Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Kuroyama posted:

Isn't that part of tropers' misconception that you can jam whatever tropes you want into a story and it'll be a good story?

Of course, because Tropes Are Tools, and thus more tropes = more tools = better than. I (ostensibly) write fiction as a hobby, and there are days I wish I'd never heard of tropes or even the concept of the Mary Sue, because that poo poo gets into my head and makes me question literally every decision I have regarding my characters and plot. I just want to write, goddammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Junpei Hyde posted:

Wait, the gently caress is a "sex face turn"? Is it like the wrestling terminology? If so, how does this equate to sex? Or am I better off not knowing?

Bad guy turns good because he gets laid. More often (and more creepy), evil female character becomes good after seducing the protagonist, because she falls in love with him after a good shag.

• Locked thread