Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This still isn't universally considered the best show on network television? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Some more good behind the scenes stuff can be found at the poi writers joint twitter account here.

Also this fake twitter for Bear completely in Dutch can be pretty funny if you use google to translate it. https://twitter.com/BearDeHond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

KilGrey posted:

One character I'd like to see make a return is that rich computer genius that made the dating website. I think there is still more of his story to tell and he was very interested in Finch's activities. I also love the actor who played him (still angry about the cancelation of Breakout Kings).

Jimmi Simpson is so drat good at playing weird eccentric types. I could see a few cases where he can comeback. Especially if they make the Prism leaks a thing in the show's universe.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

also just wanted to note when I was initially looking for good screencaps for Carter and Fusco I rewatched the episode where Fusco comes clean about his dirty past to Carter and holy poo poo does Kevin Chapman acts the gently caress out of that scene.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Gordon Shumway posted:

It's weird to see Caviezel with that big of a smile on his face.

Is it really, though?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

There are presumably plenty of happy pictures of him floating around from his earlier days back when he was still with Jessica. Alternatively they may have taken a bunch of safety photos for his cover stories.(examples of which are shown in the arc where he goes to jail).

edit: found this on tumblr and I think its a pretty great Minimalistic recap:

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 12, 2013

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRqoerXtXTw Preview for the premiere episode.

poo poo's gonna be incredible. Shaw riding piggy back on Abraham Fusco :swoon:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

Did Carter get demoted? Look at her uniform.

Yup, they showed that in the comic-con sizzle reel also.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I stumbled upon this really nice video that puts all of the flashbacks in the show in order to create a timeline going from the earliest to the latest. It's really slick and tightly edited.(the chinese text is a nice touch also) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwVlJiM0Dno

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The PoI Rewatch Tumblr has completed its run just in time for the premiere tomorrow! I will do everything in my power to get us a sticky every week this year, Aatrek be damned.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

How soon does iTunes typically get episodes after they air? I'm willing to bet amazon will be concurrent with however quickly itunes does it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Foremost on the Machines mind when it comes to root is trying to fix her inherent hatred of normal people. Can't wait to see what it wants with her after that though.

Fun first episode back! A nice breather with a lot of funny/badass moments to let us readjust after the harrowing two parter the last season left on. I enjoyed that thoroughly.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I really dig the new OP, i wonder if they'll have the root bit be a bit longer from now on, and if they only made it go by that fast to obscure to reveal of her current status in the machine's eyes.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 25, 2013

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Regy Rusty posted:

It looks like Carter is basically just not satisfied with Finch and Reese's determination to prioritize protecting people above all else. She wants revenge on HR and she's going to work on getting that by herself. Definitely an interesting direction to take her character.

Rewatching how she acted during this episode, and the arc she went through last year, I thinka Carter is basically doing this herself because she's not okay with bending her morals for something this personal.

She was fine going to Fusco and Elias to help John and Finch, but when everyone of them offered to help her out of her personal problem she declined their offers. Looking forward to see how t his all pans out and if she's got some kind of master plan.

edit: hahahaha I just realized. The ep states that Harold admitted root to that mental hospital. The name Harold chose for her? Robin. The bird theme never stops! :allears:

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 25, 2013

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yeah the middle cluster that all the outcomes branch off of says GENERATING PREDICTIONS.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Um, apparently the people in charge of the show just put the whole premiere up on youtube with audio commentary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFTApthzlP4

that's pretty loving nuts.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Big Bidness posted:

Freaked me out a little bit to see Trevor from GTA V in the first bar scene. That's actually the guy that does his voice.

I recognized him immediately as well, felt so weird having him in such a tiny cameo after playing like 20 hours as him.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

MrFlibble posted:

Yes - you've put your finger on it. Carter is ex-military, Reese is ex-cia, Finch is a super genius, Bear is a trained attack dog and Fusco is a (probably below)average cop. It's like hes playing D&D with a bunch of power gaming munchkins and he just dumped all his stat points into loyalty and sarcasm.

Actually it's revealed during the mini arc where Reese tasks Fusco with staking Finch out that Lionel is actually a really good detective with a knack for digging up a lot of info if it's required. He's just a man who best exemplifies the shows major theme of people redeeming themselves for their mistakes.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I really hope Lionel will finally be okay sometime this season, assuming Carter's upcoming war with HR pans out well. We are kinda seeing the result of them being thrown to the wolves and asked to fend for themselves last season when the Machine wasn't spitting out numbers and Reese and Finch just couldn't allocate any time for them.

I'm kind of hoping there's at least a scene to acknowledge how hosed up things got because of that, so they can get it all behind them and go back to how they were before.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Fusco still has HR on him for the corrupt IA cop Reese killed. Carter was on that case but with her demotion it could come up again. Carter DOES have it worse at the moment, but it's pretty clear she's not taking it lying down.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Also, I'd say some of Fusco's finest comedy moments have been related to how competent he is at faking people out, making them THINK he ain't worth the effort or won't actually be much trouble.

Hell, the best(and funniest) Fusco moment comes from him being a total bad rear end motherfucker when tasked with helping a PoI on his own.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I suppose it can come back to that argument how how a sociopath raised properly will likely become a doctor due to his ability to disconnect from any sense of empathy when dealing with sick or dying people, whereas one without a proper upbringing will just become a straight killer most of the time.

I do look forward to see what exactly caused Shaw to change paths and go the military route.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

:siren:Tonight's episode:siren:: Nothing to Hide

Synopsis: The number comes up for an Internet entrepreneur in the business of eliminating people's privacy, but finds his own being rapidly stripped away. As his life spirals out of control, Reese tries to protect him while Finch calls on Shaw, Carter and Fusco for help finding whoever is after him. Meanwhile, Carter finds herself unexpectedly paired with new rookie partner, Mike Laskey.

Preview

Sneak Peek

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

No word on Leon yet but _____Zoe is definitely in next week's episode.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Kai Tave posted:

Double post but okay, that's a pretty great opening. Shaw following Finch around just like Reese used to do at the start of the series and having just as much luck with it.

Yeah I noticed this right away too and loved it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I love how FURIOUS Carter is about this rookie cop she's saddled with.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Extra faction of anti-PRISM (surely to later become anti-machine) Terrorists. let's do this :getin:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

muscles like this? posted:

I wonder if the Machine is behind that group though.

Highly doubtful, I'm certain if these people find out about the Machine they wills top at nothing to destroy it. This would pave the way for Root being the machine's protector, maybe eventually convincing them that the machine itself isn't so bad.

edit: damnit, beaten

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This is kind of a far-fetched supposition, but what if this new faction has something to do with Harold's past? They are extremely privacy heavy and Harold does have that as a personal focus, not to mention what we know of his history pre-IFT (leaking the internet, "sedition and treason" or some such).

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Random curveball idea for Carter's rookie partner: He's an Elias mook sent in to make sure Carter doesn't get hosed with. We all know Elias' outfit is good at being fake cops(our good buddy ScarCop and whatnot.)

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm sure they'll go by a different name if and when they give one, but it makes sense to draw out these concepts to their extreme end given how the show operates. The machine is the extreme of surveillance and AI, ISA/Northern Lights are the extreme of Black Ops, hell even Elias in a fashion is an extreme of organized crime.

edit: vvvvvv - This is my opinion as well.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 2, 2013

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

You guys I think the recurring joke this season will be Shaw eating something every episode.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

There's also the fact that for all she knows anybody could be a Northern Lights operative out to kill her for defecting.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Croisquessein posted:

I'm kinda hoping they don't go too far with Super Anonymous. This episode was interesting and set up a neat conflict about how to deal with the imminent murder of a total douchebag, but I don't want that to be a reoccurring theme. I like seeing them protect good people or folks who just were on the wrong path. This group goes after powerful people, I assume, who they think are guilty of something. It would be interesting to see them go after Finch but I don't want to see them rescuing jerks all the time.

I wouldn't worry too much, it's mostly par for the course when introducing big villains to the show. They basically failed when Elias happened, letting Decima get the virus out there made them lose quite a few PoIs, not to mention Root outsmarting them in the S1 finale and HR just constantly making GBS threads on Carter and Fusco(mostly during the period the machine was affected by the virus)

It'd be pretty boring if the second a recurring villain was introduced team Irrelevant hosed them over completely every time. They wouldn't feel threatening.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

They got the numbers for and couldn't save: Donnelly, Cal, Szemansky and that doctor guy that got poisoned and died at the end of an episode after Reese helped him find out who the perp was.

edit: Promo for next week's episode. All I have to say is :allears:.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 2, 2013

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I rewatched that scene, and the way I read into it is: They were content in just scaring him away from his business, but even if Team Irrelevant hadn't stepped in, it was clear that the guy didn't give a gently caress about anything but keeping his business going. When they realized that, they decided to just kill him and be done with it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

SpookyLizard posted:

Am I the only one who didn't think of anonymous at all in the episode? I thought this new group might be more like a POI version of ZFT, and is out to stop people from using technology in horrible/awful (legal) ways and protecting the little man from the very same thing.

I didn't think of them as anonymous till I read the thread, and I agree with you. I'm just going with it until we have an official name.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'll definitely be catching it unless something comes up. NOPE SCHOOLWORK OVERLOAD :(

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 3, 2013

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Managed to catch the paley stream after all. Theres some very slight spoilers for next weeks episode so far, since i think they screened that before the panel.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Taraji couldn't be at the panel because she was filming the aforementioned flashback.

A fan from China attended the panel and gave Emerson and Caviziel little Reese and Finch plushies and Jim gave her a hug. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

KilGrey posted:

This will get uploaded to YouTube later, right?

Yeah the Paley center usually puts the panels up in clips if not the full thing.

• Locked thread