Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garbo
May 30, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Wait aren't Jack and the other guy both AWOL at this point?

Yeah. I assume Finch did some computer stuff to fake them being checked in or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garbo
May 30, 2011
I love how they set up the differing views of Finch and Potential Bad Guy of the Week.

Also Shaw :3

Garbo
May 30, 2011

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

That rookie was sent by HR, wasn't he?

Either that or he'll be tragically killed by HR.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Oh this guy better get whacked by the end of the episode. Nobody attacks Finch!

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Those last 10 minutes. drat.

-edit- Also, I missed most of season 2. I assume that the last bit with rookie cop showed that he was working with HR?

Garbo
May 30, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

And is also the reason why Elias is currently hiding out in a basement rather than in prison. You should probably watch the rest of season 2 is what I'm saying.

If they'd post it online I would! :arghfist:

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Oh goddamn Root and Shaw. Just....poo poo. This was one hell of a 60 minutes.

Garbo
May 30, 2011

Toad King posted:

That ending really hit what I don't like about Root; she's literally a super hacker AND a super stealth agent with no reason to be the latter. How can some hacker somehow sneak up on a trained operative and disable them?

Yeah that part I didnt like. Given how Shaw has acted in the past, i'd assume that she'd booby trap her door or something. On the other hand, maybe she has some cameras in her room or something for the machine to scope out how to best sneak in?

Garbo
May 30, 2011
If they touch one hair on fuscos curly head I am so done with this show.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
"That's my grenade launcher?"

He made it sound like someone just kicked his puppy.

Garbo
May 30, 2011

terrordactle posted:

It seems Carter chose poorly.

Yup. I'm really hoping that this is part of Carter's plan.

Garbo
May 30, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

I was thinking Assault on Precinct 13 but that works too.

For a brief, brief moment I actually thought the writers might kill Carter. The whole "a hero falls" thing in the preview for this episode made me think they might actually go for it after everyone's been bracing for something to happen to Fusco, but nope, last minute phone call saves the day. Still though, this is just the first act, two more to go.

I was absolutely sure for a few seconds she was going to start the monologue and then promptly get shot. This show has me on such an edge, and if every character gets through it alive I will be shocked.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Im going to go with Root. She's not really heroic (yet), but I still keep coming back to Finch telling her that how does she know this isn't exactly where the Machine wants her to be. What if the Machine is playing the long game and has someone she can trust completely in close proximity to team irrelevant in case poo poo goes down?

Garbo
May 30, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Holy poo poo they are going to kill Fusco and his kid :(

Im back on "Carter is going to die". Fusco and Reese would be too obvious at this point.

-edit- So does Finch save Fusco or Reese?

Garbo
May 30, 2011
FUSCO gently caress YEAH!

Garbo
May 30, 2011
OH poo poo OH poo poo OH poo poo

-edit- M...m...maybe shes...maybe shes still alive?

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Goddamn Elias. God. drat.

Garbo
May 30, 2011

packsmack posted:

I kinda like root. I hope she doesn't get broken. More broken I mean

The show is kind of fundamentally about redemption so I doubt they're going to unredeem a character.

I hope.

Garbo
May 30, 2011

Sub Rosa posted:

But after the S2 finale, the Machine can upgrade and change it's own code. While it is respecting Finch's wishes in terms of the nature of their relationship, the Machine now possesses agency that isn't bound by any artificial restrictions Finch would have created.

Just because she doesn't have to doesn't mean she doesn't still want to respect Finch's wishes.

Pilli posted:

Since the Zoe actress is busy on another show, I was wondering whether they set up Holly as her replacement. It seems to suit the Reese character to have a part time female sidekick. Not sure if the show tried it with Shaw, but I never saw these two actors working that well together. Shaw comes off better for when me paired with Finch, who really got "her number."

They did it in the season 2 finale. It was great. The problem isn't Shaw/Reese chemistry; the problem is that Shaw is nobody's sidekick.

Garbo
May 30, 2011

JossiRossi posted:

Did he train Shaw?

If I remember correctly, yes.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Since Zaggitz is sleeping on the job, how about we take a gander at the preview video for next week's episode?

Garbo
May 30, 2011

CeeJee posted:

It helps that Fusco is so goddamn amazing.

They also have Shaw and Root, so "oh boy they killed off the badass lady of course" doesn't apply.

Zaggitz posted:

Ain't gonna catch me slippin this week Garbo.

:argh:

Garbo
May 30, 2011

pik_d posted:

Hey cool, the whole gang's here. All we need now is Control/Hersh

Hersh is too busy double checking that all of his agents are ok and Control is currently bowing down to the new machine shrine in her closet

Garbo
May 30, 2011

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Hersh's first name is Robert huh?

I want to say that's been revealed before?

Regy Rusty posted:

"Threat to Asset: Control"

Come on Machine, I know you know her real name.

Machine considers Control and asset. Man this shows overarching plot is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garbo
May 30, 2011
S3 Gag Reel is up.

Maniacal Laugh

• Locked thread