Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

All three seasons are listed on Amazon Instant Video now. This makes me ridiculously excited because I got rid of my satellite service over the summer and wasn't sure how I was going to get PoI to my tv.

Do they list when the S3 episodes will be available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

SpookyLizard posted:

Do they list when the S3 episodes will be available?

I didn't see a date anywhere, but went ahead and got the season pass so I'd have them as soon as they were up. I was hoping being able to do that meant they'd stream the season concurrently with the network broadcast but I don't know for sure.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

How soon does iTunes typically get episodes after they air? I'm willing to bet amazon will be concurrent with however quickly itunes does it.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Thanks for that video Zaggitz, it reminded me of a whole bunch of stuff I'd forgotten since I binged watched the show last year. Excited for the return tonight! :dance:

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Zaggitz posted:

How soon does iTunes typically get episodes after they air? I'm willing to bet amazon will be concurrent with however quickly itunes does it.

I think it's the day after they air.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
If you're into that sort of thing, Jonah and Greg will be live-tweeting tonight's premiere through @POIWritersRoom. They'll be joined by Sarah Shahi (over at @onlysarahshahi).

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Oh Root!

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yessss. Glad I saw this thread 5 minutes before showtime, completely forgot about the change to Tuesdays.

Best non HBO/AMC show on TV as far as the Mrs. and I are concerned.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hell yeah let's do this, I've been looking forward to this all day.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
New intro'd!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yay updated opening!

Edit: haha that was a fantastic open scene.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Gee, I wonder who that terrorist in the nice suit is...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shaw needs to learn how to play nice with others.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Why is Carter a beat cop now? Is there something from last season that I don't remember?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

Why is Carter a beat cop now? Is there something from last season that I don't remember?

She got framed for shooting an unarmed man by HR.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

404GoonNotFound posted:

She got framed for shooting an unarmed man by HR.

Ah, right. I thought she beat that charge though.

Have they always showed the client of the week in the intro sequence, or is that a new thing?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

Ah, right. I thought she beat that charge though.

Have they always showed the client of the week in the intro sequence, or is that a new thing?

They've been doing that since the first season!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

They've been doing that since the first season!

Huh, well poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Root recap.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The machine is counseling Root. Also she has a new box - black with just yellow corners.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So the Machine and PRISM happened in this universe? drat son.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Person of Interest, we kind of lucked out and were ahead of the curve in the whole "government is watching everyone" thing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Secret club, with hookers. Also his buddy is probably the one causing trouble.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

drat that was one of Reese's slickest moves yet.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I hope I'm not the only one that saw that sailor hitting on Carter and thought for a second that Beecher rose from the dead and joined the Navy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wait aren't Jack and the other guy both AWOL at this point?

"It's a shame to waste a gun like this on kneecaps."

Garbo
May 30, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Wait aren't Jack and the other guy both AWOL at this point?

Yeah. I assume Finch did some computer stuff to fake them being checked in or something.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm sure Fusco will be able to heroically defuse that bomb and save the day.

"What?"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

And of course Elias comes out on top.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
ELIAS WINS

FLAWLESS VICTORY

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Haha, Shaw sitting there, eating a steak stuck on a knife.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Man Shaw is so awesome. Eating steak on a knife with her teeth.

Edit: I'm scared too Root. :stare:

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 25, 2013

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think we're all a little scared now Root.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
I missed the first few minutes of the episode -- do we have any idea why the Machine is helping Root?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Iowa Snow King posted:

I missed the first few minutes of the episode -- do we have any idea why the Machine is helping Root?

It said that it is "retasking" her as an asset. So we don't know why, but it's pretty clear from that and the thing at the end we just saw that it has some kind of broad master plan that Root is going to feature heavily in.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Foremost on the Machines mind when it comes to root is trying to fix her inherent hatred of normal people. Can't wait to see what it wants with her after that though.

Fun first episode back! A nice breather with a lot of funny/badass moments to let us readjust after the harrowing two parter the last season left on. I enjoyed that thoroughly.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Ah, thanks.

I guess every god needs a zealot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its funny but during that final pull out from Root the various technobabble stuff going on wasn't gibberish, there was actually a thing stating how the likelihood of violence involving the therapist was at 78% and rising.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
So, I watched the little Root intro they gave before her first portion of the show.

It says "Retasking Initiated. New Designation: Analog Interface" and then the square changes to the new Black with Yellow corners.

EDIT: Maybe the machine wants like a human representative, and wants to speak through Root? Thus being the Analog Interface for the machine?

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I'm a little surprised that they opened the season with a more by-the-numbers episode, but it says a lot about this show that so much can change from last season and that they can just re-adjust and keep going without missing a beat.

Looks like Carter is going to have her own thing kind of like Fusco's arc with HR, Root is mesmerizing as always, and Shaw is fantastic in her new role. I can't wait for the inevitable episode where she's stuck with Bear.

• Locked thread