Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

This show is rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Someone needs to screenshot Shaw Carter and Zoe yukking it up while John looks grumpy as poo poo in the background

He had a long day of saving someone in NYC's rear end, he's earned a little sex Zoe stop leaving him out to dry

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

These rule and should be in the op

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Kruller posted:

I really loved how, in a show full of incredibly badassed moments, including the entire opening sequence of God Mode last season, the absolute hands down most badass moment went to Carter. It's made especially great by the fact that the moment was done by a black woman on network TV, and it was 100% hers. No help, no one encouraging her, no one giving in ear support. Just Joss being hardcore all on her own. Hopefully this is something that more shows do. Women, and especially women of color, acting with their own agency and getting poo poo done that doesn't involve romance or kids or any typical "woman stuff" that TV loves to throw at us.

I also love how Reese and Carter basically are best bros without a hint of romantic chemistry. How often does a show have a straight woman and a straight man drink together purely platonically?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

How has there not been mention of shaw and Reese's two lines of dialog with each other this episode

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Root terrifies me, but I trust the Machine.

This is how it starts

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Pilli posted:

We've yet to encounter this one viewer who will diss Bear, though. Probably a cat with posting permissions.

So...you, then?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Metropolis posted:

System Dissolution 0.14%. Feeling pretty smug there, aren't ya, machine?

At this point isn't the machine literally the internet in form though not function, the only way that the machine could be destroyed is if everyone worldwide simultaneously decided to give up and destroy everything that has ever broadcasted a wireless signal

I mean I care about my civil liberties as I'm sure many of you do as well but wouldn't be willing to go back to the late 1800s technologically if this was revealed. And not only that but are sure everyone else you've ever known would do the same thing since te only way this would work is if literally everyone and everything did it, all at once

Oh god

THIS WHOLE SHOW IS A PREQUEL TO REVOLUTION

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 5, 2014

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Metropolis posted:

The machine is at least minutely vulnerable to some form of software attack, as we have seen before. There's also an issue of something better than the internet and electricity coming along, like a quantum entangled brain stem system, or a vast network of tin cans and string.

Any software that is able to off it would by definition have to destroy the internet right? Because in the poiverse the machine is the internet, it just utilizes that data intelligently over simply transmitting it. Also wouldn't any upgraded form of communication be reliant on not utilizing any waves, at all, in its communication, otherwise the machine would be able to access it. And even in a situation like some sort of literal peer to peer communication the machine would merely have to use more human analogs a la root

So the only real way to "kill" the machine would be to reject all forms of communication all at once simultaneously. Just saying guys revolution is te sequel to poi just accept it now :getin:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

This was a real good season finale

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The LOST season 3 finale is up there too

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Zaggitz posted:

Probably just the premiere and the finale, though I think The Devil's Share and The Crossing could probably use the commentary treatment.

There's also word going around that CBS is actually submitting PoI to the Emmys this year, with basically every cast member nominated for something. Here's hoping Taraji P. Henson wins something.

It did. Caviezel and Emerson both submitted for Lead Actor, neither of which will get even a nom. Kevin Chapman submitted for Supporting Actor, which he won't get a nom for, and Shahi and Henson both submitted for Supporting Actress. Henson has very little chance of getting on the ballot and Shahi has whatever is slightly better then very little chance is

Actors submitting is usually studio and network independent so this means nothing, it remains to be seen if CBS uses whatever sway they have with the "For Your Considerations" to Emmy voters to try and convince them to vote PoI (note: they won't)

Person of Interest did submit for Outstanding Drama Series, which ahahahahahahahhahahahaha no loving chance

In Writing, Person of Interest submitted "Deus Ex Machina" and "Devil's Share". It has a very low to almost infinitesimal chance of getting nominated for either let alone both but the more likely candidate is Devil's Share. to be clear neither of these episodes will receive a nomination, the field is going to be stacked with at least two Breaking Bad episodes, one True Detective episode, one Game of Thrones episode, and the remaining two slots will receive the taster's choice of The Americans/Mad Men/Boardwalk/Fargo. and even if the emmy voters throw in a pity never-gonna-win-ever-but-we-have-to-make-the-networks-feel-good nom in Writing that'll go to Good Wife

Now for the fields that PoI has a legit chance of getting nominated in, aka the technical ones: PoI didn't submit for Stunt Coordination, yeah it doesn't make any sense to me either

Cinematography has one submission, and that's Aletheia, aka the second part of the Claypool 2-parter. don't remember that cinematography in that ep bein especially strong, low chance of getting in

In both Sound Editing and Sound Mixing PoI submitted Devil's Share and this is by far their best shot of getting a nom (as in a realistically decent one), since the Hurt montage is so obviously good

• Locked thread