Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Boogaleeboo posted:

He spent the rest of that time going "Ha ha ha...seriously guys, I don't know anything about defusing a bomb" for a few seconds, then he spent a few minutes screaming at the top of his lungs when he realized they actually left him there to defuse a bomb with no training.

*Then* he defused the bomb.

Fusco is pretty boss. You see him in the first scene of the premiere and hes being comic relief, he turns up again and has a very human reaction to being asked to defuse a bomb, and then you watch him remove the ignition switch at great personal risk.

I'm not sure i'd enjoy this show without Fusco, I certainly wouldn't enjoy it as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Kegslayer posted:

Fusco is the best because he is the most human. He's just a regular guy who was in a lovely situation but now has been given the opportunity to do the right thing. He doesn't have any 'super powers' like the rest of the gang but he's resourceful and gets the job done using what limited skills he does have.

Yes - you've put your finger on it. Carter is ex-military, Reese is ex-cia, Finch is a super genius, Bear is a trained attack dog and Fusco is a (probably below)average cop. It's like hes playing D&D with a bunch of power gaming munchkins and he just dumped all his stat points into loyalty and sarcasm.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

muscles like this? posted:

My only problem with Fusco is that he's becoming a little too much of a joke character sometimes.

I expect there'll be some dramatic Fusco scenes with regards to whatever Carter has planned for HR - She's obviously not talking to Reese and Finch about it at the moment and theres still the unresolved drama from when she helped Bear move the body for him.

Zaggitz posted:

Actually it's revealed during the mini arc where Reese tasks Fusco with staking Finch out that Lionel is actually a really good detective with a knack for digging up a lot of info if it's required. He's just a man who best exemplifies the shows major theme of people redeeming themselves for their mistakes.

Ah yeah, you're right. But he's not in the same league as the rest of the crew though, so my D&D point stands.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Zaggitz posted:

I really hope Lionel will finally be okay sometime this season, assuming Carter's upcoming war with HR pans out well. We are kinda seeing the result of them being thrown to the wolves and asked to fend for themselves last season when the Machine wasn't spitting out numbers and Reese and Finch just couldn't allocate any time for them.

Isn't Carter in a worse place at the moment? Fusco has got to be feeling better about himself now that hes taken down the majority of HR and got a part time gig being a hero. Carter meanwhile has concealed a crime boss with plans on taking down a shadowy mastermind.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Just finished rewatching season one. As much as I appreciate Root and understand why she is now a season regular as a sort of anti-finch I can't help but wish Elias was around more often. I guess too much of a good thing isn't always for the best but drat if Elias isn't one well written bad guy.

Edit: Also something I noticed. The finale keeps on laying clues that Reese is going down, that something bad is going to happen to Reese and then it pulls a switch and has Finch get abducted.

I don't know what this means with regards to Fusco, only that Fusco better not get got.

MrFlibble fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 18, 2013

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Squidster posted:

I would watch the hell out of Finch's Angels of Interest.

If I'm remembering right Finch would be Charlie and that would make Fusco... Bosley, right?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Kegslayer posted:

I think Reese is going to be the one that bites it. His story is done and Shaw will start wearing a suit.

Caviezel seems like a movie actor at heart and I think he's got a couple of movies lined up.

I reckon it will be Reese as well, but more because its pretty much the ballsiest move they can make. I can't remember an episode where the number has died (a victim number rather than a perpetrator number I mean) and Reese has been in the show since the beginning. His backstory is all wrapped up and theres even a new damaged enforcer type to flesh out.

The trailers are pointing to Fusco so I doubt it will be him (coincidentally hes the guy I would least like to die, aside from Bear) and unless the shots in the trailer are deliberately misleading (a high possibility but still) Finch seems to be around for the bad news. Shaw is fairly new and still fairly underdeveloped compared to the other team members.

Carter could die though, her plot lines are mostly coming to an end.

I guess we'll find out tonight.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
That was pretty amazing. I'm not sure how it would have been not knowing that someone was going to die, maybe I wouldn't have been so worried during Fusco's interrogation. Still the last scene that had three endings scripted? Easy to see what they would have been now (Reese bites it, Finch bites it and the ending we got).

I saw Shaw saving Fusco's kid (no way they kill a kid of one of the main characters). For a moment I was kind of hoping Fusco would die because the prospect of watching Carter deal with the guilt of getting him killed was interesting. Of course then Fusco turned into a shlubby rambo and I remembered why you don't put Fusco into the corner.

:allears: Oh wait, we broke your fingers
:clint: Which made it easy for me to break my thumb

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

violetdragon posted:

I don't understand how having broken fingers would make it easier to break your thumb.

The actual line was "It made it no big deal to break my thumb" or something close to that. The point was that to escape handcuffs he needed every finger and his thumb broken and it was a lot easier to break his thumb than to break all of his fingers AND his thumb,

Well actually the point was just that Carter ( :( ) doesn't have the monopoly on being bad rear end.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Pilli posted:

If it's not Mr. Reese who gets him, I'm done with this show. :buddy:

Fusco has just as much reason to want Simmons dead, maybe even more. Carter was his partner and the dude threatened his kid (Plus if Fusco killed him he'd be able to have a witty one liner about keeping his promises/sending Simmons to hell)

Oasx posted:

Really? I would think they would care just as much as with Carter, Fusco is just as big a part of the team as she was.

I'm not sure Reese would look as messed up as he did in the promos for next week if Fusco had been the one to die, but of course they would care. Fusco has been on the legitimately a good guy now side of the line for a while, being sarky with the rest of the team is just kind of his thing.

EDIT: I just realised that its going to be a while before Reese will be able to make snide little comments to Finch via earpiece. The true tragedy of killing off Carter :(

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
:siren: New PoI tonight! Season 3 Episode 10 - The Devil's Share :siren:
As the team seeks justice for Carter's death, Finch fears one team member will go too far; the number of one of HR's key players comes up in the machine.

They're coming for you Simmons, and they ain't gonna be shooting for the leg this time

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

muscles like this? posted:

I liked that better than the episode last season where they made it look more like he kind of fell rear end backwards into being a corrupt cop.

The thing with that is that Fusco didn't become dirty because he wanted the money or power - he became dirty because he thought he was doing the right thing. By the time he realised (if he ever even truly realised) what he had become it was too late, at least until Reese and Carter showed up to set him on the righteous path of beatdowns.

That scene today makes so much sense in that context and I'm glad he wasn't the one to kill Simmons.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Regy Rusty posted:

Not too surprising considering his history. Though this would be a healthier crowd to run with. :unsmith:

He just realised that he gets more face time working with them as a heist guy than on a regular job.

That moustache was amazing, it stole the show.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Notice how much respect Fusco got this episode? drat right he deserves it.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

JossiRossi posted:

Was going to actually say I had an inkling of an idea where 2-phones might have been the Evo-AI, but I don't think there's been nearly enough time for that.

It would be one hell of a curve ball - having an AI that (presumably) takes job offers so it can be a giant dick to people. No grand plan, just good old jerkiness.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Generic American posted:

Too late. Cat's out of the bag! Now it's just a matter of reaching a consensus on which name suits them better- "Shoot" or "Raw"? :allears:

Let me tell you a little secret. Sometimes, I think Shaw might even be a case of this, the producers of a tv show announce that a new cast member will be joining the show. They give a name and a short description (usually using the word mysterious) and the actor who will be playing the role.

Before the episode with this new character has aired, there will be fans 'shipping' the new character with pretty much every member of the cast.

There is no escape.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Sober posted:

So umm yeah don't read the logline for the next episode if you don't want to go insane waiting two weeks for a new episode.

I can't find it - can you post a link and/or spoiler it please?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Enjoy the finale goons, i'll be here in the corner silently mouthing W T F for a good while.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

HookShot posted:

Yeah, everything about that was pretty loving awesome.

Hirsch :smith:

They had to do flashbacks to make me care for Collier - Hirsch won my heart with just his grumpy professionalism. A true patriot to the end :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
My one hope for season 4 - A series of flashbacks over the course of an episode that has seemingly nothing to do with the episode itself. Someone urgently trying to get a stretcher into a hospital type place, really ramping up the dramatic tension over the episode as you wonder what's happening. At the end of the episode the final flashback reveals Bears mother with a litter of puppies. Possibly with a Danish guy picking one out and saying "Yes. this one will be very good. I shall call him..." and then Finch calls Bear in the present.

• Locked thread