so I'd take what he says with a grain of salt

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
$200,000 for every grunt and growl

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jack Trades posted:

Waaait a minute. Does this mean that we'll be able to make bling for our guns made out of our fallen soldiers? Did I get that right?
How else do you "bring them [diamond] with us to battle"?

Unless they maybe just simple jewelry or just put that poo poo in the pocket but that sounds too boring for Kojima.

instead of empty magazines you throw diamonds which is a much better distraction imo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
his main complaint seems to be that it was a viable option for him to just run around and shoot everything without dying instantly

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

MeatwadIsGod posted:

That's true. I wonder what jam Big Boss will get Jackie out of this time? :ohdear:

I like Sean Istone a lot. He did a ton of those MGS4 in-game podcasts and was primarily responsible for the Shadow Moses chapter.

I like the dudes who do those playthroughs, the narrator has a soothing voice.

No MGR2 announcement kinda sucks, but I'm sure Platinum is working on it right now in some capacity.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Davincie posted:

wonder if we can play as kaz and quiet this time around...

press the action button to limp around and shout racial slurs

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
holy poo poo there was so much in that trailer

I was afraid they might show too much in this one but this brought up about a million more questions than answers

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I really want to see the Frog 2.0s in action now, they way they shook around like Japanese horror monsters was awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

net cafe scandal posted:

They already showed more gameplay than any other game coming out this year.

im a greedy little pig and I want more

• Locked thread