Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
This has been argued endlessly. The buildings were designed to withstand two 707 impacts. Building 7 collapses on its own?

My dad used to get drunk and over stoke the fireplace. I remember watching the grate get red orange and slowly sag under the weight of the oak logs. Later on in welding class I learned where steel moves. Steel resists movement well above 1800 degrees. It moves very slowly when it deforms. There is only one steel framed building collapse. The building was fully involved and didn't have the anti draft measures to prevent significant oxygen flow to fire which burned for 24 hours, the top 10 floors collapsed on one side, there are pics, etc.

The wood stove doesn't collapse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
I liked the videos on angular ejecta. They show very clearly that debris was carrying angular momentum. Explosive demolition is the only way to account for the angular trajectory of those debris. You explanation of building 7 is laughable the chairman. None were ever in danger of collapse.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Typical baboons. The idea that there are multiple ways a steel frame building can collapse is dumb. There is only one way, demolition.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
The airplane did not explode, it was pulverized, the fuel igniting in a visible ball of fire that lasted a short time. The insuing fire was starved of oxygen, black smoke billowing, few fuel sources, was never hot enough to weaken the metal significantly. The color of the fire denotes its temperature.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Each tower was made to withstand 2 707 impacts.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
My spell check wasn't working

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
I like the sculpture that looks like a fly head

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Jet fuel won't burn hot enough without a significant oxygen source. I'm going to light my whale oil lamp.

El Puerco fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 17, 2017

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Steel frame building cannot collapse without explosive demolition. This is a fact. You are entitle to your opinion however you're not entitled to your own facts. The story about "the collapse" is made up by those people who kidnapped Geordie Leforge so they could get their brainwaves covered/ recovered. So, Genius, have some of my memory.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Jet fuel is not a hi explosive. Those are only instant flashes that were not sustained long enough and did not achieve a hi enough temperature to melt or significantly weaken the steel. Your sensationalism is noted. Thanks for the visual aide.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
I guess you need a welding class so you could learn to apply your genius I've given you.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
For you physics challenged a hi explosive is a chemical reaction. C4 is an example. A low explosive is not a chemical reaction. Black powder or kerosene fit into this group. Those low explosives generate significantly less energy and are not capable of producing enough explosive force to cause the effect witnessed.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
What were called "the supports" were actually not the load bearing structure, those load bearing structures were the 47 columns. The "supports" mentioned were not the 47 columns, only the riveted cross sections that were not responsible for holding the floors up.

The PBS special was in error.

El Puerco fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 17, 2017

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Black power is a slow burn.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Loosing interest?

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Black Powder = Physical Reaction

C4 = Chemical Reaction

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Shelly Kimball scumbag

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
The idea that Bin Ladin had anything to do with those towers was disproven. Bin Ladin wasn't the man "killed" by the military without a trial that was all made up. If he was ever killed at all it happened at Tora Bora. It is a myth like Mohamed Atta. I think I need a photo op.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Make that a plain burger, no kechup, no mayo, nothing, just the buns and the hamburger patty.

I'm sorry you removed your post about the fries. I was responding to you.

Thanks for reposting

El Puerco fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 22, 2017

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Well then, I would like a Steelcase Desk circa 1980, AKA the " Tank Desk" and a Steelcase chair to go with.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Already happening in GBS:

There has never been a metal building collapse under similar circumstances. Only thing close was a fire in some third world country where standards are poor. Gas lighting cover nut.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

Instant Sunrise posted:

What I don't get is why do they always go for broke by calling it a controlled demolition? How come conspiracy theorists don't say that Bush paid the hijackers, or that he deliberately ignored warnings that the hijackings were going to happen?

Maybe because that doesn't matter?

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

boner confessor posted:

i'd bet money they'd call it controlled demollition

the best part of this argument is that controlled demolition and uncontrolled demolition look extremely similar and have the same end result

The controled demolition will collapse faster than gravity

The controled demolition will collapse into the buildings foot, otherwise the building topples due to Newton's second law on entropy

Ect.,

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

Baronjutter posted:

I know a lot of people who do hobby-level iron-working and forging and poo poo and it's amazing how soft that poo poo gets with just a bit of heat.

You are wrong, my wood stove doesn't collapse

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

boner confessor posted:

the thing you need to remember when arguing with a conspiracy theorist is that they are advocating a theological position which they believe with near spiritual intensity but they drape it in the language of rationality and skepticism. they think they are arguing logically, but really they're stating a belief which itself defies logic, one which typically centers on how special and wise the conspiracy theorist is for rising above the masses to see the true nature of reality. if you approach them and accept their perspective that they have facts which can be debated then you will waste your time, every time

when they press you for "scientific proof" what they're really saying is that you need to say something acceptable to the canon of facts which they've cultivated to support their argument. obviously this is not how rational inquiry works, but this is consistent with people who express an irrational argument using the language of rationality to fool themselves and others

There were 2 minor fires in building 7

Steel frame buildings don't collapse

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
The previous posters are trying to report and of course wrong

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
The Recovery Out is flailing as usual. For you kindergarteners if you open the wood stove, let it get more air, the fuel will burn hotter. To excess, this can even make the stove red hot in places. It doesn't collapse. Your attempt to pull state is noted.

The fuel could not get hot enough to soften any structural support. No significant oxygen source noted.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

Dirk the Average posted:

Adorable. Which law are you citing - Newton's 2nd Law or the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics?

Please educate yourself a little. Quickly, it means the energy held within the structure that keeps it standing cannot be overcome by it's energy itself. That means that an object like a post or a skyscraper cannot fall into its foot and instead will fall to the side or topple over on its side. I'm sure links have been posted here... somewhere.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Sounds like the Recovery is ruffled

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

QuarkJets posted:

An airplane collision and a raging inferno certainly couldn't be classified as energy entering the system

... Could they?

My torch is a raging inferno

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Brainwave Recovery

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what's Recovery Out, Mr Puerco?

Those would be family trash trying to recover brainwave

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm thinking gangstalking meets whatever the hell he thinks is being done with his brainwaves.

"His" brainwaves

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

Tias posted:

Conspiracists are not interested in having an argument, nor even in winning one. They just want people who listen to their bilge so they can feel important, kick him to the curb.

This would be " Thief, Thief"

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Those towers were designed to withstand 2 707 impacts

Looks like the fool I was responding to removed his gay post

El Puerco fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 21, 2017

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

Data Graham posted:

I wanna hear more about this one

In a demolition the supports are removed, significant structural elements are weakened, but more importantly, the oxygen is consumed by the Thermate, Thermite, or C4, instantly. This allows a faster than gravity fall into the foot of the structure which is impossible without controlled demolition.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

QuarkJets posted:

* low-speed, low-fuel impacts

You are a female divider dumbshit

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

A 707's empty weight is 74 tons and change. A 767's empty weight is 94 tons.

I don't recall the buildings being built to withstand two impacts, but I won't argue the point. But the scenario that was proposed when the 707 was the expected plane was one lost in fog or weather at low speed with low fuel because they would be coming in to land, not a nearly full and much larger plane slamming into them with the throttles wide open.

The architect said very clearly that the building was built to withstand 2 impacts. He elaborated by using a pencil and stabbing it through a screen like on a screen door, the pencil just sticking in the mesh, the mesh absorbs the impact, the building stabilizes in several minutes. They made it clear that it is impossible to knock down a metal framed building like a skyscraper.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

They fell just faster than gravity according to measurements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

boner confessor posted:

it's brain damaged nonsense. the real conspiracy talking point is that the towers fell at free-fall speeds which relies on cartoon physics to imply the non-collapsing structure of the towers should have impeded debris falling from above which is pretty much not how buildings work at all. once any portion of your building starts to move downwards in an uncontrolled way you're going to have a real bad time

It actually has to overcome the inertia as it falls, each floor having its own inertia, this inertia causes the collapse to be slower than gravity, assuming you buy into the idea that a steel skyscraper can collapse at all without demolition

• Locked thread