Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

I spend too much time thinking about the Montreal Canadiens.

Welcome to the EASHL thread for the hockey fight simulator known as NHL14.

EASHL is an online mode that let's you play a full 6v6 game with all your buddies. To get the full experience you should have a headset for communication with your teammates.

If you have a team looking for members or looking for a group to form a team with you've come to the right spot.

Just make a post about your team and I'll include it in the OP. Click on the team name to jump to the post about that team.

Teams:
pre:
Team          Contact                            Status       Website
CSA           Rutkowski / forutkowski            Open         http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/NHL14PS3/11861/members
Killdozers    LegioPraetoria / LegioPraetoria    Closed       http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/NHL14PS3/103/overview

The Roadwarrior fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

The Killdozers

Abbreviation : SAS
Style of Play : High Level with MAXIMUM violence
Roster Size : 11
GMs :
The Roadwarrior / mmrockatansky "C"
LegioPraetoria / LegioPraetoria "A"
Skink / Tordah "A"
Scylla / UtterlyWorthless
Roster :
Dale Meets Wall / dale_meets_wall
tysova / dynezola
fits / fitsf
The Rev / Gotlife22 and his buddy mattlco
Jovial Cow / JovialCow
The Uniballer / Sr_Smoove

How to Join
We are currently not accepting members due to the amount of players online at release. Likely we'll open things up in the fall for a few tryouts*.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Tordah is currently in the PIM lead with 135, someone needs to give him competition!

At least I lead in blocked shots :negative:

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

The Rev posted:

Tordah is currently in the PIM lead with 135, someone needs to give him competition!

Oh I'm getting there, trust me!

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
Also, Smoove, you really need a mic! I am willing to PayPal you one of my hard earned American dollars to reach your goal.

2014: "A Dollar For A Dream", The effort to help the mute find his voice.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!

The Rev posted:

Also, Smoove, you really need a mic! I am willing to PayPal you one of my hard earned American dollars to reach your goal.

2014: "A Dollar For A Dream", The effort to help the mute find his voice.

I will kick in 5.

Seriously dog, it's killing us. Bluetooth intervention.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

LegioPraetoria posted:

I will kick in 5.

Seriously dog, it's killing us. Bluetooth intervention.

I'll throw 5 or 10 in, no problem.

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Dale will always steer you in the RIGHT direction!
Yay new thread. Sorry I dropped out the other night, my internet just disconnected and I couldn't get it back. Seemed to workout okay though since we had a bunch of people online waiting to get in. Playoffs start tonight so who is ready to win our first NHL14 banner?

tysova
Sep 10, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Scylla posted:

I'll throw 5 or 10 in, no problem.

And I'll throw in a Prodigy - Greatest Hits album that smoove must play as background music during all of our matches

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
Ive got some dumb condo party I agreed to go to but I'll be around by 8 or 9. I hope there's space :(

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

LegioPraetoria posted:

Ive got some dumb condo party I agreed to go to but I'll be around by 8 or 9. I hope there's space :(

Do old people still have key parties? I'm imagining an awkward party.

I'm playing all night until I pass out. I brokered the deal last night.

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008
I AM LITERALLY INCAPABLE OF COMPREHENDING ALTRUISM
I'll join up on the babydozers and see how active it is.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!

The Roadwarrior posted:

Do old people still have key parties? I'm imagining an awkward party.

I'm playing all night until I pass out. I brokered the deal last night.

I think my gf and I are the only people in the building below the age of 45.

Awkward is one word, yes. It's technically the super's retirement party I think. All's I'm saying is there better be some loving wine.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
I'll be on in an hour or so. With my mic. Ugh.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I should be on most of the day. Psn is flaggy12.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Krypttx posted:

I'll join up on the babydozers and see how active it is.

I'm on most nights except for Thursdays.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011

Uniballer posted:

I'll be on in an hour or so. With my mic. Ugh.

Such a beautiful voice.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
Are you VGHLing this season? If not, you should come play with us some time. Also, how satisfying was it to beat Ottawa last season?

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
I might be - my work situation is kinda up in the air so I probably won't have the time.

Did you see the game where I scored on Joe?? You should've heard us laugh on chat. I think I sat for game 7 though so I didn't really get that satisfaction of beating them.

I'll play if there's room? Sounds like you guys are pretty full. All my guys, btw, are 6"5 grinders/power forwards and all I do is hit people. I don't even try to score.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did. It was in overtime, right?

Well, you should probably come play with us in a couple of weeks when activity starts to dip down. As far as your build, half of our team is built that way, so you would fit in perfectly, although you should at least make attempts at scoring when you're playing with us.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
So, we seem to be in a similar situation as last year. Killdozers got their group that's full(and I completely understand why, this is not a complaint at that in any way) and the babydozers are, well, stillborn. Other than me and the GM we got one application waiting and that's it. Two(+one) members...

...I think I'm gonna look for a new team because drop in games are only so fun as a guy who primarly play goaltender.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I'm a dumb newbie that only got the game a few days ago. It's my first NHL game in ages so I'm still learning the ropes, but I'd be happy to be a warm body on the B team if you guys need one in the future. I suppose I should create an online guy and get a mic now. Am I supposed to grind something to get skill points or is that just for singleplayer BAP?

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008
I AM LITERALLY INCAPABLE OF COMPREHENDING ALTRUISM

Rutkowski posted:

So, we seem to be in a similar situation as last year. Killdozers got their group that's full(and I completely understand why, this is not a complaint at that in any way) and the babydozers are, well, stillborn. Other than me and the GM we got one application waiting and that's it. Two(+one) members...

...I think I'm gonna look for a new team because drop in games are only so fun as a guy who primarly play goaltender.

yea I'm the +1. I'll give it a little while to see how it shakes up.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Krypttx posted:

yea I'm the +1. I'll give it a little while to see how it shakes up.

Sorry about that guys. I'm on vacation until tomorrow night. Out of town and what not. I usually play after work about 5pm cst until 10cst. Hopefully we can get this thing off the ground.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!
I'd be very happy to bounce between teams on nights when Killdozers are super busy but I created the drat team so I don't think that's even possible.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Rutkowski posted:

Well the OP makes it seem like both teams are pretty hardcore and thats why I didnt bother applying since Im a terrible player that hasnt played in a long time. Im also a full time student so my available time is all over the place. :(

If that isnt an issue Id be down for some games when I can.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

I'm a university student with two kids and a side gig as high school substitute, I think you don't have to worry about spending time in the game. He way I see it the babydozers are for the goons who are not good enough to be in the popular kids club.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

Rutkowski posted:

I'm a university student with two kids and a side gig as high school substitute, I think you don't have to worry about spending time in the game. He way I see it the babydozers are for the goons who are not good enough to be in the popular kids club.

By good, do you mean sitting in the penalty box a lot? if so, yes, we are very, very good.

In all honesty, most of us played for a long time last year, and kept on playing this year. Since only 6 can play at a time, it really doesn't leave room for anyone who wants to play club, but isn't a "regular". This is kind of why you see the people who think babydozers is a bad name, it really isn't the Killdozers farm team, it's its own entity.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Who's shmish0? I just saw in on the roster, and I don't remember ever seeing him before...

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!

Scylla posted:

Who's shmish0? I just saw in on the roster, and I don't remember ever seeing him before...

Don't worry about him; he's been my buddy since grade 6, I added him so I could introduce him to eashl/otp poo poo in the training arena. He hasn't played NHL games since like '99.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

LegioPraetoria posted:

Don't worry about him; he's been my buddy since grade 6, I added him so I could introduce him to eashl/otp poo poo in the training arena. He hasn't played NHL games since like '99.

Ah OK, so that was the guy you mentioned the other day. No problem!

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Alright, I'll be setting up an entirely fresh SASHL team as a real alternative for those of us with inactive or no clubs. Seriousness level is that we have fun but still try to win the games, no skill prerequisites required. Name is still undecided, I'll post here when I figure one out.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Here`s a good team name: The Cut to the Slot and Shoot Over Glove Gang

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
I see you've figured out the glitch :)

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Club for the Senior Aged
Abbreviation : CSA
Style of Play: Having fun and injuring people while also trying to win
Roster Size: Until we're too many to handle
GM:
"C": Rutkowski/forutkowski, Any
"A": flaggy12/flaggy12, LW/RW
"A": furnaceface/furnaceface, LD/RD
Roster:
Krypttx/cigarmoustache, LW/C/RW/GK
Xtanstic/xtanstic, LW/C/RW/LD/RD
Jarmak/jarmak, LD/RD/GK
Rutkowski's brother/nFredriksson, C
SilverSeven2009/silverseven2009, ???
Kragger99/kragger99, LD/RD/RW

How to Join
Apply ingame and if you're not friend with forutkowski, send a friend request including your SA username so I know who's who.

But yeah, open for any goons. While I'm Euro I got relatively flexible times so I can usually play until 8-9PM EST.

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Sep 25, 2013

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Also, I've read over my posts in this thread and I realized it might appear like I'm bitter that you're not letting in more goons into the Killdozers. I'm not, seriously. I've been on the Killdozers and been forced to sit out because we already had a full team, I think going with two if we can sustain is a good thing. I might sound angry but I'm not, I'm just not good with this whole internet tone thing. :( I just want to play some club games with cool people avoid the crap that's pubbies.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

And the CSA have just played our first game! Despite heavy lag from our side we managed to get a shutout and a 1-0 win. 100% win rate baby.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

What's a useful position for CSA? Also what's a good position for a baby like myself? I'm assuming fuckups as a winger are minimized compared to C or D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

What's a useful position for CSA? Also what's a good position for a baby like myself? I'm assuming fuckups as a winger are minimized compared to C or D.
Any position is welcome but if you're afraid a mistake would cost us the game then A) you're taking the game too seriously and B) a winger is probably the best. But, play smart and for christ's sake don't try to carry the puck into their zone by the sideboards when there's 2+ dudes waiting to throw a big hit on ya.

Also, always backcheck. It doesn't matter if you're stuck behind their net when they cross our blueline, always backcheck. The biggest way to be a waste of space is to cherrypick by their blueline continiously.

But if you want a challenge but hate taking faceoffs then D is really fun and really not that much harder. As long as you don't pinch bad you should be fine. From the Hockey Player Thread:

xzzy posted:

It took me a good three or four games of messing up pinches before the coach pulled me aside and explained how it works: if the guy is fumbling for the puck and/or is not heading up ice, pinch if you think you can beat him. If he has the puck under control and he's skating towards you, just bail out and play defense.

Was simple advice that helped me a lot. I still get burned, but it's due to being slow when skating backwards more than anything.

• Locked thread