Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

jscolon2.0 posted:

They're both great characters and not difficult to look at.

Root's easy on the eyes, but she's like one step away from being the chick who married the Eiffel Tower. Girl definitely needs more development because right now she's just a crazy Oregon Trail savant who's in love with a computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I am really liking Shaw. She's like Fiona from Burn Notice done right.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

MrFlibble posted:

Just finished rewatching season one. As much as I appreciate Root and understand why she is now a season regular as a sort of anti-finch I can't help but wish Elias was around more often. I guess too much of a good thing isn't always for the best but drat if Elias isn't one well written bad guy.

Remember the assassin dude? Remember what a badass he was and how he seemed like a real threat to John? Cool, now think about how ineffectual he's been for the last season. Think about how he has failed to kill a single character who wasn't a henchman, lackey or bystander. The badass assassin dude is a huge joke because they kept inserting him into episodes and sending him to kill characters with plot armor. The same thing would happen if they started using Elias more.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

DivisionPost posted:

Bear in mind this could have absolutely nothing to do with PoI, but if this "popular hour-long drama series" is in fact this show...look, I'm just saying, Kevin Chapman is awesome but he didn't exactly propel to stardom on the back of Black Dynamite.

Its obviously about The Walking Dead.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf21y6C1LjE&t=197s

Why can't he emote like that on the show??

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Well, the show did it by improving significantly over the last year. But whatever.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I laughed way too hard at the Twizzlers joke. Great episode and pretty drat ballsy to play a tone most of the audience can't hear (and loving obnoxious to those that can).

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Its a bad turn of phrase because it could easily mean half a dozen things in the context of a tv show. However, in this instance I think he means that the characters haven't done anything interesting in awhile.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sober posted:

At least it can't be bad as any actual fanfiction for this show that exists out there, can it?

No, and it might even be better than the airplane episode. Good luck.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Eh, after the Carter trilogy, I'm willing to forgive a few bad episodes.

CeeJee posted:

the Gymkata-like gymnastics things conveniently placed in the vault.

Why didn't she just use the third one to start with?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Metropolis posted:

I mean yeah I guess she Gymnasticsed her way out but it didn't look kike she'd have an easy way to toss the book to Shaw or something.

Yeah, but then this turns into a National Treasure situation where the plausibility of the caper/escape is undermined by the delicacy of the object they're casually tossing around. A Gutenberg Bible is literally 500 years old. You can't kick it around like a football.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Was that real snow.. in a television show?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm not feeling the Shaw/Root pairing. I know the show is trying to push the grrl power angle, but Shaw works so much better with a straight man like Finch or Fusco.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
On-screen chemistry, not sexual chemistry you perv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Is Finch at Epcot Center??

• Locked thread