Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Isizzlehorn posted:

The only difference between that pony poo poo and lunatic writings on walls of a mental institution is the pony authors haven't been diagnosed as clinically insane. Yet.
There's another difference.

People clean the walls in a mental hospital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Do they not have an edit button or something?

Yes, that's what bothers me about that post.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Hitting the random button pays off sometimes

Money Sink introduction quote posted:

"If there was no way for us to "destroy" Neopoints, inflation would be even worse than it is now. There would be so many Neopoints in the economy that they would practically be worthless. It would cost players more and more Neopoints to purchase things, because each Neopoint would have so little value. Could you imagine a Krawk Morphing Potion costing 150,000,000 NP? That's what it would possibly cost if all the Neopoints that have been created by Flash games and other areas of the site were never removed. For players who make their Neopoints by playing games to earn 1,000 NP at a time, it would seem like an impossible goal."
The Neopian Times editorial (bottom of the page), Issue 469

-Note: The average Krawk Morphing Potion is sold at 15,000,000 NP.
That intro quote is almost as long as the description itself.

Hammurabi posted:

So I guess when you open a new book, one of your priorities is... Hunting the snark?

:frogout:

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Suspicious Dish posted:

why does Kz/Ag in Kim Possible have a double bond?

Because it looks more sciency

e: also maybe something about shipping?

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

I'm kind of surprised that tropers are freaked out by the idea of MECs. Becoming a giant badass robodude seems like something they'd like.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

^^^^I think having to constantly scroll up and down the thread ruins the flow more.
But I'm not Fast Eddie, so what do I know.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

corn in the bible posted:

"

Lolita/Headscratchers

Im confuse, only watching the movies, did Lolita seduce H.H. or was that just in his head?

I haven't seen the films, but the novel is intentionally ambiguous about it. H.H.'s main goal is to garner sympathy from the reader, so naturally he would try to convince us that "she made me do it". At the same time, it's entirely possible that at some point or another Lo did knowingly seduce him, and she was a bit of a troubled girl anyway.

"

The best part of this is the Lolita YMMV page:
"
Misaimed Fandom: Vladimir Nabokov hoped his readers were smart enough to see through all of Humbert's attempts at gaining sympathy, and realize what a sick and twisted man he is. Not all of them were.
-Some people actually sympathize with Humbert. As quoted by another writer, Lolita is "not the corruption of an innocent child by a cunning adult, but the exploitation of a weak adult by a corrupt child".
-Some people denounce the book because they think it's an attempt to portray pedophilia in a positive light (when in reality, Nabokov was trying to show the opposite). Seeing as Humbert is an Unreliable Narrator who often tries to gain the reader's sympathy and justify his actions, it's not too surprising that people misunderstand.

"
:ironicat:

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Cornwind Evil posted:

Honestly, I don't think there's a lot of pedophiles on TV Tropes. I think there's a lot and lot and LOT of shut-ins with zero social skills who subconsciously seek scenarios where the power imbalance works in their favor. I don't think these are people who are legitimately attracted to young girls, I think these are people who are terrified that if they try and talk to a woman, they'll get laughed at for one reason or another.

I used to think that most of the people on TVT were super socially awkward teenagers who didn't really understand things like "personal boundaries" or "this is socially acceptable" because that's how I was when read TV Tropes (I was also 14 at the time). Not anymore.
At this point, I'm pretty sure that almost all of them are like 30 years old and have some serious social development problems. For instance, not understanding things like respecting personal boundaries and other acceptable social behaviors.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Cornwind Evil posted:

This is true. I have Aspergers myself, and the two main Asperger's groups I attended each had, and have, a person who is incredibly fond of trains. Don't know why, but it's true and all.

It's because trains are cool. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Annointed posted:

The gently caress am I reading. Well gee Fast Eddie, you sure are upholdig the family-friendly image.

Gonna have to be more specific there

• Locked thread